• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

velcry

How many more days of new sales? They do the wrap up of the most popular ones on the 1st? or the 2nd?

Still hoping The Fall goes on sale but it is 50% off hmm...

I hope they do a recap of the most popular deals. I know I've certainly missed some of them - though if I recall correctly, there have been a couple of Steam sales where they did not have any recap of sales at the end.

I don't think there's any definite word on whether this will happen this time around!

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Still no deals on Child of Light and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, thanks Volvo.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I have bought so much this year, but after reading the patch notes for BG2:EE, I may have to buy that for like, the 8th time.

Sajjaja

Man, I finished Shadowrun Returns in 11 or so hours and that was fantastic from start to finish. Best $1.99 spent on a game ever. :D If Dragonfall is actually better...

I've played 7 hours since I bought it. It's pretty great. Worth the purchase and I can't wait for Dragonfall.

Card Boy

Banned
I have being sitting on Torchlight 2 for like 2 years and finally decided to clock it. It turned out i only had ½ an hour left lol.

Card Boy

Banned
fjBiL.png

I can recommended the RACE games. 2 of those 7 games also have Steam cards.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gaz Pwnage, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race On -- MB-A218EBC58EDBACBC - Taken by autoduelist. 3 entrants total.
Race Injection -- MB-A7F1E7839B3D50D5 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-A986FC7C01A819E7 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
RACE Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-0ADFAAF3E58514B3 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 2 entrants total.

t1419942343z1.png

Enjoy

I have being sitting on Torchlight 2 for like 2 years and finally decided to clock it. It turned out i only had ½ an hour left lol.

The game ends rather abruptly, it's all anticlimactic really.. The whole story just doesn't work out at all..

But the gameplay and looting is good :) I clocked 27 hours to finish it doing every side quest (Lvl 57 Embermage at game end) but I really don't feel like going back for a second run or a New Game+..

It's fun while it lasts.

Meh, seems like I'll pass. Played through a couple of R&C games and they never really impressed me that much.

Its also got great story, amazing art style, fantastic sound, and the best use of PhysX in a PC game to date. Alice is a great game, its only problem is its levels are over long. Seriously for that price its so worth it. My GOTY in 2011

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gaz Pwnage, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gaz Pwnage, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race On -- MB-A218EBC58EDBACBC - Taken by autoduelist. 3 entrants total.
Race Injection -- MB-A7F1E7839B3D50D5 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-A986FC7C01A819E7 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
RACE Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-0ADFAAF3E58514B3 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 2 entrants total.

t1419942343z1.png

kottila

What's the best lan-game? Payday 2 or zomboid project?

My friend is borrowing one of my pc's. If both of us own the game, will he be able to start playing immediately if I install it on my account ahead or does he need to install it as well?

NeoCross

How are the Mount and Blade games? I've always been interested in trying them and now that M&B Warband is on sale I'm thinking about buying it.

Enco

To the Dark Side turned Anakin Enco has.
Sigh... another of my favorite group members has died. Shot by army deserters... All because I didn't want to rob innocent people. Guess that's my destination tomorrow night.

What a shame.

feelsbadman

How are the Mount and Blade games? I've always been interested in trying them and now that M&B Warband is on sale I'm thinking about buying it.
Warband multiplayer is amazing. So fun and lots of hilarious moments.

Singleplayer is amazing for a few hours but pretty much all missions, towns and characters are generic copy and pastes. The concept and scope is awesome though.

They are fun and there are lots of mods for it too. Not graphically/aesthetically pleasing but the gameplay/concept is good and there really isn't any other game with the same concept. The modding scene is huge though so there's a lot of good stuff out there. The DLC is not bad either, I believe the Viking one just came out recently (haven't played it though).

They are making a new Mount and Blade game called Bannerlord which looks a lot better graphically. Here's one of the videos demonstrating the engine which is a huge improvement over the past one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO5sbziqjM

cicero

Thanks for the heads up. These have also just had large price reductions as well.

Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition - $5.57 (14.99 BR)
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1269-europa-universalis-iv-digital-extreme-edition

Europa Universalis IV DLC Collection (Includes all DLC from Launch to September 2014 except an e-book and some alt history pack) - $8.54 (22.99 BR)
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2442-europa-universalis-iv-dlc-collection

For those wondering what you get with those, I bought the Extreme Edition, which was about $.50 more on Nuuvem than the base game, and the DLC Collection, and this is the DLC that I see I own based on the Steam store.

Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Europa Universalis IV: Muslims Ships Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Trade Nations Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: American Dream
Europa Universalis IV: National Monuments II
Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Europa Universalis IV: Conquistadors Unit pack
Europa Universalis IV: Native Americans Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Songs of the New World
Europa Universalis IV: Native Americans II Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Colonial British and French Unit pack
Europa Universalis IV: Muslim Advisor Portraits
Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Europa Universalis IV: Indian Subcontinent Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Indian Ships Unit Pack
Europa Universalis IV: Republican Music Pack

Oh. As for me, my Nuuvem experience has been fantastic. I wish I had done this for Black Friday. All I did was set up my Nuuvem account first, then I logged in and made my initial order afterwards. Some people seem to be having problems setting up an account WHILE making their initial order. I used Paypal and had no order issues whatsoever or any issues activating my keys. No VPN has been necessary. HUZZAH! Just make sure that no warning about a region lock is on the product page of the games you want.

Ventara

Sigh... another of my favorite group members has died. Shot by army deserters... All because I didn't want to rob innocent people. Guess that's my destination tomorrow night.

What a shame.

feelsbadman

I'm so tempted to pick this up. It sounds so unique and interesting.

Also, you sound evil. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

Dambrosi

Banned
Third-person platformer. It's similar to Ratcher & Clank/Crash/Sly Cooper but slower, longer, tedious puzzles and worse combat.

Its also got great story, amazing art style, fantastic sound, and the best use of PhysX in a PC game to date. Alice is a great game, its only problem is its levels are over long. Seriously for that price its so worth it. My GOTY in 2011

And 10 times more interesting aesthetics :p
Yeah, and the combat isn't even that bad. It's no DMC, that's true - it ain't even DmC - but it's perfectly serviceable third-person multi-weapon fighting.

Plus, you can get all the in-game DLC for free by changing a single word in the .ini file.

Yeah, i'd say it's worth getting. :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and the combat isn't even that bad. It's no DMC, that's true - it ain't even DmC - but it's perfectly serviceable third-person multi-weapon fighting.

Plus, you can get all the in-game DLC for free by changing a single word in the .ini file.

Yeah, i'd say it's worth getting. :p

And here I thought you were talking about Marlow Briggs. What a good-ass game.

I'm two missions away from clearing Valkyria Chronicles and I know that's going to leave a huge hole in my soul...

And I'm not sure I want to go back to FFXIII yet. I ended up buying X-COM, will that keep a similar style to Valkyria? (Minus the animu waifu squads and the god damn turn limit of course.)

Zeth

I'm two missions away from clearing Valkyria Chronicles and I know that's going to leave a huge hole in my soul...

And I'm not sure I want to go back to FFXIII yet. I ended up buying X-COM, will that keep a similar style to Valkyria? (Minus the animu waifu squads and the god damn turn limit of course.)
Oh man- can't recommend XCOM enough. I'm in the same situation as you, only in reverse. I'm trying to pull myself away from my 60+ hour XCOM Long War campaign to get into Valkyria, where I've only just made it to base camp/squad management stuff. I think they share a lot in common if you're a strategy minded person. XCOM is the gift that keeps on giving and Enemy Unknown is a great expansion and improvement to the base game. Long War is a ridiculous mod if you end up liking what you play.

hohoXD123

Doesn't the game have two sequels?

Dambrosi

Banned
And here I thought you were talking about Marlow Briggs. What a good-ass game.
I have indeed heard of that one-dollar game's brilliance. I really should get around to playing it.

Hey, Mogwai. Buy Marlow Briggs And The Mask Of Death too, if you haven't already. It's cool.

Doesn't the game have two sequels?
Yes...on PSP. And don't play VC2, it's generic high school crap.

*Unless you're talking about FFXIII, and I wouldn't play them, either. :p

Enco

I'm so tempted to pick this up. It sounds so unique and interesting.

Also, you sound evil. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
Gotta do what you gotta do.

It's either that or my group dies. Can't lose any more people. I visited the house and got some good supplies. I even came back a few days later for more. Was tough but I had to do it for meds and food.

Not sure how randomised the game is so I'll try to limit details.

The biggest surprise for me was how brutal it is when a group member dies. The animations aren't out of this world but they work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom