• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEGGLES

How's the Long Dark? Anyone here played it? Worth 10 bucks for the early access?

I bought it. Got 4 hours of fun out of it so far. Gonna take a break from it, don't wanna "minecraft" it, and get bored of it before most of its features are even in the game haha.

It's REALLY cool though.

Bytes

Alien: Isolation looks exactly like Alien. Legitimately blown away.

True story: While I was playing the game, my wife - who doesn't play games - looked at my screen and said, "Is that an Alien game?". What's amazing about that is that I was walking around an empty area of the station at that moment, so the eponymous alien was not on screen. She was able to guess it was an Alien game simply based on the architecture design!

Even more amazing is that she has never actually sat down to watch the Alien film. She was going on what she remembers seeing in an old trailer or movie clip.

It's a testament on how great of a job the developers did in nailing that movie look.

Ventara

Cool thanks! When is the last day of the sale?

Also should I get Divinity: OS? I really enjoyed Dragon Commander...

Last day of the sale is January 2. Yes, you should get D:OS. It's amazing.

Edit: BTW, you can get it for $16 in the B/S/T thread.

Edit 2: Actually $10, factoring in the sale. That's a crazy good price.

I bought it. Got 4 hours of fun out of it so far. Gonna take a break from it, don't wanna "minecraft" it, and get bored of it before most of its features are even in the game haha.

It's REALLY cool though.

As of right now I say no. It feels very bare bones and got boring for me pretty quick.
Salt is only $10 as well and I feel it's the better game.

Cool thanks. Two very different answers haha. I'll check out some gameplay videos first but thanks though.

legit shook?

Like a halfway crook

True story: While I was playing the game, my wife - who doesn't play games - looked at my screen and said, "Is that an Alien game?". What's amazing about that is that I was walking around an empty area of the station at that moment, so the eponymous alien was not on screen. She was able to guess it was an Alien game simply based on the architecture design!

Even more amazing is that she has never actually sat down to watch the Alien film. She was going on what she remembers seeing in an old trailer or movie clip.

It's a testament on how great of a job the developers did in nailing that movie look.

They attained an incredible grasp of the design sensibilities of the original movie. From the first minute I had control I've been saying "holy shit" since

gblues

Banned
I've got about $30 in my Steam wallet. I'm torn between Shadows of Mordor, Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, or just blowing it on $1-5 games. I'm expecting one or both two go back to 50% at the end when they do the traditional last-day deal redux. Are these games worth it at $30?

Bought Transistor earlier and beat it just now. Other than the battles and art, I didn't like much else. Kind of sucks since I really enjoyed Bastion and was hoping I'd like this a lot too.

BasilZero

Bought Transistor earlier and beat it just now. Other than the battles and art, I didn't like much else. Kind of sucks since I really enjoyed Bastion and was hoping I'd like this a lot too.

What the...its THAT short?

Is Steam acting up for anyone else? I can't buy a game or look at items in my inventory.

The store itself doesnt even load anymore client wise - but the website still loads.

Sch1sm

What'd you like in Bastion over Transistor? Curious 'cause I nearly pulled the trigger and bought it earlier.

I took a chance on Enslaved Premium Edition for $5 and the FFXIII Steam code from S-E for $6 and change and both run surprisingly nicely at middling capacity on a straightforward i5-4460/integrated 4600.

Also likely to pick up $3 offerings such as Gunhound EX and Hate Plus.

What'd you like in Bastion over Transistor? Curious 'cause I nearly pulled the trigger and bought it earlier.

Aside from the combat, I liked everything else about Bastion more.

Bastion's combat worked, but I didn't think it was great. The combat is a lot more interesting in Transistor due to the strategy element involved. I've seen people say that Transistor is "also playable in real time like Bastion," but I found that it was almost always easier to use the turn system. That was a bit disappointing for me since I was hoping I wouldn't need to rely on the turn system all the time, but I ended up using it the majority of the time.

Transistor has amazing art just like Bastion though. I found the music to be all right but not as memorable as Bastion's soundtrack. Story/narration was the weakest part of the Transistor, if that matters to you.

Xamdou

Last day of the sale is January 2. Yes, you should get D:OS. It's amazing.

Edit: BTW, you can get it for $16 in the B/S/T thread.

Edit 2: Actually $10, factoring in the sale. That's a crazy good price.

Wait where can I get D:OS for for $10!?

Salsa

The Banner Saga -70%
Broken Sword 5 -66%
Dirt 3 - 75%
Prototype 2 - 75%
Deadlight -90%
Deponia The Complete Journey -80%

oddly enough these are all worth buying

already own them tho

Are Max Payne 1 and 2 Brazilian keys locked for U.S. players? I can save ~20 cents buying them individually from Nuveem (compared to the Steam bundle), just need to make sure they're not restricted.

Fuck it...bought Divinity:OS

now to wait for Arma 3 to go down ;_;

already got my paycheck...i was gonna use to to buy my books and pass next week ;_;

Talyn

Was pinball arcade on sale earlier? I thought it was, but it's not showing any discounts now.
It's been on sale for 50% off for a while, that sale ended December 28th apparently, although people are reporting you can still buy the season packs for 50% off ingame.

Haunted

No brainer for Deadlight if you like grid-based (i.e. slightly stiff and mechanical) platformers like the old PoPs, Another World or Flashback.

wait there are people who dont own dirt 3
*raises hand reluctantly*

is this the one where they included the gynkhama stuff? I was always more of a DTM Race Driver kind of guy...

edit: "Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)"

ayy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom