• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

The potential community choice discounts are weak. You'd be paying almost twice as much for Hatoful Boyfriend compared to the recent GMG discount, and paying the same price for KRZ from Steam that it was on sale for over a year ago (a price it's been multiple times since) Voted for Gettysburg, since that would be the lowest price it has been.

Enco

The Forest for 10? Yay or nay?
I've only played for 1 hour and a bit but you can tell it's early access. It's pretty intense but I probably won't play it again for a while. The idea is cool but there wasn't enough to hold my attention.

Oh and graphics look nothing like the trailers showed for the most part. At night in thick jungle it looks good but day time with clear vision it's pretty ugly.

edit: Although it is pretty cheap and will (hopefully) get better with time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-67CC2CA56E5FCA2D - Taken by Macheezmo

Ultimate general Gettysburg is from the guy who made Darth Mod for Total War series, I'm very interested in seeing what he came up with.

People seemed really into it when Sony announced it for the PS4 at psx so at last the game will still be supported well I think. Havent heard much about its early access progress.

I've only played for 1 hour and a bit but you can tell it's early access. It's pretty intense but I probably won't play it again for a while. The idea is cool but there wasn't enough to hold my attention.

Oh and graphics look nothing like the trailers showed for the most part. At night in thick jungle it looks good but day time with clear vision it's pretty ugly.

edit: Although it is pretty cheap and will (hopefully) get better with time.

Cool. Thanks! I'll think about it with me most likely buying it haha.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I bought Witcher 2 for $3 once, played an hour and regretted my decision. Also all featured sales should be at least 50%.
They used to be. Steam sales have gone to shit. Two or three years ago and this event was the shit, but now it's awful. You can routinely find better prices on GMG or Amazon.

Macheezmo

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-67CC2CA56E5FCA2D - Taken by Macheezmo

Chaos Domain huh? From the reviews it doesn't really look like I'm really a winner here, but it was free, so I'm still gonna play it.

Alright, snagged The Witcher (1) Enhanced Edition. At the very least I have it for collection /completionist purposes even if I don't get around to playing it for awhile >.>

It doesn't carry over to TW2 like Mass Effect saves do does it? Or how does that work?

Lanark

How good is Wasteland 2 now? At launch I read a decent amount of impressions suggesting the game was quite buggy, and some other issues as well (balance between weapons). How much is this fixed? The game looks really cool, but I'm wondering if I should wait till the next sale to buy it cheaper and in a better state.

Dammit. Well, hopefully it'll come back for an encore sale.

So far, most of the games I wanted to pick up were cheaper in the Autumn sale (Endless Legend, Shogun 2).

According to isthereanydeal, Endless Legend was at lowest recorded at this sale price too @ 50% off.

I've already got over 20 hours out of it since buying it this sale. (Albeit a lot of that was loading in and deciding I didn't like the start location :/). Enjoyable game that I'd recommend to anyone who likes the TBS/4X genre.

Alright, snagged The Witcher (1) Enhanced Edition. At the very least I have it for collection /completionist purposes even if I don't get around to playing it for awhile >.>

It doesn't carry over to TW2 like Mass Effect saves do does it? Or how does that work?
You can import your Witcher 1 saves into Witcher 2, but it only gives you some better starting equipment (an armor and a sword or two), if I remember correctly. Not sure if it changes anything meaningful storywise.

You can import your Witcher 1 saves into Witcher 2, but it only gives you some better starting equipment (an armor and a sword or two), if I remember correctly. Not sure if it changes anything meaningful storywise.

It changes plenty storywise, but not in a way that plays out in game beyond a line or two. If you're the type of person that really roleplays and cares about the world state, it can have an effect, and maybe will play out in Witcher 3. If you only care about the things presented to you in game, it's pretty meaningless to worry about.

Witcher spoilers, don't click
The fate of Adda is important in a political sense in Witcher 2, and maybe she will have a cameo in 3 since we know Novigrad plays a big role.

The Witcher 1 is decisive, but I struggle to think of a person who wouldn't get at least $1.50's value out of the game.

I think it's a roleplaying thing again. The games have flaws, there's no doubt about it, but they are among my favorite due to them being quality roleplaying games and everything positive that comes with that (story, world, characters, dialog). The gameplay doesn't click with certain people.

How good is Wasteland 2 now? At launch I read a decent amount of impressions suggesting the game was quite buggy, and some other issues as well (balance between weapons). How much is this fixed? The game looks really cool, but I'm wondering if I should wait till the next sale to buy it cheaper and in a better state.

It's been patched numerous time, with really good post-launch support. I haven't played that far into it myself so I don't know how it is, but it's safe to say that it's as good as it will get now.

Can I use a PS4 controller on the PC with Witcher 2? It says partial controller support. Audiosurf supposedly had controller support, but I can only get the touchpad on the dualshock 4 to work at all in that one.

They used to be. Steam sales have gone to shit. Two or three years ago and this event was the shit, but now it's awful. You can routinely find better prices on GMG or Amazon.

It's not that the sales suck persay but that everyone else has caught up. Greenman Gaming, Amazon, Good Old Games, and others have really made the field much more competitive.

_woLf

Square gave out a 50% voucher for XIII-2 in their Christmas Surprise bundle thing, someone might have a spare code

Aren't those EU only? If they are I'm not sure it'd work for me. If it would and anyone has a spare they don't want, I'd definitely appreciate it though.

Nabs

Can I use a PS4 controller on the PC with Witcher 2? It says partial controller support. Audiosurf supposedly had controller support, but I can only get the touchpad on the dualshock 4 to work at all in that one.

It says Partial because it has a launcher at start. If your DS4 is set up properly, then it'll work fine in-game. It's got perfect 360 controller support.

cicero

nah everyone should vote for hatoful boyfriend :p

Despite the fact that it was $2 just a couple of days ago on GMG?... They should vote for a quality game that has never been on discount before. You are the kind of voter people complain about when Community votes go bad. :p

Colin.

Square gave out a 50% voucher for XIII-2 in their Christmas Surprise bundle thing, someone might have a spare code

You reminded me, I still have one that I have no intention of using. Expires tomorrow at midnight, so if anyone wants mine, let me know. I think they can only be used on the European SE site, but I'm not sure.

I ordered a PC for divinity:OS, can't wait to get it tomorrow and this steam sale is letting me pick up the other games i want for cheap!
Has Total War: Shogun 2 or the legend of grimlock 2 been on sale yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom