• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to check daily, but might have missed a day or two. Have either Wolfenstein:The New Order or Divnitiy: Original Sin had a daily deal?

Any chance Ground Zeroes will drop any more before this is over?

It was already a daily, wasn't it? It won't drop more than that.

If (it was a daily and) you're asking if it will drop again, no.

I thought about getting the first Space Hulk but the DLC and complete edition are not on sale. Not supporting dumb devs.

Don't be so quick to jump on the hate train. They've had a lot of problems with the license holder, they may not have much of a choice.

Lain

I was wondering, the Watch_Dogs Season Pass contains Conspiracy, Access Granted Pack and Bad Blood, right? I'm guessing the deluxe edition of Watch_Dogs has stuff not in the season pass though?

xeris

Want Banished but am on Mac and won't bootcamp so want something similar to scratch the itch, Tropico 5 @ £12.24? Or can someone suggest something else?

I'd go with Tropico 5. I enjoy Banished, but I prefer the Tropico series. It's a lot more user friendly and I like the theme more. Banished is good for what it is, but it wasn't as sticky for me. It's more a game to pull out every few months and play for a couple hours than a "what do you mean it's 3am" type game.

CHC

Not sure why I'm having such a goddamn hard time finding this information, but when is the last day of the sale?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Rogue Legacy is great. It's only sort of a rogue-lite.. it's a platformer with rogue-like systems.

The idea is to die sometimes. I can see how some might not like it but it's so mechanically great with how it controls and plays... at the price it is now.. it's a steal. Assuming you like platformers at all.

megalowho

Any recommendations on what expansions/extra content to get with Crusader Kings II? There is a fuck ton available, a good chunk on sale, but I'm not looking to spend a ton on DLC when I'm getting the game for $10.
The Old Gods and Legacy of Rome are pretty good - adds Pagans/Vikings and the Byzantine Empire into the mix. Sword of Islam, Sons of Abraham and Rajas of India all expand the map and introduce some new wrinkles, if you're interested in any of those cultures they're worth it as well. I'm also a sucker for music DLC when it's that cheap, the soundtrack overall is great.

Portrait, shield and unit packs I'd only recommend if you've played a bunch and want some new assets to freshen things up.

I'm thinking of Invisible, Inc if it gets up in the Community Vote.

Any recommendations or not on this?
I usually don't buy Early Access games but I'm really liking the look of this one
Not sure if it got the vote but it's an awesome game, even in its early access state. It's not quite fully featured yet but there's enough there to sustain hours of play. If you enjoy turn based tactics and stealth, you should consider it essential. Also the devs are quite active with regular updates,addressing fan feedback, and participating with the community.
The game is also extremely stable and I can't recall encountering any bugs.

KJ869

Not sure if it got the vote but it's an awesome game, even in its early access state. It's not quite fully featured yet but there's enough there to sustain hours of play. If you enjoy turn based tactics and stealth, you should consider it essential. Also the devs are quite active with regular updates,addressing fan feedback, and participating with the community.
The game is also extremely stable and I can't recall encountering any bugs.
Any Feature missing that you feel should be in?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and Resident Evil 5 are both confirmed to be getting rid of GFWL in 2015 and get Steam servers.

empyrean

I'd go with Tropico 5. I enjoy Banished, but I prefer the Tropico series. It's a lot more user friendly and I like the theme more. Banished is good for what it is, but it wasn't as sticky for me. It's more a game to pull out every few months and play for a couple hours than a "what do you mean it's 3am" type game.

Cool thanks, sorry to be a pain is tropico 5 worth and extra £10 over tropico 4 which is like £2.50ish atm.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kayant, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-DBEED07B0CEBB04E - Taken by Danielsan. 33 entrants total.

t1419786205z1.png

Want Banished but am on Mac and won't bootcamp so want something similar to scratch the itch, Tropico 5 @ £12.24? Or can someone suggest something else?

There are two Early Access indie city management survival games that may interest you if you were looking into Banished; Retro-Pixel Castles and Heartlands.

RPC is very much in alpha (no saves, lack of content, slowdowns, crashes), but I've played a few hours and the basic civilization survival management concept is fun. You guide the actions of the settlers by flagging areas for them to work on or buildings to build and watch them fail or succeed. If you don't set your town center in a secure spot from the get go, you'll be doomed by day 2 and will be overrun by zombies. I look forward to future updates on this one, but at the moment I'll wait for a more stable release, as it slows to a crawl sometimes by day 4 and no saves really sucks when you have a good run going.

I have yet to play Hearlands, but even though it is also EA, the survival\city management looks more refined than RPC. More building types, trading, and ability to train and fight off enemies. Seems more like a Civ\SimCity\AoE mashup. I'll probably try it later today.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kayant, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-DBEED07B0CEBB04E - Taken by Danielsan. 33 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-4400A48F50BD28A0 - Taken by EricTheCleric. 23 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Shadowrun Returns was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419786563z1.png

Kifimbo

Did some cleaning, I don't think this was used. Sorry if it was.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-E8F9D33B8E84130B - Taken by ProjectOmega2x

gsrjedi

I've tried to check daily, but might have missed a day or two. Have either Wolfenstein:The New Order or Divnitiy: Original Sin had a daily deal?

Green Man Gaming had Wolfenstein for $20.39 yesterday and with their 20% coupon it came out to ~$16. It's back up to $30 now, but the coupon still applies. Not sure when their sale ends or if they have an encore.

Tizoc

Are Y's games essay to get into..wanting to buy all of them..is there a recommended order or each one?

Start with Ys: Oath in Felghana (Ys 3).
Ys games aren't hard really, at worst level grinding for 1 or 2 extra levels will make bosses slightly easier.
It is an epic game regardless.
Ys 1 and 2's gameplay is rather archaic but can be fun, Origin is a successor to OiF's gameplay system and many consider it to be better.

Obligatory
s2igs71.jpg

Buy them all, I'd say start with Origins.

Start with Ys: Oath in Felghana (Ys 3).
Ys games aren't hard really, at worst level grinding for 1 or 2 extra levels will make bosses slightly easier.
It is an epic game regardless.
Ys 1 and 2's gameplay is rather archaic but can be fun, Origin is a successor to OiF's gameplay system and many consider it to be better.

Obligatory
s2igs71.jpg

oh man thanks guys will be buying..gonna wait for a daily just in case..gonna splurge on trail in the sky also!!!!!!!

Nabs

Are Y's games essay to get into..wanting to buy all of them..is there a recommended order or each one?

They're more action than rpg. I'd recommend starting with Ys 1 and 2. Ys Origin is great, but it's also a giant callback to Ys 2.

Honestly, you can play whatever you choose. Just remember that each level is very important, so if an area or boss seems tough, just go back and kill a few enemies and level up. Other than that, it's pretty easy to get into.

My recommend path? Ys 1, 2, Felghana, Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom