• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get Old Gods, Islam, Legacy of Rome, The Republic for sure.

Thanks. Unfortunately I spent 20 minutes deciding on which CK2 add-ons to get and then promptly removed them all, after again deciding that I simply don't have the free time to play such a hour-devouring game.

velcry

OMG I just realized I missed the Xcom Enemy Unknown Complete Edition.

Had been looking to purchase the DLC Enemy Within for some time, then missed it because it was a franchise deal and I was only paying attention to the Daily Deals...

WOE IS ME

Haunted

I'm not saying this is a bad game, but is this really the first game that came to mind?
I assumed familiarity with point and click adventure games on his part and immediately went to 2014 releases in my head.

If someone asks for pnc adventure recommendations because he has the itch again, I'm not going to dig into the 15+ year history of the genre. :D

dot

Naruto ...Storm 3 Full Burst for $7.5
or Revolution for $30?
or should I just wait for UNS4?

I don't own any of the older games and I'm a little torn with where I should invest my time and money. Is Revolution worth the extra monies?

I say wait. Both ports feel kinda poor. I regret getting Revolution honestly.

If you really want a Naruto game right now, get 3 since it's cheaper and it has a better and longer story mode.

Hoping Alien: Isolation becomes a daily deal again... wasn't prepared to buy it when it was a daily deal early on in the sale. Would pounce on it right now, but waiting for it to go to 50% off once again.

Also eying off Geometry Wars 3, Five Nights at Freddies 2, Rambo: The Video Game (yep I'm that guy lol).

Corpekata

Banned
Hoping Alien: Isolation becomes a daily deal again... wasn't prepared to buy it when it was a daily deal early on in the sale. Would pounce on it right now, but waiting for it to go to 50% off once again.

Also eying off Geometry Wars 3, Five Nights at Freddies 2, Rambo: The Video Game (yep I'm that guy lol).

Alien is half off at Gamestop's site currently if that's an option.

It's really pissing me off how this year more than ever they'll put a game on the front page at a huge discount, then when you look more closely, the 'real, proper' GOTY edition, which most people will want, is another $5-$10.

Sajjaja

It's really pissing me off how this year more than ever they'll put a game on the front page at a huge discount, then when you look more closely, the 'real, proper' GOTY edition, which most people will want, is another $5-$10.
Well that's up to pubs isn't it? It's how they get us.

Just as an FYI, anybody that loved the old Pen and Paper RPG Shadowrun and the SNES incarnation of the game.... go Buy Dragonfall right now.

It's basically a fully realized version of the PnP game combined with the awesome SNES game and a bit of XCOM.

IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.

Just as an FYI, anybody that loved the old Pen and Paper RPG Shadowrun and the SNES incarnation of the game.... go Buy Dragonfall right now.

It's basically a fully realized version of the PnP game combined with the awesome SNES game and a bit of XCOM.

IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.

I was going to.. Can't justify buying it without finishing Returns first though.

Glass

With £1.78 already in my steam account I just paid £1.96 for The Banner Saga today. I love Steam. Cannot wait to start playing a game as beautifully done as this.

bs.jpg

cicero

Random NewEgg.com bundle. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive + Prototype - $5.99 - Individual Steam Keys
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2104419.32-133-211

I imagine it could be sold out soon. Might want to jump on it just in case!

One more issue. If using Paypal, you will notice that you are charged and receive emails for two orders for the bundle. $5.00 for Prototype, and $.99 for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. According to their email, codes and instructions for the games should be emailed to you within the hour. I am still waiting for mine, but it is NewEgg so definitely legit.

Crossposted to the December thread as well, just in case someone isn't following both.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Good luck everyone!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stuggernaut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brothers-A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-A73F9DF23F9E284D - Taken by tauke. 20 entrants total.

t1419860797z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
I liked Prototype 2 more overall. Does a better job of delivering that "you're a badass shapeshifting monster" thing. Less annoying stealth stuff, and less frequency of throwing a dozen enemies that can stunlock you at once like in the first game.

OMG I just realized I missed the Xcom Enemy Unknown Complete Edition.

Had been looking to purchase the DLC Enemy Within for some time, then missed it because it was a franchise deal and I was only paying attention to the Daily Deals...

WOE IS ME

on the one hand: this post made me realize I missed that deal too

on the other hand: this post also made me realize how many swear words I can mutter in the span of a minute

e: though while I'm talking about games that have been on my wishlist forever, guess I should get around to buying The Banner Saga

The Banner Saga is so good I bought the android version long after I finished it so I could play it again on my phone whenever I had a spare moment. This is also true of Shadowrun.

Bought Transistor yesterday, played for 2h, and it isn't really that much fun. Worse then Bastion.

The art and soundtrack are nice, and the level system/function combinations are pretty fun. But that's about it.

*The battle system is pretty good, with a very good realtime/paus system, but they get tedious very quickly.
*Unless I'm missing something, the game's structure is completely linear, you're just being pushed forwards towards a set path, where Bastion at least gave you some choice.
*While the narrator in Bastion worked very well, this time I just want him to shut up. He's not novel, or funny, really just pretentitious.
*And while the art is nice, pretty much everything in the city looks almost the same. I have no real idea where I've been, where I am or where I'm going.

Nothing in the game is bad, but I barely feel like I want to keep playing after these 2h.

Lynfiord

Neo Member
Random NewEgg.com bundle. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive + Prototype - $5.99 - Individual Steam Keys
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2104419.32-133-211

I imagine it could be sold out soon. Might want to jump on it just in case!

One more issue. If using Paypal, you will notice that you are charged and receive emails for two orders for the bundle. $5.00 for Prototype, and $.99 for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. According to their email, codes and instructions for the games should be emailed to you within the hour. I am still waiting for mine, but it is NewEgg so definitely legit.

Crossposted to the December thread as well, just in case someone isn't following both.

Got helped thanks :)

Hupsel

Everyone buy The Banner Saga! Great RPG!

I was also disappointed with Transistor. Great art, music... but gameplay is just confusing as hell : /

MrNelson

Banned
Gaf, sell me on, (or keep me from buying for now) The Long Dark. I enjoy survival games, and it looks really promising, but being early access I'm afraid that content may be a bit lacking at the moment. I see a few reviews that have issues the the enemy ai, while I see others that praise it. $9.99 is the fringe of impulse buy for me, so if someone can get me over the edge (or get me to hold off) that would be great.

PranooY

Banner saga is only $5. Pondering if i should buy now on steam or wait for the vita version. It would be perfect on vita.
Edit: Ahh, nvm. I'm getting this.

Sarcasm

So same computer and haven't logged in for days...

You have logged into a new device so you can't trade for 7 days...

Can I still do it via chat?

Gaf, sell me on, (or keep me from buying for now) The Long Dark. I enjoy survival games, and it looks really promising, but being early access I'm afraid that content may be a bit lacking at the moment. I see a few reviews that have issues the the enemy ai, while I see others that praise it. $9.99 is the fringe of impulse buy for me, so if someone can get me over the edge (or get me to hold off) that would be great.

It does lack a lot of content. No story..sandbox with two maps. Collect and find stuff til you inevitably die. But its fun. And content should increase as stuff comes out especially story..which I think will be loads better than the sandbox mode.

ArjanN

Bought Transistor yesterday, played for 2h, and it isn't really that much fun. Worse then Bastion.

The art and soundtrack are nice, and the level system/function combinations are pretty fun. But that's about it.

*The battle system is pretty good, with a very good realtime/paus system, but they get tedious very quickly.
*Unless I'm missing something, the game's structure is completely linear, you're just being pushed forwards towards a set path, where Bastion at least gave you some choice.
*While the narrator in Bastion worked very well, this time I just want him to shut up. He's not novel, or funny, really just pretentitious.
*And while the art is nice, pretty much everything in the city looks almost the same. I have no real idea where I've been, where I am or where I'm going.

Nothing in the game is bad, but I barely feel like I want to keep playing after these 2h.

It took a while for me to click as well, but if you stick with it the combat/skill system really is a lot more dynamic and interesting than Bastion.

MrNelson

Banned
So same computer and haven't logged in for days...

You have logged into a new device so you can't trade for 7 days...

Can I still do it via chat?

It does lack a lot of content. No story..sandbox with two maps. Collect and find stuff til you inevitably die. But its fun. And content should increase as stuff comes out especially story..which I think will be loads better than the sandbox mode.
How large are the maps? I see that it says 10 Sq km, but do they actually feel that big?

Also, I just noticed that star studded VA lineup that they have listed for the story. Holy shit if that manages to work out.

autoduelist

Everyone buy The Banner Saga! Great RPG!

I was also disappointed with Transistor. Great art, music... but gameplay is just confusing as hell : /

What are you finding confusing? During combat there are two phases -- you have free move, where you can run around and position yourself. When your action bar is filled up, you can pause the game, queue up a string of actions, and run them all. There's also a way to play completely in free move, though I prefer the pause. One of the best combat systems I've seen in ages, very original, fluid while allowing for strategy. My only complaint was I found it a bit too easy at times.

Altima

Transistor
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Shovel Knight
The War of Mine

I can pick only two what should I pick ?

PS. I think I will get Shovel Knight on my PS4 but the deal is tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom