• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenomic

I paid full price for Shovel Knight day one and damn proud I did, but didn't the developers say that it wasn't going on sale this year?

Miletius

Didn't realize the time and now PA is 5 dollars more expensive. Stupid West Coast! Hopefully it'll come back as an encore deal.

Oooh, Shovel Knight.

Thirded on Dragonfall. Still deciding what slot it's going to be in my GOTY vote, but it'll be top 5 for sure.

So is that it for community choice. I see no vote tab and checking my badge process I got 9 cards from voting, I thought there would be a 10th vote (the concept being you can made the badge for free).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://abload.de/img/recpojfb.png
=(

Well good to know they (he?) wanted it on sale. I've been waiting for it to hit $10 or so because CAPITALISM, HO! but it never went on sale. :(

Kyougar

What a steal
who buys this??

cod7suyp.jpg

Oh wow, AW isn't even included

thats nothing!

Train simulator and all dlc (all 199) is on sale for only1 383,16€

Kiyo

If you're into platformers, you should get Shovel Knight. My GotY.

Also, whats up with New Vegas being up there twice? Wonder what the other game on sale is.

JustinBB7

I'm 100% sure I read in this topic or the other steam thread that the Shovel Knight devs said the game wouldn't be on sale..and there it is.

TheSeks

So is that it for community choice. I see no vote tab and checking my badge process I got 9 cards from voting, I thought there would be a 10th vote (the concept being you can made the badge for free).

I thought the sale was going until Jan 2nd? Why would they stop the voting at the 27th?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Damn you Capcom! Why won't you do the same as anyone else and add to the discount of older titles when the latest title of a franchise gets discounted?

That said. Do I want Dead Rising 2 base or should I wait for Off The Record to drop more?

In the mood for a newish great cRPG with a great story and combat.

I was looking into getting Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Dragonfall Directors Cut, or Divinity Original Sin. Or are there better options out there? I've played most of the older crpgs so please recommend something that is fairly new.

Thank you!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I'm assuming it's Steam being dumb, nothing new. Will probably be up soon.

aku:jiki

Ah, fuck it, Shovel Knight and STFU it is. I've got stacks of card money anyway, time to live like a rockstar and buy TWO games!

Yeah, the votes aren't going to the 2nd as well? I'm confused about this sale structure.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
LOL at Shovel Knight. Still not buying, will wait for whenever it's $5 or less, or a Humble Bundle.

Why are there two Fallouts New Vegas? Why can't I vote for next community vote?

Edit: Was fixed, Crusader Kings 2 on sale for the nth time.

I paid full price for Shovel Knight day one and damn proud I did, but didn't the developers say that it wasn't going on sale this year?
That was before the VGX award for best indie game. Then I think they made a follow-up post after the award saying they might do something special as a result.

I was looking into getting Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Dragonfall Directors Cut, or Divinity Original Sin. Or are there better options out there? I've played most of the older crpgs so please recommend something that is fairly new.

Thank you!

Dragonfall has the best story and atmosphere, Divinity has the best gameplay. Those three games are certainly the best cRPG's of this year though.

kudoboi

man... steam is drunk

one of the fallout new vegas is supposed to be dead rising 3/ shadowrun dragonfall depending on which game is missing on the store page

Talyn

Thank you!
Dragonfall has a great story, the combat is pretty good if you like turn based X-com lite combat. As I said in an earlier post, I consider it my old school RPG of the year but you can't really go wrong with any of the 3 you named.

RK9039

Thank you!

All three of those are worth having.

I haven't really gotten in Wasteland 2 yet because I'm still messing around in Divinity and still playing Dragonfall. Once I'm done with those two I'll be carrying on with Wasteland 2 which seems to be the longer game out of the three. There's also mod support for these games, I've seen some really cool ones for Shadowrun.

TheSeks

Damn you Capcom! Why won't you do the same as anyone else and add to the discount of older titles when the latest title of a franchise gets discounted?

That said. Do I want Dead Rising 2 base or should I wait for Off The Record to drop more?

Depends: Do you want Frank West, WHO HAS COVERED WARS YA KNOW!?: If yes, wait for Off the Record (or just get it now) it adds a few things to Dead Rising 2's area (Uranus Zone being one).

If no: Get the weaker character version (base).

Thank you!

I have all 3 and Divinity is my favorite by a significant margin. I may be biased as I have a lot more hours into it than the others but I like the gameplay the most. My RPG of the year. I will be going back to wasteland 2 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom