• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

The Daily Deals from yesterday still have about nine hours left before they expire. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion had its 75% off discount applied to everything, including ALL of the DLC, for at least 12 hours that I noticed. So how nice is it to come back to see notification that the price has changed on all the DLC I had placed in my cart to 50% off. How wonderful.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Does Anno 1404 still use Tages or not? The store page says yes but I'm reading elsewhere that it was removed? I'd appreciate if anyone that knows for sure could tell me.

UrbanRats

STFU looks too confusing, and i'll get Shovel Knight on PS4 (assuming it'll have cross buy with Vita).

So maybe i'll get Abyss Odyssey, though i'm not sure if it's worth it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How's Fallout New Vegas? Never thought that Fallout 3 was that great, is New Vegas better?
I haven't played F3, NV was my first and only Fallout game, but I enjoyed NV a lot. I thought the combat was honestly pretty terrible and the game is way too buggy, but the quest design is probably the best I've seen, and the world-building is excellent and very organic and reactive. The writing and VA is top-notch too. I enjoyed it a lot and I am even considering doing a second playthrough with a more evil-oriented character (which I never bother with, usually).

The Daily Deals from yesterday still have about nine hours left before they expire. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion had its 75% off discount applied to everything, including ALL of the DLC, for at least 12 hours that I noticed. So how nice is it to come back to see notification that the price has changed on all the DLC I had placed in my cart to 50% off. How wonderful.

Wow that sucks. I was lucky enough to pick it up yesterday.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does Anno 1404 still use Tages or not? The store page says yes but I'm reading elsewhere that it was removed? I'd appreciate if anyone that knows for sure could tell me.

JaseC apparently personally threatened all of ubisoft if they didn't remove the tages and so they apparently removed the tages along with all other form of DRM, making it drm free on steam. He was gonna kill everybody and flood them with pics of his avatar library

Is there a card trading thread somewhere?

The Steam Trading Thread is a little barren but during the last week or so I set up Steam Trade Matcher and I've been getting at least 3-4 trades for my duplicate cards daily. You can actively search for trades too, a few bugs here and there, but overall it is pretty good. Sometimes it takes a while to scan your inventory, then search through all the users in their database for suitable card trades though. Here is a link to their Steam group too.

King_Moc

Banned
Dragonfall is a completely different story. The original was set in Seattle, Dragonfall is set in Berlin and focuses on a team of shadowrunners that have gotten entirely too close to a conspiracy involving a supposedly dead dragon.

It has a completely different story than Shadowrun Returns and it's a longer game as well.

New story, actual characters and it's a standalone game. It builds off the first's engine and provides a much needed basic save system, a plot, characterizations, made classes important in some areas and provided something that resembled a challenge. It also opened the world up a bit, although it's not an open world game by any stretch of the imagination.

Cheers guys. Guess I'll play Dragonfall, and go back to returns if I like it.

Caved. Bought Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

I don't care about the Shadowrun universe, and I think Shadowrun: Dragonfall is a ridiculous title on a game, but I am a sucker for turnbased games like this.

If there is interest in Star Wars games, there is a Star Wars Bundle over at GameAgent for $10, under the 'My Dashboard' deals. You'll need to login to see the deal. All are Steam keys and SteamPlay (will install on Mac and PC).

Games in the bundle:
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition

I don't know when I'm gonna get around to playing it, but you guys convinced me to get Shadorun: Dragonfall. Passed on the original for now.

Had to add another $5 to my Steam Wallet >.>

Hopefully anything else I'm interested in is $2.50 or less.

aScaris

Caved. Bought Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

I don't care about the Shadowrun universe, and I think Shadowrun: Dragonfall is a ridiculous title on a game, but I am a sucker for turnbased games like this.

You don't care about the Shadowrun universe, or you don't know it? It's a great setting and has lots of interesting lore to it. Also Dragonfall is quite a nice name for someone who is familiar with Shadowrun (it's not about your everyday dragons ;) ) :D Have fun!

Ricker

Bought Shadowrun Dragonfall,even though I couldnt finish Shadowrun,got stuck on the mission where you had to go in the Matrix with a made up character if you didnt have one,which I didnt...I enjoyed it though.

Tempted by Lords of Xulima but the M&M X comparison scare me...can you at least grind in Xulima or are the ennemies gone forever once you defeat them like M&M...

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Just a heads up for people to be careful out there. I have to reinstall windows/etc now after clicking this phish url. I should have known better but I assume it was safe considering it ended with jpg. It was from a friend on my friends list too. It looks like this.

ZcgRGGp.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on Shovel Knight. The sale coupled with seeing it on so many Game of the Year lists made it a no-brainer. Really enjoying it so far, one of those games where once you start playing it you don't want to stop. I know this isn't news to 99% of people, but yeah, that game's alright.

Just a heads up for people to be careful out there. I have to reinstall windows/etc now after clicking this phish url. I should have known better but I assume it was safe considering it ended with jpg. It was from a friend on my friends list too. It looks like this.

ZcgRGGp.jpg

What happened? Malaware?

autoduelist

So the general consensus is that my current copy of Shadowrun Returns is essentially a coaster that I shouldn't even bother playing and I should invest in the sequel instead?

Yucky feeling, I really was looking forward to getting to SR.

Bl@de

So the general consensus is that my current copy of Shadow Run Returns is essentially a coaster that I shouldn't even bother playing and I should invest in the sequel instead?

Yucky feeling, I really was looking forward to getting to SR.

Pretty much yeah. At least that's what I'm going to do. Didn't play Shadowfall yet

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
What happened? Malaware?

Yeah, download window came up for a file with a weird extension at the end. I didnt download it but I would rather be safe than sorry. Also it helps to set your browser setting to ask where to download files before downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom