• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
This might be something that's premature to ask, but are there any stats on the percentage of early access games that make it all the way through their development with stable full releases?

Marow

Like Stump and chubigans already pointed out, setting your sale price is completely automated and something you just log into your publisher account and fill out during the month leading up to the sale in question. The guy simply forgot to do it. The communication issue is that probably 95+% of Valve is on holiday so no one's around to manually apply the discount he wants.

Every publisher on Steam, I believe, has the right to set a different daily/flash discount in case they get picked. Shovel Knight guys probably set one assuming they'd never get a spot, I dunno?
I see, I wasn't aware of the new systems. Thanks for informing me!

As for Yacht Club Games... I have no idea what to make out of it.

Here's what they said at the start of the sale, Dec 19:

I see. Sorry that we couldn't make it happen in time for the holiday season, but hopefully that's still something we can make happen in the future.

Here's what they said now, Dec 27:

Hey gang,

Similar to the TGA we were originally planning to once again sit this Winter holiday out. The addition of SK into the Holiday Sale, while not absolute last minute, was a bit of a late add for us. I'm sorry for the unorthodox roll out of the promotion and will be more clear when speaking with y'all in the future.

So somehow they changed their ways in only eight days. I'd like to know more about it (I got no ill will, so please don't think I'm out on a crusade - I merely wish to learn something as things don't really add up)!

Speevy

Banned
Help Neogaf. I'm trying to add the Fallout New Vegas that isn't part of my library but it says it's the same as the other one.

What's new in this version?

ArjanN

Dragonfall DC is just a stand alone game from Shadowrun Returns.

- Shadowrun Returns
- Shadowrun Dragonfall, new campaign, not connected to Returns story-wise
- Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut, standalone version of the Dragonfall campaign.with a bunch of extra content.

Varg

Banned
So glad dragonfall went on sale. Im at the end of shadowrun returns and I've been having a blast playing it. Picked up necrodancer and shovelknight as well. Good sales today.

Purkake4

Banned
Wow, finally some bomb ass deals. Did Valve just wait for everyone to spend all their money and then lure the last dusty coppers out of their wallets with sweet deals?

RS4-

Damn, Nuclear Throne is tempting.

Not sure if I'll wait for STFU and Shovel to show up on ps4. What I did play of STFU is damn hard though

Thanks for the feedback on new vegas guys. Only got 6€ left to spend this sale so I gotta carefully concider if I wanna buy something or try to live longer through this sale.

FO:NV is one of my favorite games of all time. Absolute classic IMO. Infinitely better than FO3 if your problem with FO3 was the meh storytelling

Miker

Can anybody vouch for the PC version of Shovel Knight, especially compared to the 3DS and Wii U versions? It's definitely the cheapest (by $5), because god knows nothing ever goes on sale on Nintendo platforms, but the PC version doesn't have any special features at all besides Steam achievements. No Miiverse, no 3D (which I hear is well done), no Kratos, etc. Not sure if I should get it on PC or pony up for the console versions with more stuff.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-C0920DE1F3109979 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 19 entrants total.

t1419714859z1.png

teiresias

I really hope the Baldurs Gate EEs go on daily. I've been wanting them even though I own like for copies of the game stiffly for the ability to zoom using the mouse wheel.

I also feel like the odd man out since I liked FO3 but never could get into New Vegas for some reason.

Being playing Resident Evil Revelations and, damn, I think they kind of nailed some of that old survival horror feel. I completely forgot to use the silly scanner to look for items so I found myself with no ammo for a bit, using only the knife. Until I started scanning and recovering a bunch of crap... only for me to get confident and ending up with few ammo moments later. Game runs awesomely awesome too, sometimes Capcom gets way too much flak (with reason, where is Dragon's Dogma PC, guys...) but at least in the case of this game it's just a very well done port.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Which game should I vote for?

I voted for Invisible Inc. It looks interesting.

Voted for Invisible Inc as well. Really hope it wins the vote, but I'm skeptical since it's a turn-based affair.

What's the consensus on Shovel Knight and Long Dark? 6 more days of sales and I'm trying to figure out how to stretch out my budget the best I can :S

Dyna

So far not too many games that interest me in this sale which is sort of a bummer since I went ahead and picked up some Steam cash for myself for Christmas. Oh well, a few more days left. Hopefully Alien Isolation is part of the encore sale so I can get the season pass for it. Dark Souls 2 too probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom