• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought Divinity: Original Sin. Where is a good resource for tips that I should know before playing so I don't have to reroll my characters after playing 6 hours in?

Play with an open mind and don't worry about any of that stuff. The game will take anywhere from 50-100 hours to complete. Possibly even more. Don't bother trying to save 6 hours or wtvr. Just enjoy the game :) Its designed to be enjoyed in hundreds of ways.

This, but if you want to synergize your party, the companions you meet are a two handed sword tank, a air/water mage, a ranger, and a rogue

Freezard

Anyone offer any advice on R.U.S.E? Good value @ £5.99 and more importantly is it a good game?

I think I bought it for $5 and personally I found it to be crap. I guess I expected something more like Company of Heroes/World in Conflict but it was way more strategical.

Curious_George

Neo Member
To pick up Mercenary Kings or not? I still love the art style but I'm worried that my desire for it to be like metal slug vs it really being some sort of monster hunter thing is going to just leave me disappointed.

Also, anyone play much Don't Starve multiplayer and have an opinion on how much fun that is? I got that game during the summer sale when there was like the super cheap price mistake but haven't really spent much time with it yet. It seemed kind of tedious when I played it the couple of times I did. I was thinking it might be less so if you had companions to help collect/build.

To pick up Mercenary Kings or not? I still love the art style but I'm worried that my desire for it to be like metal slug vs it really being some sort of monster hunter thing is going to just leave me disappointed.

Also, anyone play much Don't Starve multiplayer and have an opinion on how much fun that is? I got that game during the summer sale when there was like the super cheap price mistake but haven't really spent much time with it yet. It seemed kind of tedious when I played it the couple of times I did. I was thinking it might be less so if you had companions to help collect/build.
Not recommended. Mercenary Kings had the look of a great game but the end result was very disappointing

PBalfredo

Play with an open mind and don't worry about any of that stuff. The game will take anywhere from 50-100 hours to complete. Possibly even more. Don't bother trying to save 6 hours or wtvr. Just enjoy the game :) Its designed to be enjoyed in hundreds of ways.

This, but if you want to synergize your party, the companions you meet are a two handed sword tank, a air/water mage, a ranger, and a rogue

I haven't started playing it yet to give you my own, but Kotaku put up this list of tips back when the game launched:

http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-divinity-original-sin-1601825219

You can reroll in-game about 1/3 of the way through as many times as you want.

Thanks!

chessnut

Is the price for don't starve together different if you already have the base game? The frontier pack is $5 on my account but for my friend, it's showing up as $20. I already have don't starve together, so it doesn't let me buy another copy.

xezuru

What are the chances of Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn getting a discount? has it ever gotten any?

I don't think I personally have seen FF14 on sale on any major digital platforms, supposedly 14 was 10 dollars gamestop (digital?)

http://isthereanydeal.com/ * Original Link didn't work shrug

If you're planning on getting the game and playing long term (it's a great game), I recommend setting your account to Entry (One character per server) since your character can literally be any class if you have enough time to level them up, it's all you need and it discounts your subscription from like 15->12 or something like that.

Aaron D.

After all these years I'm still unsure if Farming Simulator is great or some sort of collective internet joke

It's my GOTY 2014.

amlX6Hf.png

Can't go wrong with crowd-surfing cows.

autoduelist

I'm kind of surprised to see so many people shit on Prototype 2 all while defending Prototype 1.

Prototype 1 is a fun enough romp, you can traverse the world fast and do massive damage. It's clearly a sibling of The Incredible Hulk game, bad looking buildings and low/bad people population, but pure fun destruction.

Prototype 2 is an improved version of 1. I really like the base attacks.

Both are fun enough for what they are.

Well that's true but I can't use that as an excuse. Sleep deprivation FTL.

I know it's not what you meant, but FTL definitely can cause sleep deprivation.

Steam has become a problem for me. I'm sitting here staring at the clock, just waiting for the new sales even though I know I'm dead broke and have no right buying more games. Is there a support group for this thing?

We're all addicts.

------------------------------------

QUESTIONS:

If I was to spend $2 on Serious Sam games on sale, what should I get?

Is oes Shadowgrounds + Shadowground Survivor for $2 worth it? They appear to be iso dual stick shooters, correct?

Also -- Men of War Collector's Pack (MoW, +Vietnam, +Assault Squad +more + all dlc) for 8.99 is damn tempting. Any fans out there?

Akuosa

Is the price for don't starve together different if you already have the base game? The frontier pack is $5 on my account but for my friend, it's showing up as $20. I already have don't starve together, so it doesn't let me buy another copy.
Yes, they'll give it for free to those who have the base game when it goes out of early access, so if you already have the base game you can pay those 5$ to have it now, but it's cheaper than for someone who wont have it free in a while ;P

I don't think I personally have seen FF14 on sale on any major digital platforms, supposedly 14 was 10 dollars gamestop (digital?)

http://isthereanydeal.com/ * Original Link didn't work shrug

If you're planning on getting the game and playing long term (it's a great game), I recommend setting your account to Entry (One character per server) since your character can literally be any class if you have enough time to level them up, it's all you need and it discounts your subscription from like 15->12 or something like that.
Thanks! I played a bit on ps3, I guess I can transfer my character from there to pc right? If it doesn't go on sale I will still likely get it anyway, really enjoyed what I played.

Thanks for sending out this reminder. The hidden deals are one of the most rewarding parts of these sales. Nothing beats seeing a wish list game 80% off right out of the gate. The thread is a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom