• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ok folks I have done it I now have over 1000 steam games my life is now complete. Yes I know JaseC has a billion games please don't link his profile.

fallout

Has anyone else been getting that Honda Fit ad? It opens with this really awkward scene of 3 people crawling over each other in the back of the car.

(yes, yes, I know: "what ads derp derp")

Steam has become a problem for me. I'm sitting here staring at the clock, just waiting for the new sales even though I know I'm dead broke and have no right buying more games. Is there a support group for this thing?
You're doing the equivalent of asking about Alcoholics Anonymous while waiting outside a bar to open in the morning with all the other drunks.

Sch1sm

Has anyone else been getting that Honda Fit ad? It opens with this really awkward scene of 3 people crawling over each other in the back of the car.

(yes, yes, I know: "what ads derp derp")

Yeah. That ad has very questionable visuals to start.

You're doing the equivalent of asking about Alcoholics Anonymous while waiting outside a bar to open in the morning with all the other drunks.
I find it more akin to asking your dealer for rehab advice.

As a community we can be very pushy at times. (THIS GAME IS 85% OFF, IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. BUY IT, STUPID.)

cuLFx6Z.png

Just got that. It's either today's daily deals, or Steam's gone loco.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to get Alpha Protocol, so hopefully it will be 75% off soon

Deadbeat

Banned
I cant look at my inventory anymore on steam. It just pretends to load then errors out. Its been like this since last night cant even trade cards.

I've heard really bad things about Men of War 2, anyone here play it?

Played the first one and enjoyed it for what it was. I can see people getting the wrong idea if they go in expecting a Company of Heroes experience, sure they're very similar games; but where CoH goes for polish and design, MoW goes for kicking you in the bollocks.

Smash88

Banned
Played the first one and enjoyed it for what it was. I can see people getting the wrong idea if they go in expecting a Company of Heroes experience, sure they're very similar games; but where CoH goes for polish and design, MoW goes for kicking you in the bollocks.

Thanks for the info.

Goddamnit, Mercenary Kings won fucking horseshit.

FUCK. I really wanted Luftrausers, that game looks like one of the few games I'd actually buy and play. Sigh, I guess I wait for another sale.

Miker

but alpha protocol sucks.

you are better off playing splinter cell and then a rpg without broken systems if you want that feel.

Nah mang, Alpha Protocol is the best spy RPG ever made, and its broken systems only add to its charm. Plus, its broken systems mean that you can breeze past all the combat and enjoy the story and dialogue.

I still remember when it was $2/90% off as a daily deal - not during a big sale, but just out of the blue. A good day. It's the type of deal you don't see on Steam as much.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thanks for the info.

FUCK. I really wanted Luftrausers, that game looks like one of the few games I'd actually buy and play. Sigh, I guess I wait for another sale.

Honestly though it would have only been like a dollar difference so you get a bigger discount on MK. Will still buy luftrausers

FloatOn

Nah mang, Alpha Protocol is the best spy RPG ever made, and its broken systems only add to its charm. Plus, its broken systems mean that you can breeze past all the combat and enjoy the story and dialogue.

I still remember when it was $2/90% off as a daily deal - not during a big sale, but just out of the blue. A good day. It's the type of deal you don't see on Steam as much.

yeah, I wanted to like it when I got it at that time too. cool enough concept but it just fails on so many levels.

if it had the dialogue choices of a telltale game and the combat of splinter cell with functional rpg character building it WOULD be the best game of all time. maybe.

Shahadan

After all these years I'm still unsure if Farming Simulator is great or some sort of collective internet joke

Edit : apparently I'm not alone

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Damn. Which terrible simulator game on the front page should I buy. I just can't choose.

edit - Totally buying Shadowgate though.

pahamrick

I've got Sage and Zippy holiday cards I'll trade for a Digital Deluxe copy of Blacklist.

No, seriously -- free to whomever needs them just send me a trade offer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom