• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start with Ys: Oath in Felghana (Ys 3).
Ys games aren't hard really, at worst level grinding for 1 or 2 extra levels will make bosses slightly easier.
It is an epic game regardless.
Ys 1 and 2's gameplay is rather archaic but can be fun, Origin is a successor to OiF's gameplay system and many consider it to be better.

Obligatory
s2igs71.jpg

Now I'm interested in this game lol

Green Man Gaming had Wolfenstein for $20.39 yesterday and with their 20% coupon it came out to ~$16. It's back up to $30 now, but the coupon still applies. Not sure when their sale ends or if they have an encore.

Damn, I haven't been checking GMG. Anyway, $24 is still a good price. If Steam doesn't have it as a daily before the 2nd, I'll get it on GMG. Thanks a lot.

Unicorn

Don't forget that the Skullgirls DLC is also on sale! I almost did. Grabbed it all for 3.74!

Edit.

I also had a dream last night that Darkwatch 2 was on sale, but didn't realize until the last minute that it was a motherfucking sequel to the rather awesome PS2 game Darkwatch. It was a race to purchase before the clock ran out.

Where is Darkwatch 2?

GaussTek

They're more action than rpg. I'd recommend starting with Ys 1 and 2. Ys Origin is great, but it's also a giant callback to Ys 2.

Honestly, you can play whatever you choose. Just remember that each level is very important, so if an area or boss seems tough, just go back and kill a few enemies and level up. Other than that, it's pretty easy to get into.

My recommend path? Ys 1, 2, Felghana, Origin.

A giant callback to Ys I you meant :p

But yeah, I agree. Play them in that order: Ys 1, 2, Felghana and Origin.

So is Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut worth it? Does it include the full game and expansion or what?

Bought it yesterday. Going in without any previous knowledge or experience of Shadowrun before, I would say that it's definitely worth it. Nice combo of RPG and turnbased combat, with some really good handpainted graphics.

It's a complete game, a new campaign more then a expansion.

Invisible Inc. didn't make it :(

FFS stupid community. Shame on you.

F*ckign laughable that Ancient Space won. Definitely a proof that a generic and recognizable title is your best bet on success.

I'm going to buy Invisible Inc despite that, just to spite everyone.

F*ckign laughable that Ancient Space won. Definitely a proof that a generic and recognizable title is your best bet on success.

Hey, I bought Ancient Space at launch and it's actually an interesting take on the RTS genre. What played against it was the extreme difficulty and the fact that it wasn't like Homeworld (despite screenshots making it look like it was). It's more like its own thing with small squads of ships, space station building and creation of defensive positions.

All in all it is a decent strategy title with some flaws. (Worst offender by far is the performance though, good luck playing this at anything over 30fps, probably caused by a misuse of the Unity Engine.)

Weetrick

A lot of people don't like stealth games. Not really laughable.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nice to see shadowrun selling well. Wonder how it impacts the kickstarter in January. Also kinda bummed they are just doing another campaign and not a sequel though.

dosh

Start with Ys: Oath in Felghana (Ys 3).
Ys games aren't hard really, at worst level grinding for 1 or 2 extra levels will make bosses slightly easier.
It is an epic game regardless.
Ys 1 and 2's gameplay is rather archaic but can be fun, Origin is a successor to OiF's gameplay system and many consider it to be better.

Obligatory
http://i.imgur.com/s2igs71.jpg

I never ever glanced at Ys games. Your post made me rethink my ways. A fine job, Tizoc. A fine job indeed.

I never ever glanced at Ys games. Your post made me rethink my ways. A fine job, Tizoc. A fine job indeed.

Ys Games are like crack, and I couldn't even tell you why, but I gotta pick up those little gems as they make me faster or something. I think. COMBOBOBOBOBOBOBOS.

A lot of people don't like stealth games. Not really laughable.

Ancient Space is still one of the most generic titles on one the most generic looking games out there. It's the safest bet you can make. You pretty much knew immediately when the poll went up that it would win. I stand by my comment.

I wanted Invisible Inc to win, but would gladly have accepted Audiosurf 2, considering the brilliance of Audiosurf 1. Ancient Space winning just makes me sad.

Leatherface

Guys I was contemplating getting the Shadowrun games. Both Dragonfall and Shadowrun Returns. If you were to choose, would you buy the Shadow run games or Divinity: Original Sin? I've been stewing on this for awhile now. Because of price of Divinity I can only choose on side or the other. I holding firm to my Steam budget this year. :p

Guys I was contemplating getting the Shadowrun games. Both Dragonfall and Shadowrun Returns. If you were to choose, would you buy the Shadow run games or Divinity: Original Sin? I've been stewing on this for awhile now. Because of price of Divinity I can only choose on side or the other. I holding firm to my Steam budget this year. :p

Dragonfall wins on atmosphere and story, Divinity wins on gameplay. They're both fantastic games.

Don't get Shadowrun Returns. Just get Dragonfall if any.

And between Dragonfall and Divinity, that depends on your backlog. Dragonfall is a 20h game, Divinity is like a 50h game.

Divinity will also get much cheaper, and they're working on quite large improvements just now, that will probably make the game much more worthwhile to play when it's finished.

Leatherface

Dragonfall wins on atmosphere and story, Divinity wins on gameplay. They're both fantastic games.

I was leaning toward Divinity but was hoping I could catch a deal. What do you think the chances are it'll be a daily (again?) before the Steam sale is over?

And between Dragonfall and Divinity, that depends on your backlog. Dragonfall is a 20h game, Divinity is like a 50h game.

Divinity will also get much cheaper, and they're working on quite large improvements just now, that will probably make the game much more worthwhile to play when it's finished.

Interesting. Okay, maybe I'll hold off on Divinity for awhile and go for Dragonfall. I have Dragon Age: Inquisition to hold me over on my traditional fantasy fix for awhile. Thanks!

Maybe, just maybe... NeoGAF aren't the only group people who use Steam. Maybe.

lies

Hmmm so what should I get? Both the original and the expansion??

A lot of people prefer the expansion as it is more of a "complete game" and if you just want to get one, get the expansion as it is a standalone game. That being said, I enjoy the original/base game. I myself see nothing wrong with the original but I tend to be alone in that sentiment.

That's true. There's a hardcore mode upcoming, new additions and corrections to the story and they're also looking into controller support.

I'm fairly sure Divinity will become a daily, but don't expect a huge discount. It's still selling really well.

Pezus

Bought it yesterday. Going in without any previous knowledge or experience of Shadowrun before, I would say that it's definitely worth it. Nice combo of RPG and turnbased combat, with some really good handpainted graphics.

It's a complete game, a new campaign more then a expansion.

Thanks. Still debating if I should put down the money (my backlog is IMMENSE)

Thanks. Still debating if I should put down the money (my backlog is IMMENSE)

I bought Dragonfall yesterday desipite already having Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wasteland 2 in my backlog. After 2h with Dragonfall I'm convinced that I would rather continue to play that one, then the two others.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

It's time to stop posting for awhile. Calm down a bit.

Pezus

I bought Dragonfall yesterday desipite already having Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wasteland 2 in my backlog. After 2h with Dragonfall I'm convinced that I would rather continue to play that one, then the two others.

I have at least 100+ games in my backlog lulz but thanks for your help. I'll think on it a bit

jholmes

I got Oath in Felghana based on the GAF hype and it fucking delivered. Awesome game and the combat is a lot of fun too, no bumps to be found.

vazel

Banned

How is Ancient Space generic? If anything we don't get enough spaceship rts games.

Is Thief worth the 7.5€? I really liked Deadly Shadows.

Ask Turfster. The cost of his counselling to deal with the trauma of playing that game cost him an awful lot more than that!

Disclaimer: this is a joke. Making ranty posts on here and on Steam for days on end is of course totally free.

I really enjoyed those :D

tl;dr: NO! Run! Run for your life!

Anilusion

Ask Turfster. The cost of his counselling to deal with the trauma of playing that game cost him an awful lot more than that!

Disclaimer: this is a joke. Making ranty posts on here and on Steam for days on end is of course totally free.

I really enjoyed those :D

tl;dr: NO! Run! Run for your life!

Damn :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom