• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really enjoying Sleeping dogs up until I was doing one of the drug busts that had gun. The police were shooting me for some reason as well as the thugs. I don't know why they are doing that and it makes finishing that mission impossible.

Was really enjoying Sleeping dogs up until I was doing one of the drug busts that had gun. The police were shooting me for some reason as well as the thugs. I don't know why they are doing that and it makes finishing that mission impossible.

Yea those are annoying early on. Best to skip those and come back to it later on, fully boosted with 2 or 3 buffs (health increase, damage reduction, etc). There should be a gun and a place for cover near an entrance to the ones with guns, and it is best to take them out slowly and methodically in cover.

drakaenae

Can't really remember how I did it, but I think i parked a bunch of cars near the entrance which slowed down the police, and made my way to the back, where I camped and killed the rest of the thugs.

Yea those are annoying early on. Best to skip those and come back to it later on, fully boosted with 2 or 3 buffs (health increase, damage reduction, etc). There should be a gun and a place for cover near an entrance to the ones with guns, and it is best to take them out slowly and methodically in cover.

I grabbed the gun, but soon as I killed 2 or 3 thugs, the police come up from behind and kill me. That's just bullshit bad game design.

If it's the drug bust I'm thinking of, it's fine. Push forward hopping cover for slow mo headshots, and when the police show, they'll take on the thugs since you'll be further away. As soon as you take out enough thugs, the mission will complete, and your wanted level should be gone. Always have some food going for health regen.

legacyzero

Banned
Man, Gang Beasts looks FUN AS FUCK!

Sadly I don't have enough in my Steam Wallet to buy it :(

I knew yesterday's sales were going to break me LOL

I'd assume because it's harder (thus making it more costly) to make map where destruction makes sense, without breaking scripted sequences.
Sense as in there aren't some random indestructible buildings, because related to story, which can also cause limitations in story telling.

As cool as they sound, they aren't really suitable for every game.
Every game should still adapt and use it. Dynamically creaky buildings are a revolution.

Don't you dare try to reason with me - just accept the truth.
Doesn't Armageddon use the same physics system as Guerrilla? The main issue I had with Armageddon was the way it constricted almost everything into dark, monotonous caves.
I think so.

Having played through Armageddon before Guerrilla, it's easy to miss what's so fun and special about the latter. Armageddon absolutely butchers the dynamic destruction by forcing it into scripted progression through the story, instead of allowing open world mayhem.

Can anyone explain to me how ubisoft games work on steam? Does it matter if you pickup steam copy vs uplay copy? You still need uplay to be able to play?

Gruso

Can anyone explain to me how ubisoft games work on steam? Does it matter if you pickup steam copy vs uplay copy? You still need uplay to be able to play?
If they require Uplay, they will launch Uplay when you launch the game from Steam. Or you can just open Uplay and launch from there. I won't buy them personally.

Not all Ubi games have this requirement. Make sure you're browsing the Steam store via web and using Enhanced Steam, and it will tell you if Uplay is required.

If launching the game (Blacklist) from within Steam big picture mode, does the uplay launcher require mouse/keyboard first time (or everytime)? After quitting the game, are you placed back in big picture mode?

Corpekata

Banned
If launching the game (Blacklist) from within Steam big picture mode, does the uplay launcher require mouse/keyboard first time (or everytime)? After quitting the game, are you placed back in big picture mode?

Generally Ubi games when launched will and a controller plugged in will launch Uplay and have the game with a big "A" to play header. Not sure about closing it.

And patching / first launch might also be problematic. But launching it generally should not be an issue.

Volcynika

For the lazy:

• Alice: Madness Returns 75% off
  • Tales from the Borderlands 25% off
  • Magic 2015 Garruk's Revenge -The Expansion- 50% off
  • Minimum 70% off
  • Reus 80% off
  • Mafia II 75% off

chixdiggit

This War of Mine is truly great. So glad I purchased it. This is the only game that has made me make choices that I would make in real life situations instead of choices I feel would be simply best to win the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Generally Ubi games when launched will and a controller plugged in will launch Uplay and have the game with a big "A" to play header. Not sure about closing it.

And patching / first launch might also be problematic. But launching it generally should not be an issue.

Steam handles game patching. At worst the Uplay client may be need to download an update for itself.

ExoSoul

Banned
This sale has been fantastic. I bought way more than I expected to and this is my third year with the sales.
The sheer number in rotation makes it severely lacking compared to the two previous years, one could argue that the last chance cycle in the last days would balance it out but I still feel like this sale just had fewer games overall.

For the lazy:

• Alice: Madness Returns 75% off
  • Tales from the Borderlands 25% off
  • Magic 2015 Garruk's Revenge -The Expansion- 50% off
  • Minimum 70% off
  • Reus 80% off
  • Mafia II 75% off

39% user rating for Magic 2015. I'm so glad I finally listened to myself after being so let down by Magic 2013 and Magic 2014.

Card Boy

Banned
39% user rating for Magic 2015. I'm so glad I finally listened to myself after being so let down by Magic 2013 and Magic 2014.

I did the stupid thing and bought the Complete Collection. I am a TCG/CCG tard, it's in my blood. I will probably blindly buy Magic 2016. It wasnt as bad cause i bought it from Dunder at a discounted price back in June/July.

The sheer number in rotation makes it severely lacking compared to the two previous years, one could argue that the last chance cycle in the last days would balance it out but I still feel like this sale just had fewer games overall.

The number in rotation isn't as much smaller as it seems considering there have been no repeats this time around. In previous sales we would see a game show up in a flash sale and a community sale and maybe even a daily also. There has been none of that this time.

Helmholtz

Played about an hour of Wolfenstein, seems pretty good so far. Only issue I've run into is the cutscenes seem kind of choppy and the audio becomes out of sync. Anyone know a fix for this?

Ark

Tell me about Mafia 2... Worth it?

I finished it a couple of days ago, thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldn't put it down tbh, the story and characters are fantastic and I really hope they make a Mafia 3.

Just about to pick up Tales from the Borderlands and then this sale will be done for me.

Jirotrom

I finished it a couple of days ago, thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldn't put it down tbh, the story and characters are fantastic and I really hope they make a Mafia 3.

Just about to pick up Tales from the Borderlands and then this sale will be done for me.
Is the dlc worth it?
Many thanks for the response btw.

Home

How many more days of new sales? They do the wrap up of the most popular ones on the 1st? or the 2nd?

Still hoping The Fall goes on sale but it is 50% off hmm...

Man, I finished Shadowrun Returns in 11 or so hours and that was fantastic from start to finish. Best $1.99 spent on a game ever. :D If Dragonfall is actually better...

I really dug the Tales from the Borderlands first episode-if you have an interest in the franchise and dig the setting, it's really well done. I think it might be better on a tablet where the fact that you are consuming passive entertainment is better (the game isn't super interactive, calling it an adventure game is a stretch), but if you just have a PC it's OK.

Certainly made a cross-country flight over the holidays a lot more bearable for me.

Really loving This War of Mine.

Lost one of my group members and damn that was sad :'( I took revenge a few days later and murdered the people who did it. One of them begged for his life but I was full of rage. Their supplies really helped.

But she's still dead...

Think I'm going to have to update my GOTY list and add This War of Mine.

To the Dark Side turned Anakin Enco has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom