• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of want Transistor even though I got the platinum on PS4 then I thought, "why not get shovel knight?" then I remember I've barely played divinity.

Why am I such a hopeless consumer?

Because you have disposable income. I was an insane consumer when I had that (but I personally blame it on hating my job then). Now that I don't have money to throw away, that urge and habit is completely gone. Don't know if it's an inevitable consequence of the universe's way of taking your money, or if it can be controlled :p

It's actually a confusingly named sequel to Half Life 2. It does not include the base game.

Ah, yeah I figured that might be the case. I'm sure I will get the base game some day, after all I want to see what "all the fuss" has been about, but I'm not sure how much the game holds up today. I know there are probably outspoken people on both sides of the camp :p

The only "Half Life" I played was the Black Mesa mod, which I very much enjoyed playing on my Intel HD 2000 iGPU. It was actually the first game I wanted to try after I got the 970, but for some reason it didn't run when I installed it. I still need to finish it and plan on doing that.

Teeth

Ah, yeah I figured that might be the case. I'm sure I will get the base game some day, after all I want to see what "all the fuss" has been about, but I'm not sure how much the game holds up today. I know there are probably outspoken people on both sides of the camp :p

The only "Half Life" I played was the Black Mesa mod, which I very much enjoyed playing on my Intel HD 2000 iGPU. It was actually the first game I wanted to try after I got the 970, but for some reason it didn't run when I installed it. I still need to finish it and plan on doing that.

You really should play Half Life 2 before Episode 1. For a whole bunch of reasons.

Unicorn

I got Transistor cause I havent even played the regular Shadowrun yet, which I own

I started it last night as a magic and shotty build. I've played some more today. It's like half visual novel and half SRPG-lite so far. If you're in the mood for that, the writing is pretty good. I'm actually invested.

Although, I was trying to get into the PnP a couple years ago, so some of the jargon is familiar and I went in with a hint of knowledge about the lore. After hearing so much about Dragonfall, I'm really looking forward to that after this.

I backed the KS at $60+, but didn't really play until it was priced at less than a $10 spot for both campaigns.

Nope. The multiplayer is dead and the only single player dlc, the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, is just a three minute tomb that's as bad as the rest of the 'tombs' in the the game.

I heard it's the best tomb. Still, I can't believe how badly they botched the Tomb aspect of Tomb Raider. It's hilarious.

Uzzy

I heard it's the best tomb. Still, I can't believe how badly they botched the Tomb aspect of Tomb Raider. It's hilarious.

It is the best tomb, yes. But it's still terrible. You're right though, they made a Tomb Raider game where the tomb raiding aspect is utter rubbish. I have to laugh just to avoid weeping over what they did to the franchise.

Got $7 in my steam wallet.

Shadowrun : Dragonfall or Transistor. Tough choice.

You won't go wrong with either choice. If you've got a chance of getting a bit of extra cash, grab Dragonfall now and Transistor tomorrow.

Uzzy

Should one play Shadowrun Returns before Dragonfall?

No. Shadowrun Return's campaign, Dead Man's Switch, is average at best, while Dragonfall is spectacular, and really shows off the campaign's strengths. The gameplay improvements in the Dragonfall Director's Cut are also welcome.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Any impressions of Woah Dave!? It's from the BIT.TRIP people, and it's 99 cents during the sale.

The game is entirely dependent on how well one enjoys simply attempting to best their high score and only one stage to it like that of the original arcade Frogger, Mario Bros, and their kin of the 1970s, early 1980s.
For what it is, simply trying to survive and clearing out enemies it's smooth and responsive to control and you always know how every item and enemy will react. Never a question on how your throw will go (the attack), jumping, what enemies will appear with what behaviour they will use (they get faster), or what to do (survive, throw objects at enemies, get coins).

I enjoyed it, but I can't really recommend it unless you specifically like and can enjoy coming back to this very "retro" style of game play, and haven't already gotten your fill on Super Crate Box (which has more variety as it uses different guns and more enemy types, but not as balanced).

The game is entirely dependent on how well one enjoys simply attempting to best their high score and only one stage to it like that of the original arcade Frogger, Mario Bros, and their kin of the 1970s, early 1980s.
For what it is, simply trying to survive and clearing out enemies it's smooth and responsive to control and you always know how every item and enemy will react. Never a question on how your throw will go (the attack), jumping, what enemies will appear with what behaviour they will use (they get faster), or what to do (survive, throw objects at enemies, get coins).

I enjoyed it, but I can't really recommend it unless you specifically like and can enjoy coming back to this very "retro" style of game play, and haven't already gotten your fill on Super Crate Box (which has more variety as it uses different guns and more enemy types, but not as balanced).
Thanks for the awesome detailed impressions. :) The game sounds right up my alley.

Super Crate Box is great, but it unfortunately runs like shit on my machine (which should be more than capable of handling it) and crashes.

autoduelist

I'm already having some serious 'post-daily' regret for holding strong and not buying a few... specifically, Door Kickers, Age of Wonders 3, and a recently recommended Dominions 4.

Gah. Hopefully they get repeated last day, so I can beat myself up about which one to pull the trigger on.

Card Boy

Banned
Any other good deals outside of Steam? I've been out of town since Friday

AMAZON

• Metal Gear Rising - 75% off @ $7.49
  • Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition - 66% off @ $6.79
  • Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 66% off @ $6.79
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - 66% off @ $6.79
NUUVEM (i rounded the prices slightly up)

• Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $1.50
  • Batman 3 Pack (includes Batman Arkham City - GOTY Edition, Batman Arkham Origins & Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition) - $5.60 (no Arkham Asylum)
  • Dragon Age 2 - $3.70
  • Grand Theft Auto Complete Package - $5.60
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition - $4.20
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition - $3.70
  • Deponia - 93cents
  • Magika Collection - $1.50
  • Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Mirror of Fate HD - $2.60
  • Crysis Trilogy - $9.30
  • Battlefield 3 Premium - $8.55
  • Battlefield 4 - $15
  • Battlefield 4 Premium - $22.30
  • Bioshock Triple Pack - $9.30
  • Lego Batman - $3.70
  • Lego Harry Potter - $3.70
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $3.70
  • Lego The Hobbit - $3
  • Rockstar Games Collection (Max Payne, Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne, Max Payne 3, Max Payne 3 Season Pass, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Midnight Club 2, Manhunt, L.A. Noire, L.A. Noire DLC Bundle) - $17.45
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked - $3
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $2.60
  • Worms Collection (every worms game and DLC) - $11.15 (every other worms game has a individual deep discount)
    [*]Wargame: European Escalation - $1.50 region locked

All Steam except for the EA Origin stuff.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of woo and indeed hoo, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (woo and indeed hoo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Long Dark -- MB-CEB9757F39A66CA2 - Taken by Miker. 205 entrants total.

t1419866488z1.png

AMAZON

• Batman 3 Pack (includes Batman Arkham City - GOTY Edition, Batman Arkham Origins & Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition) - $5.60 (no Arkham Asylum)
  • Dragon Age 2 - $3.70
  • Deponia - 93cents
  • Crysis Trilogy - $9.30
  • Battlefield 4 - $15
  • Lego Batman - $3.70
  • Lego The Hobbit - $3
  • Rockstar Games Collection (Max Payne, Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne, Max Payne 3, Max Payne 3 Season Pass, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Midnight Club 2, Manhunt, L.A. Noire, L.A. Noire DLC Bundle) - $17.45
  • Worms Collection (every worms game and DLC) - $11.15 (every other worms game has a individual deep discount)
  • Wargame: European Escalation - $1.50

Thanks!!!

Tschis

My first gift with ModBot :D

Excuse any mistake, as the new thread doesn't specify where to get the key from. I had some troubles ^^

ModBot said:
Instructions for Tschis:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tschis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HammerWatch -- MB-7B0672169140B475 - Taken by Blu(e). 8 entrants total.

t1419909627z1.png

Hanzou

AMAZON

• Dragon Age 2 - $3.70
  • Deponia - 93cents
  • Crysis Trilogy - $9.30
  • Battlefield 4 - $15
  • Lego Batman - $3.70
  • Lego The Hobbit - $3
  • Wargame: European Escalation - $1.50

Some of the Nuveem stuff may be region locked to Brasil, for example I know the Wargame series is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom