• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought Wolfenstein. Based on the size of this download, it's going to be my 2015 game of the year.

I REALLY want to buy gang beasts, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to get my friends to play it with me.

Sigh... another of my favorite group members has died. Shot by army deserters... All because I didn't want to rob innocent people. Guess that's my destination tomorrow night.

What a shame.

feelsbadman

:( manly hug?

The game does sound pretty damn awesome though :). If it's anything like the Walking Dead where it puts the player in no win moral dilemmas then it's going to be quite some game. I look forward to feeling thoroughly :'( when I get round to playing it.

chixdiggit

How's Minimum? Looks like quite fun, but not sure about how active is the community.

I'm interested to know this as well. It visually looks very appealing.

It's surprisingly pretty fun for the price. Has some fresh ideas. It always seems to have people playing it whenever I log on. Enhanced Steam says that 441 people are playing this Tuesday morning.

Is Reus any good?

It's good in a relaxing way. It's a cool concept of controlling different gods. It really didn't hold my attention very long though.

I remember looking at Minimum a while back and a lot of the reviews seemed pretty negative because a lot of people disliked the MoBA "style" of falling behind and not being able to catch up. Maybe that's changed.

Uthred

Apparently I'm also not worthy of the name, what's with all the typos today?

2 does some interesting stuff mechanically and 3 is fairly decent all around, considering the iterative nature of videogame sequels I think theyre worthy enough. Though I'd have a first born child just to sacrifice it for a "proper" sequel on console/pc.

Grief.exe

Is there somebody that can buy me the Brothers in Arms Pack from Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1847/
I can't even open the store page from Germany. It contains all three parts right?
"Earned in Blood", "Road to Hill 30", "Hells Highway"

Will I be able to redeem the Gift/Key in Germany?

I've been waiting patiently for a Brothers in Arms sale.

Really, a classic Ubisoft sale. I wouldn't mind grabbing Beyond Good and Evil or The Prince of Persia games.

15 minutes is all it took for me to know that I'm going to love Marlow Briggs. It's so RIDICULOUS but also plays very well! I like it a lot, an absolute steal at 99 cents.

Get it!

Deadbeat

Banned
I'm getting kinda impatient waiting for Skyrim's price to drop further. But I'm sure I'll regret an impulse buy.
The lowest it will ever go is 5 dollars for vanilla, dont know for goty (66% off is the most ive seen). They purposely make the goty more discounted than buying all the dlc separate for vanilla to force vanilla owners to buy the goty outright.

hohoXD123

If you're playing Valkyria Chronicles on your laptop which has a dedicated nvidia and an integrated card, you may want to look at this. Found it strange how the game was running so poorly for me despite being able to run more demanding games just fine.

XShagrath

How many more days of new sales? They do the wrap up of the most popular ones on the 1st? or the 2nd?

Still hoping The Fall goes on sale but it is 50% off hmm...
It says right at the top of the Steam page. "Now until Jan. 2nd 10am pst"

That means that the last dailies will be on Jan 1 and the last flashes will be at 1am on the 2nd. At 10am pst on Jan. 2nd, everything goes back to normal prices.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I remember looking at Minimum a while back and a lot of the reviews seemed pretty negative because a lot of people disliked the MoBA "style" of falling behind and not being able to catch up. Maybe that's changed.
The MOBA elements seem really light, which is for the better, because the shooting is way more fun.

hitgirl

Money is really tight right now and I have a big backlog preventing me from playing anything new until about the end of January. Should I pick up Wolfenstein now or do you guys think it will go lower early next year?

Bytes

It was featured as a daily a while ago, IIRC.

I recall being annoyed that the DLC wasn't discounted very much
YET AGAIN.

We should just resign ourselves to the fact that Skyrim's DLC will never be discounted in a way that makes it cheaper to buy over the Legendary Edition. That's why I finally gave up and bought the Legendary Edition on sale last week and with a coupon code at GMG for about $10.

Are we simulating all of reality now? Farming Simulator, Flight Simulator, Airport Simulator, Train Simulator, Woodcutter Simulator, Oil Platform Simulator, Road Works Simulator. LOL.

VjPqzQv.jpg

Avinexus

Are we simulating all of reality now? Farming Simulator, Flight Simulator, Airport Simulator, Train Simulator, Woodcutter Simulator, Oil Platform Simulator, Road Works Simulator. LOL.

I don't know the gameplay in that construction simulator game, but it seems like one of the more logical sim games as there is all kinds of large construction equipment they can allow people to drive/operate.

Lomax

It says right at the top of the Steam page. "Now until Jan. 2nd 10am pst"

That means that the last dailies will be on Jan 1 and the last flashes will be at 1am on the 2nd. At 10am pst on Jan. 2nd, everything goes back to normal prices.

True, but some sales the last "real" sale day is the encore, and some sales the encore runs longer than the main sale. And this sale ends on a Friday, which has never happened before, so I suspect we may get an entire encore weekend. But the catalog sale ends on the 2nd for sure.

Buy Alice you fools... one of the best game ever made in art and art direction. It's gorgeous.

True, but some sales the last "real" sale day is the encore, and some sales the encore runs longer than the main sale. And this sale ends on a Friday, which has never happened before, so I suspect we may get an entire encore weekend. But the catalog sale ends on the 2nd for sure.

So I'm going to assume that people might complain when the sale ends at the exact time Valve said it would?

Aaron D.

Sims kick ass.

Well the good ones do, anyway. Which is about 5% of the market.

The bad ones even have a strange MST3K charm about them, but only if they're on the cheap. And even then only in short doses.

Sims kick ass.

Well the good ones do, anyway. Which is about 5% of the market.

The bad ones even have a strange MST3K charm about them, but only if they're on the cheap. And even then only in short doses.

I saw the construction simulator on the sale page and thought what the hell! But even 5 bucks I'm doing some hand wringing.

XShagrath

You can bet on that.

I've only been following Steam sales for the past two years, but every one that I can remember ends exactly when it says it will end, and then encore is the last day (the 1st this time around).

Nabs

Lethal League is my GOTY. Give it a look if you're into super fun multiplayer games.

I'd write up more, but I'm too tired to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom