• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Nothing annoys me more then buying a PC game only to find out there is some sort of technical issue that I can't find an answer for on Google.

Bought Shovel Knight and no matter what I have tried, when I launch into full screen it zooms in to the right left corner and defaults to 720p.

Nothing annoys me more then buying a PC game only to find out there is some sort of technical issue that I can't find an answer for on Google.

Bought Shovel Knight and no matter what I have tried, when I launch into full screen it zooms in to the right left corner and defaults to 720p.

Right click the exe and disable or enable DPI scaling

Decado

This type of thing is pretty common. Find the executable. Right click, properties. Check the tabs and look for something like "dpi scaling". Change the selection. Apply. Start game.

Kagemusha

Nidhogg has single player but I assume that means bots? It's only really worth it for local mp?

Gateways was sort of revolutionary.

demolitio

And once again, my motherboard decides to act up putting a hold on any game purchases. Why are the computer gods against me this month?

I'm about to go all Kratos on them.

Unicorn

What a fucking joke. The Cybertrons games are overpriced for the longest time. Especially considering the communities are dead for MP - the best part. I loved the MP, but can't play it.

I mean, Fall of Cybertron is over 2 years old and still asking $60.

Popstar

New Deals Every 12 Hours
Deals last 24 hours from start

Rogue Legacy -85%
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition -85%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -75%
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron -75%
Skullgirls -75%
Space Hulk Ascension -33%
(-48% if you own previous Space Hulk)

Additional linked deals
(may not be complete)

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition -85%
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam -75%
Transformer: Fall of Cybertron DLC -75%
Transformers: War for Cybertron -75%
Transformers Cybertron Experience -65%
Skullgirls DLC -75%
Space Hulk -90%

New Flash Deals

Skullgirls (-75%)
Rogue Legacy (-85%)
Space Hulk Ascension (-33%)
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition (-85%)
Transformers Fall of Cybertron (-75%)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (-75%)

EDIT: Beaten, haha

DukeBobby

What a fucking joke. The Cybertrons games are overpriced for the longest time. Especially considering the communities are dead for MP - the best part. I loved the MP, but can't play it.

I mean, Fall of Cybertron is over 2 years old and still asking $60.

Hey, good news!

Stage On

Gosh darn it Game Dev Tycoon still hasn't hit 75% off yet :( I've been waiting for so long

I haven't gotten anything so far this sale since most of the stuff I've been interested in has been over my $10 per game limit

Harusame

I conceded and bought Recettear and the other games of the Carpe Fulgur Collection. Apparently, I've had those games on my wishlist since September of 2011...

Rogue Legacy and Skull Girls are tempting...Somebody sell me on these games?

Space Hulk: Ascension as well but too expensive for me to jump (understandable..it came out only six weeks ago).

Miker

I somehow have all the Skullgirls DLC. I think I pre-ordered it and also added some of it to my library during their free period.

I should probably play it.

Just put a couple hours into Shadowrun Returns and it seems like a steal at $1.50. It's like a good detective story so far.

The game starts out good but the second half of the game is pretty bad, the story turns away from the detective story pretty quickly.
Gameplay wise it's like a poor man's xcom

I can't decide if i want to gamble with three games i want to play, that i don't think will likely go on Flash or Daily. But i also don't want it to bite me in the ass. Decisions man.

drgambit

Banned
Gaf help me, I came across some more steam money and I am torn between two games:

Shovel Knight or Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection

I can only get one... which one should I get?

Haunted

Gaf help me, I came across some more steam money and I am torn between two games:

How could we possibly recommend one between an excellent NES-era inspired platformer and an excellent RTS game.

It entirely depends on what you're more in the mood for, genre-wise. :D

ExoSoul

Banned

Shovel Knight.
Only if you already own Rogue Legacy and Skullgirls.

How could we possibly recommend one between an excellent NES-era inspired platformer and an excellent RTS game.
I can :p

Malajax

Rogue Legacy and Skull Girls are tempting...Somebody sell me on these games?

Space Hulk: Ascension as well but too expensive for me to jump (understandable..it came out only six weeks ago).

If you're new or a casual fan of fighting games and want to get better, Skullgirls has a great set of tutorials to teach you the game as well as general strategies for all 2d fighting games. Outside of that, the mechanics are solid, it's really easy to pick up and play, has some pretty cool lore (the story modes for the dlc characters are especially cool), and has some really smart features that unfortunately haven't made it to other fighting games yet.

Support a completely original, indie, western made fighting game. Buy Skullgirls.

If you're new or a casual fan of fighting games and want to get better, Skullgirls has a great set of tutorials to teach you the game as well as general strategies for all 2d fighting games. Outside of that, the mechanics are solid, it's really easy to pick up and play, has some pretty cool lore (the story modes for the dlc characters are especially cool), and has some really smart features that unfortunately haven't made it to other fighting games yet.

Support a completely original, indie, western made fighting game. Buy Skullgirls.

Can you play Skull Girls competitively online using just a keyboard or does it handicap you too much versus players who use game pads?

Uthred

ahh Ascension is a stand-alone expansion. Why is it's metacritic soo high compared to the original Space Hulk? Did Ascension fix a lot of issues its predecessor had?!?

Ascension isnt an expansion, the publisher rather confusingly describes at as a standalone sequel. The original was a very faithful adaptation of the classic boardgame, it had some problems at launch but regular patches sorted all of those out. Technical issues aside the original boardgame has some rules that people may or may not like, in combination these two issues may be responsible for the lower review scores of the original. Space Hulk Ascension uses the same general setting but it changes the mechanics of the game to a new set of original mechanics and also introduces rpg elements such as persistent and more customisable characters, it features a more popular Space Marine chapter, its a more polished product and largely avoided the technical issues of its predecessor etc.

NEO0MJ

It's what I'm talking about. Even 15$ is too high for a game that will have no MP community

Yeah. I want to play it but $15 seems a bit much for just a SP game like that.

Skullgirls = fighting game
Rogue Legacy = grindy shit

What Rogue Legacy is great. Sure it can be grindy at times but that's something all rougelikes suffer from.

Can you play Skull Girls competitively online using just a keyboard or does it handicap you too much versus players who use game pads?

I feel that a keyboard might make it difficult to perform advanced techniques and some motions.

Malajax

I've personally never used the keyboard for fighting games, but I know there are some amazing players who play with just a keyboard. If anything, having a keyboard puts the handicap in your favor vs a controller or arcade stick due to the purely digital commands vs having to maneuver a stick or dpad (this is also the philosophy behind the "hitbox" style controllers). The controls are also fully customizable. So give it a shot.

What Rogue Legacy is great. Sure it can be grindy at times but that's something all rougelikes suffer from.

what

no

in roguelikes you start with whatever you have and if youre good enough you can get as far as you want in any run

you play it a lot because youre getting better and better and understand more and more

in rogue legacy

you start as shit and you have to grind until your stats arent total shit

you have to play it over and over and over and over and over again to get the +1s to actually progress in the game

its lame

Card Boy

Banned
what

no

in roguelikes you start with whatever you have and if youre good enough you can get as far as you want in any run

you play it a lot because youre getting better and better and understand more and more

in rogue legacy

you start as shit and you have to grind until your stats arent total shit

you have to play it over and over and over and over and over again to get the +1s to actually progress in the game

its lame

Fuck i hope this doesn't become a PSN+ title now next year.

Ascension isnt an expansion, the publisher rather confusingly describes at as a standalone sequel. The original was a very faithful adaptation of the classic boardgame, it had some problems at launch but regular patches sorted all of those out. Technical issues aside the original boardgame has some rules that people may or may not like, in combination these two issues may be responsible for the lower review scores of the original. Space Hulk Ascension uses the same general setting but it changes the mechanics of the game to a new set of original mechanics and also introduces rpg elements such as persistent and more customisable characters, it features a more popular Space Marine chapter, its a more polished product and largely avoided the technical issues of its predecessor etc.

Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom