• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

The russian division of Rockstar games posted this :
10906118_10152565189026592_1290977532784469860_n.jpg

Seems fake to me.

8600GT was what my circa-2008 midrange laptop had. Not happening. And agreed that I can't see the minimum VRAM requirements being less than 1GB.

akira28

Wasteland 2 is fun, but it's not easy. A fucking. frog. tore my face a new asshole. I was like, 'oh, look, cute mutant froggie sitting on top of some machine guns and ammo I wanted to rummage through...'

combat text: mutant toad uses
tongue lash
for...30 dmg...70dmg..140dmg.

mortally wounding 4/5 in the party including anyone with any medic training, leaving my little thief girl to try to escape with their corpses, just so we can have a proper burial.

madjoki

Assuming PC has "old gen mode" (this was referenced on leaked changelogs on PS4-version), it may not be that far from truth.

Old gen has what, 256 MB of VRAM?

Edit: Well, that XP support thought is bit suspicous

yuraya

I'm a bit tempted to pick up FFXIII even though I've never played a Final Fantasy game and the last JRPG I played was Earthbound.

You can't go wrong with it for $7.99.

Its a solid game and there is like 60+ hours of content in it. Choice of Japanese or English audio. And a damn good combat system. The download size for it is enormous tho = 50GB, so beware.

Mash83

I really enjoyed Shadowfall and Divinity:OS was probably my GOTY this year. Should I get Wasteland 2? Its been on my radar but I dont know very much about it.

City 17

Deep in your heart you know you have to buy it. Yay.

Wasteland 2 is fun, but it's not easy. A fucking. frog. tore my face a new asshole. I was like, 'oh, look, cute mutant froggie sitting on top of some machine guns and ammo I wanted to rummage through...'

combat text: mutant toad uses
tongue lash
for...30 dmg...70dmg..140dmg.

mortally wounding 4/5 in the party including anyone with any medic training, leaving my little thief girl to try to escape with their corpses, just so we can have a proper burial.

It is definitely worth the money even at full price.

If you have even the slightest interest in cRPGs, then WL2 is a no-brainer.

Thank you.
You gave me no choice though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I bit on FFXIII from SE's store instead of holding out for Steam, and XIII-2 not having a bigger discount means I can just hold off until the next sale. Now fix your game SE.

Would buy Child of Light. But Uplay.

Corpekata

Banned
Wasteland 2 is only really hard at the start of the game since you can't hit for shit. Once you're past the initial 1st big quest it becomes a lot more manageable.

Enco

Sneaking through a building full of enemies and stealing their food in This War of Mine is one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had recently.

Damn it's scary. Knowing you'll be killed for good if you're caught is crazy.

Videospel

8600GT was what my circa-2008 midrange laptop had. Not happening. And agreed that I can't see the minimum VRAM requirements being less than 1GB.

Do you mean 8600M GT? The laptop version is weaker (only equal in name to the desktop version iirc). And since the 8600GT can play GTA IV it doesn't seem too far fetched.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Wasteland 2 is only really hard at the start of the game since you can't hit for shit. Once you're past the initial 1st big quest it becomes a lot more manageable.

The end game when you're level 30+ you should be pretty OP. Everyone said don't go SMG or shotguns because they're useless. When you're level 10 and have the top-tier of a weap anything is lethal.

Tizoc

Metal Slug 3 the one with the elephant slugs?

and Ostrich Slugs!
To reach them, be in Stage 3/4 (starts underwater), eventually you'll reach a blockade, destroy it, when you reach the 2nd blockade blocking your path, wait and a 'portal'/tube will show up in the upper right. Enter it and you'll be in a land path wher eyou ride the ostriches

Yes, kinda. In the ice level.

There isn't exactly an ice level; there is an alt. path you can take in stage 2 which leads to a cave. This cave has the elephant slug but you only use it in there, that path is odd and personally serves very little purpose IMO; you just take it to GET the elephant slug, ride it all the way back and then...get off it to go face the stage boss. It's more of a novely than anything because the main regular path seems much easier imo.

Dingotech

Tried a few games from the sale/modbot -

Hero Seige - This one is quite fun! The way you level up and keep your stats across playthroughs meant I could get a bit further each time and the random levels and enemies kept it interesting. I could do without the silly voice overs from your character... Overall would play again.

One Way Heroics - This one I've only played for 10 minutes and I must say I don't get it... First it loads in a minature window where you can barely see your character, and then it never even bothers to teach you about how to play the game. It just dumps you in and kills you immediately when you don't realise that the screen is rolling across to wipe you out.... I played it twice more and I must say I think I'm done with it.

Sneaking through a building full of enemies and stealing their food in This War of Mine is one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had recently.

Damn it's scary. Knowing you'll be killed for good if you're caught is crazy.

I love it when games put more pressure on you, but not unfair pressure like older games did.

As much I would love to buy Wasteland 2 right now I don't think I would be able to justify the purchase considering I have other games I am playing right now. Currently playing Shadowrun Returns and Nier. Once I finish Returns I will more likely start Dragonfall.

Hmm, someone on my friends list gifted me Nidhogg man this game is fucking cool.

If you guys want a stylish fencing simulator with Atari graphics, buy it. It's pretty great.

Wasteland 2 is insanely hard like...f-zero GX on hard hard. I played on easy and the first rabbit killed 3 of my members before he died.

So basically this happened:
killer_rabbit_gif_by_renjikuchiki1-d3fjdsm.gif

Did you RUN AWAAAAY?

I'm interested in WL2, but curious at the price disparity compared to the Shadowrun games. Does WL2 have a ton more content, better production values, or what justifies the difference in price?

Hot damn, I thought this sale was a cheap one for me. But I've still managed to spend £30.

So far I've got:

• South Park Stick of Truth
  • Papers, Please
  • Outlast and DLC
  • Super Time Force
  • Transistor
  • Shovel Knight

I suppose in previous sales, I've bought older titles that have had bigger discounts. No regrets.

Axass

I'm a bit tempted to pick up FFXIII even though I've never played a Final Fantasy game and the last JRPG I played was Earthbound.

You've never played a JRPG since Earthbound eh? Why XIII then? Buy FFVII and/or FFVIII instead, they're both much better JRPGs and much better games in general IMO. FFXIII is one of the worst entries in the main series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom