• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

How low does Skyrim usually go for during these types of sales? Was hoping to pick up Skyrim Legendary Edition for like $10

Tik-Tok

What are the odds there will be some shit for Phantom Pain where you get bonuses or some weird exclusive hidden Easter eggs for having played Ground Zeroes.
I'm thinking pretty high. I kinda wanna pick up Ground Zeroes on PC but will likely be playing Phantom Pain on PS4 and I don't wanna miss out.

Unicorn

What are the odds there will be some shit for Phantom Pain where you get bonuses or some weird exclusive hidden Easter eggs for having played Ground Zeroes.
I'm thinking pretty high. I kinda wanna pick up Ground Zeroes on PC but will likely be playing Phantom Pain on PS4 and I don't wanna miss out.

Why do you think this?

Road Redemption is $12 on Humble Store ($13 on Steam). Not a daily, but is limited time on HS - like 2 hours. I'll just wait to see if it's a daily. I'm not in a dire need to play it, and each time I see updates it looks better and better. I'll probably wait for the "official" release in 2015.

pahamrick

Wasn't it confirmed that you can import a save into Phantom Pain? I could be remembering incorrectly, but I could have sworn any POWs / Operatives you rescued in Ground Zeroes Main Op and Side Ops would be available in Mother Base in Phantom Pain, among other things.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Saw Styx on sale and thought "Cool I wanted that game!"

See this...

OeR2Utb.png

Have NO memory of buying this game lol. Found a few others in my library I forgot I had.

I have problems...

Saw Styx on sale and thought "Cool I wanted that game!"

See this...

OeR2Utb.png

Have NO memory of buying this game lol. Found a few others in my library I forgot I had.

I have problems...

The most disturbing and irrational thing to me is when I see a game I want, then I notice it's in my library already... and I'm disappointed that I won't get to buy it again.

Lomax

How come there were new dailies every 8 hours in the summer sale but now it's up to 12?

No idea. And those 12 hour flash sales last 24 hours, so as it stands you only have to check the store once per day. The number of games on special (daily/flash) is lower than it's been in ages. This whole sale seems like they put all their effort into the auction and just dumped out the sale itself with virtually no thought.

The most disturbing and irrational thing to me is when I see a game I want, then I notice it's in my library already... and I'm disappointed that I won't get to buy it again.

Yeah well talk to me when, after that, you start looking at your friends list for people who have it wishlisted and you give it away just so you can buy it again.

You are not yet in the heart of darkness.

The new dailies start in 1 day + 14 hours. That's a long ass daily unless I'm missing something.

The offers for those games highlighted in the front page end in 1 day and 14 hours. Daily Deals always have a 48 hour grace period. New front page dailies show up every 24 hours during these events.

Another winter sale... damn, feels like it was just yesterday when the last one hit. I haven't even come close to clearing my backlog from the last couple winter sales.

Speevy

Banned
I'm creating a list of games I will possibly give away. I went through Steam sales and grabbed a bunch of games that were released this year, sell for cheap even without a daily (over 50% off), and are rated highly by users.

From this list, either eliminate a game you think no one would possibly want in a giveaway or add one that they would.

The game you might suggest needs to have been released in 2014 and must be under $10.

And yes, I know, wait for the dailies. I haven't bought anything from this list yet.

The Desolate Hope
eXceed Jade Penetrate Black Package
Onikira - Demon Killer
Lovely Planet
Crimzon Clover
One Way Heroics
Lili: Child of Geos
100% Orange Juice
Tower of Guns
Our Darker Purpose
The Fall
Hexcells
A Story About My Uncle
LYNE
Astebreed
Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Sotha_Sil

With my transition back to Windows due to the theft of my macbook, I am once again able to enjoy the wonders of PC gaming. I now have a semi-decent laptop that I got for a good price.

I downloaded Morrowind GOTY two days ago (should have waited lol) and it's so much better not playing it on the OG Xbox. 60fps,much better resolution, very quick loading, better controls, mods... it's glorious.

And now I just had my first binge purchase on Steam:

-Fallout New Vegas UE
-Alpha Protocol
-KOTOR 2
-System Shock 2
-Deus Ex GOTY
-Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
-Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
-Dishonored GOTY
-Mass Effect
-Splinter Cell (original)

That's my Christmas present to myself, and reward for finishing grad school and getting a good job. Some of them will be replays at higher quality, some are games I never played. Can't wait.... no need to get a PS4 for a long time now.

I'm creating a list of games I will possibly give away. I went through Steam sales and grabbed a bunch of games that were released this year, sell for cheap even without a daily (over 50% off), and are rated highly by users.

From this list, either eliminate a game you think no one would possibly want in a giveaway or add one that they would.

The game you might suggest needs to have been released in 2014 and must be under $10.

And yes, I know, wait for the dailies. I haven't bought anything from this list yet.

The Desolate Hope
Onikira - Demon Killer
Lovely Planet
Crimzon Clover
One Way Heroics
100% Orange Juice
Tower of Guns
Our Darker Purpose
The Fall
Hexcells
A Story About My Uncle
LYNE
Astebreed
Epic Battle Fantasy 4

lyne is nowhere near as good as hexcells

actually just give away 10 copies of the hexcells pack

the most happiness possible

With my transition back to Windows due to the theft of my macbook, I am once again able to enjoy the wonders of PC gaming. I now have a semi-decent laptop that I got for a good price.

I downloaded Morrowind GOTY two days ago (should have waited lol) and it's so much better not playing it on the OG Xbox. 60fps,much better resolution, very quick loading, better controls, mods... it's glorious.

And now I just had my first binge purchase on Steam:

-Fallout New Vegas UE
-Alpha Protocol
-KOTOR 2
-System Shock 2
-Deus Ex GOTY
-Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
-Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
-Dishonored GOTY
-Mass Effect
-Splinter Cell (original)

That's my Christmas present to myself, and reward for finishing grad school and getting a good job. Some of them will be replays at higher quality, some are games I never played. Can't wait.... no need to get a PS4 for a long time now.
you didnt wait for the dailys :O

you could have saved more money

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of TheTux, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheTux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex - The Fall -- MB-7ED57D1B2D74A781 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 22 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-002FF952CC450BBC - Taken by Reg. 10 entrants total.
Thief - The Master Thief Edition -- MB-4639BA6D9CD63F50 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 41 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9EFB0A19DCAC2BE3 - Taken by ElMexiMerican. 29 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-49E58DE48EB7A749 - Taken by SniperHunter. 10 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-3AF9921CDD2309E6 - Taken by Anustart. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex - The Fall was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief - The Master Thief Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Last Remnant was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419006459z1.png

pahamrick

I'll throw Deadnaut onto the list of games wanted.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After day 1 of the sale, I own two Metal Gear games on Steam... Or should I say one game and one demo.

tumblr_msw0o4zZDz1sz5bjmo1_500.gif

Toshin

The Desolate Hope
Onikira - Demon Killer
Lovely Planet
Crimzon Clover
One Way Heroics
100% Orange Juice
Tower of Guns
Our Darker Purpose
The Fall
Hexcells
A Story About My Uncle
LYNE
Astebreed
Epic Battle Fantasy 4

hey speevy I see you got some shumps in there is this worth adding in there to?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/56116/
Just got released, but the games are sub 10 and quite good.

Grief.exe

A friend pointed me to this game:
Enclave
Apparently a brutally difficult hack-and-slash action-RPG... from 2003. Originally released on Xbox and PC and later on Wii. I never heard of this, but it sounds like it could be up my alley. Only $1.37 CAD right now, I doubt it'll go lower (but I'll still "wait for the dailies" on principle :p), but despite some middling critic reviews, it's just pennies, so I'm tempted to try it... anyone on GAF know this one?

Also developed by Starbreeze, you should let me know how it turns out.

You know Metal Gear is bad ass whEN IT USES ALL CAPS FOR ITS TITLES ON STEAM.

The Japanese do this for some reason.

Why am I sitting here agonizing over whether to buy Flight Simulator X or not? I'm almost certainly not going to play it. What am I doing to myself?

rickyson1

Why am I sitting here agonizing over whether to buy Flight Simulator X or not? I'm almost certainly not going to play it. What am I doing to myself?

it's just how it works

even tons of the games I buy fully intending to play at some point I probably won't end up playing for years if ever

Playing Steam: The Game Collecting Game.

also this,sometimes i'm more into building up my library than playing stuff

madjoki

A friend pointed me to this game:
Enclave
Apparently a brutally difficult hack-and-slash action-RPG... from 2003. Originally released on Xbox and PC and later on Wii. I never heard of this, but it sounds like it could be up my alley. Only $1.37 CAD right now, I doubt it'll go lower (but I'll still "wait for the dailies" on principle :p), but despite some middling critic reviews, it's just pennies, so I'm tempted to try it... anyone on GAF know this one?

Enclave is free on this site: http://www.dlh.net/en/profile.html

Parsnip

The worst part is that there is about zero point zero percent chance that there will be an upgrade path for current DS2 owners. I just dont see them doing it with them having to set up 2 upgrade paths for those who bought the DLC and those who didnt.

There won't be an upgrade path as such, but there will be loyalty discount. I have zero doubts about that, And loyalty discounts have been known to account for whether you own just the base game, game + season pass, game + 1-3 of the dlc etc.

tauke

Finally able to vote after getting error in processing my vote last night. This time the vote seems longer at every 24 hours. I remember previous sales the vote is like every 8 or 12 hours?

Hmm I don't plan to buy anything for myself but will grab some gift for my friends who are still new to Steam if the game are on dailies deal.

Tenrius

I bought a bunch of Guarded backgrounds at the very beginning of the auction thing, while they were still cheap, and sold them for a profit yesterday, making about ten times the amount of my initial investment. I also converted some of them into gems and won three games I wanted. Everything went better than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom