• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

City 17

I admire the self-restraint shown by you and others in this thread.
steam_list_1.png

I spent 170$+, should I feel bad?

sheaaaa

My advice.

Get the collection.

BoS87.png

Ignore that TAGES warning, it's only on Jack the Ripper and the previous publisher never updated the store page. (it doesn't have TAGES).

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes had terrible character models but was otherwise good, it's worth picking up if your a PnC nutter like me. Haven't played Crimes and Punishments but it looks amazing.

Awesome, thanks very much.

jrcbandit

Guy, you need to vote for Hatoful Boyfriend !!

It was a crappy game. I paid $2.00 for it from GMG when it was on sale and feel like I was ripped off. I thought it would be a full fledged parody of visual novel games, but instead it was a typical visual novel dating sim except the boys are replaced with birds and it felt very amateurish.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=954895.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Drift -- MB-B10CF5174F9E8AE0 - Taken by ThoughtsOfSpeaking. 4 entrants total.

t1420001863z1.png

Just played through Tales from the Borderlands wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it but I loved it definitely recommend picking it up while it's on sale (coming from someone who hates the Borderlands series)

Card Boy

Banned
For AusGAF (and EU GAF)

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/176292

Battlestations Pacific
Battlestation Midway
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director´s Cut
Deus Ex: GOTYE
Deus Ex: The Fall
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman: Absolution Elite Edition
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman 3: Contracts
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Just Cause 2 DLC Collection
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
Kane & Lynch 2 DLC Alliance Weapon Pack
Kane & Lynch 2 DLC Multiplayer Masks Pack
Kane & Lynch 2 DLC The Doggie Bag
Lara Croft Guardian of light
Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC All the Trappings - Challenge Pack 1
Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3
Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Raziel and Kain Character Pack
Lara Croft Guardian of Light DLC Things that Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Laracroft
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider VII: Legend
Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
Tomb Raider GOTY (2013)
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Nosgoth Veteran Pack
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
THIEF - Master Thief Edition
Thief: The Dark Project / GOLD Edition
Thief II: The Metal Age
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Thief: Booster Bundle

Total $31.99AUD

Altima

It was a crappy game. I paid $2.00 for it from GMG when it was on sale and feel like I was ripped off. I thought it would be a full fledged parody of visual novel games, but instead it was a typical visual novel dating sim except the boys are replaced with birds and it felt very amateurish.

What a disappointment :/

This game is not gonna win the vote anyway.

Jintor

Did you get far enough for the really really weird shit to kick in?

jrcbandit

Did you get far enough for the really really weird shit to kick in?

Not really. The strange thing to me was that the protagonist lives in a cave or something. But otherwise it seemed like the typical only be affectionate to one person to get their ending type of game. I think there is a secret game mode that is supposed to be weird?

Hey guys, was playing Skyrim and
I was going to the Throat of the world to meet Parathuux or whatever his name was and isn't there. I tried waiting for a while but he doesn't show up.
How can I fix this?

autoduelist

Gettysburg looks seriously awesome.

My advice.

Get the collection.

BoS87.png

I so want this, but I still haven't even played the one I have for PS3 (I assume they all play similarly).

I just went through my Steam collection and installed all my 'want to play asap' games. There are like 20, and that's after I stripped some from my list. Why the hell am I buying games?

Miletius

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Miletius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-F9BC5748CABF8575 - Taken by Axass. 160 entrants total.

t1420080856z1.png

Happy holidays, GAF. Figure I'll do my part and giveaway a great game. 24 hours also gives you enough time to get it even if you don't win.

Just a small request, but please don't enter if you don't plan on playing this game, as I'll be sad if it sits in somebody's backlog. Games like this deserve to be played!

Watevaman

Is ARMA III any good?

Haven't played the first two so any opinions would be helpful!

Cheers.

It's great if you like realistic military simulations. It's also got a great editor to play around in. I pretty much used 2 and 3 just for the editor and even then I didn't set up complex scenarios, just fun things to do like snipe enemies from 1+ mile.

chixdiggit

Happy holidays, GAF. Figure I'll do my part and giveaway a great game. Just a small request, but please don't enter if you don't plan on playing this game, as I'll be sad if it sits in somebody's backlog. Games like this deserve to be played!

Awesome giveaway.
I am so on the ropes about this one. The trailer is so appealing to me but I am so over my budget already. I really wish I could play the first couple of hours before deciding to put down the money for it.

I've never seen anyone misrepresent it as this.

Already done.

What a bargain!

If you're new to PC gaming that is......

More people on GAF are joining every day, if you go by the PC builders' thread.

steam_list_1.png

I spent 170$+, should I feel bad?

I seem to average $500 per Steam sale, so I'm doing well this time around.

Miletius

Awesome giveaway.
I am so on the ropes about this one. The trailer is so appealing to me but I am so over my budget already. I really wish I could play the first couple of hours before deciding to put down the money for it.

Well, you can always enter and hope you win!

I had a real interest in playing the Company of Heroes games, but darnit! I missed it when it was one of the daily deals :(

Wasteland 2 was one of the games I was hoping would get a daily deal, so I might pick that up.

kcp12304

Banned
Hope I did this right. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for kcp12304:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kcp12304, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-ED97E1656B5AE65B - Taken by gblues. 5 entrants total.

t1419998737z1.png

You could literally have nearly the entire worthwhile catalog with that amount each sale. Good lord what are you missing?

Too much. :(

My days on Steam date back to HL2's original release, but there was a long period where I wasn't gaming on PC (and didn't have many games on that account). Got back into PC gaming (with a new account since I lost the old one) at the end of 2012, so I've only been participating in sales since the 2012 Thanksgiving sale.

Steam currently says I have 506 items in my library over 488 games, if I can trust the count on the client and my profile at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom