• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, was playing Skyrim and
I was going to the Throat of the world to meet Parathuux or whatever his name was and isn't there. I tried waiting for a while but he doesn't show up.
How can I fix this?
Restart from your last save or restart Skyrim. If that does not work then bring up the command line in Skyrim with the tilde key. Force your most recent quest objective to be completed. Now if neither of those do not work then force the completion of your current objective.

Pezus

My damage this sale has been greater than I expected, although a lot of this is from Nuuvem or other places.

Deponia (Nuuvem)
One Way Heroics (Steam Store)
Savant - Ascent (Steam Store)
Unholy Heights (Steam Store)
Marlow Briggs (Steam Store)
Risk of Rain (Gift)
Racer 8 (Free)
FEAR 3 Retail (Gift)
Five Nights at Freddy's (Amazon)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Gift)
Sanctum 2 (Gift)

Right before this sale I got this:
Gunpoint (Gift)
Terraria (Gift)
Memoria (Nuuvem)
The Dark Eye (Nuuvem)

cicero

There is under one day left to purchase Nuclear Throne before the cutoff point (December 31st at 6pm EST) when Vlambeer gifts everyone who purchased a copy before then another free copy. Apparently some here are planning on gifting or raffling their free copies away, I would like to purchase (Paypal) someones free copy for 50% ($6.50) of what the game currently costs ($12.99). Unfortunately if I am the one who purchases it through Steam I have to pay ridiculous WA taxes. Please private message me if you are interested!

Store Page
Announcement
So as a token of appreciation for your continued support, and as a way to grow the community for valuable feedback, we want to give every owner of Nuclear Throne by the end of the year (CET) a free, giftable copy of the game on January 1st. This is a one-time gift, and we're afraid we can't make any exceptions to that date, timezone or any other part of this due to logistics. Some terms and conditions apply because we had to have those logistically, and we'll spell those out in a blog post later. Either way, we hope you bring someone wonderful to the community for 2015.

Sini

I haven't bought any games for myself from this Steam sale either. Only got few games for friends: Metal Gear Rising, Dark Souls and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

Extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

White Noise Online -- MB-A677AAF0EFF8A264 - Taken by kcp12304

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is Law and Order Legacies any good?

I haven't played it but I have played Telltale's licensed CSI games and they aren't very good. As far as I know, Law and Order Legacies is considered more directly comparable to those than Telltale's more critical successes. If you do end up picking it up, let us know in here. I'd be interested in impressions.

BasilZero

6KeiVAx.png

This is what I got in the last 2 weeks or so.

I spent about $25 or somewhere around that.

I think I'm done though :eek:.

Penguin's Arena and Racer 8 were free and SpeedRunners was a gift for me from a friend.

Shit, I don't want to start over my Skyrim file, it's not fair for the game to glitch something like that, especially if it's mandatory to beat the game. Bethesda needs to fix their shit.

EDIT: NVM, used commands to fix this issue.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Hell yes, 70% off Rollercoaster Tycoon! I bought RCT1 & 2 to relive the nostalgia.

Alice: Madness Returns has me absolutely glued, now that I have fixed the crashing. :p

Love the visuals. Well worth $4.99.

That game is one of those once in awhile fantastic treats that comes along games wise. The combat is better than I thought it would be, and the visuals alone are enough to keep one playing.

Also, I'm glad Metal Slug 3 has a freeplay option, because GODDAMN do I suck at that game. I lost count how many times I died on the first two levels.

So I just looked at Hatoful Boyfriend for the first time because I've heard it mentioned a lot.

WUT. THE. FUCK. Is this game?

Am I understanding it right? Its an anime type adventure game about being a human being in an all pigeon school? Da FUQ? Am I understanding it wrong? Because this sounds like the most bizarre shit I have ever heard of in my entire life.

Also is the Steam version of FF4 any good / worth purchasing?

Crayons

Banned
Cruel irony that YNAB is a flash this late in the sale.

That thing should be on the front page day 1!

I think it's strategic to put it at the end of the sale, when people realize how much money they spent they'll realize that they really need a better way to manage their budget. If they saw it at the beginning of the sale, they might be like 'Pffft I can control myself'

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's strategic to put it at the end of the sale, when people realize how much money they spent they'll realize that they really need a better way to manage their budget. If they saw it at the beginning of the sale, they might be like 'Pffft I can control myself'

Valve wouldn't sabotage their own sales, accounting be damned!

Debating whether I would like Lethal League and actually pay it...does it have good netcode and does it have mechanics/features that makes you want to play it?

What have I bought? Let's see:

Pre Sale Auction:

• Heretic Kingdoms: Shadows
  • The Marvelous Miss Take
  • Gearcity
  • Taxi
  • Pitiri 1977
  • LA Cops
  • Racing Manager 2014
  • Cricket Captain 2014
  • Super Toy Cars
  • Super Splatters
  • Contraption Maker
  • Halfway
  • Emergency 2014
  • Bound by Flame
  • Dex
  • Darkwood
  • Choplifter HD

Price Mistakes:
  • Thief

Sale:
  • Shadow Warrior
  • The Walking Dead S2
  • The Walking Dead: 400 Days
  • Dungeon of the Endless
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Game of Thrones (Telltale)
  • Grid Autosport
  • Gods Will be Watching
  • Postal 2
  • Lords of Xulima
  • Unholy Heights
  • Invisible Inc.
  • Battleblock Theatre

Assorted Bundles...

me0wish

Nope, Rust won't get discounted. Probably my favorite online experience, no game made me laugh and get pissed off as much as Rust did. Convinced around 15 of my friends/family to buy it, we had a blast playing it for over 200 hours, the only reason we stopped playing Rust is because of hackers.

Worth every cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom