• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Water, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. -- MB-1A90740928D154C4 - Taken by famfrit. 9 entrants total.

t1418969621z1.png

Ptaaty

Those waiting for Dark Souls 2...how long are you planning to wait? Just curious - I am struggling because DS2 is on my wishlist and is at my target price.

I am aware of the remaster, but I don't see that dropping to under $20 for quite awhile....what are we expecting? By summer? A year from now? Its not like april comes around and they drop a remaster with all DLC for the winter sale price.

grimmiq

I've already screwed up >< Only wanted to buy the 8 games on my Wishlist this sale if they go on daily/flash..but Deadly Premonition was too good to pass up at $2.49.

Need Kerbals and Goat Sim. That's all I will be buying this sale because I've blown far too much money in Christmas and a new PC case.

Come on, Kerbal!

Anustart

Ugh. In MGR how are you supposed to fucking zandetsu with precision when moving the aiming makes you fucking attack. This boss in the tower is stupid because of this. Need to line up your slice, but doing so makes you slice wildly as your moving it around, kerploding you.

ExoSoul

Banned
Ugh. In MGR how are you supposed to fucking zandetsu with precision when moving the aiming makes you fucking attack. This boss in the tower is stupid because of this. Need to line up your slice, but doing so makes you slice wildly as your moving it around, kerploding you.
In free blade mode the right stick cuts and the left stick aims.
(Don't know if it has keyboard enabled but you really should play with a controller)

Wouldn't it be wild if there was another stick on the controller that you could aim with.

Benedict

Those waiting for Dark Souls 2...how long are you planning to wait? Just curious - I am struggling because DS2 is on my wishlist and is at my target price.

I am aware of the remaster, but I don't see that dropping to under $20 for quite awhile....what are we expecting? By summer? A year from now? Its not like april comes around and they drop a remaster with all DLC for the winter sale price.

Will probably buy it on PS4.

Grief.exe

Rotate the stick around the outside axis, when you get the angle you want, let go of the stick.

Nothing for me this go around. Good. I've already spent enough on Christmas Gifts this year. The less damaged my wallet can come away from this Winter sale the better.

Theoretically, but things are being done slightly differently this sale so we will have to wait and see.

Yeah, this one seems odd. Fewer community votes. Less frequent flash sales. Not sure what to think of it. Seems like we get fewer deals, but the one's that are up now get more time in the spotlight so you don't have to check 3 times a day.

I thought for sure there would be some meta-game like the summer sale point game.

Halp, I just installed MGR:R and it won't even launch after pressing play. Steam updated, and verified cache.

Windows 8.1
GTX 770 4GB
8GB RAM
i7-4770k @ 4.00 GHz

Unicorn

Monaco worth it? I threw Speedrunners in my cart, just because.

I think I'm just really trying to get myself to buy things... even though I don't really want or need them.

Fucking Gaben.

Lomax

Okay I swore that voting was gonna be every 12 hours but now it changed to 24 hours.

It's been 24 hours since the sale launched, the new flash deals (which run 24 hours) are every 12 hours. You only need to check the store once a day now to get a chance for every sale, which was probably the intent. Shame that to do it they reduced the overall number of specials.

grimmiq

It's been 24 hours since the sale launched, the new flash deals (which run 24 hours) are every 12 hours. You only need to check the store once a day now to get a chance for every sale, which was probably the intent. Shame that to do it they reduced the overall number of specials.

Didn't flash sales used to be 4 games instead of 6?

Vaguely remember it being 4 games every 8 hours so still 12 games per day.

Monaco worth it? I threw Speedrunners in my cart, just because.

I think I'm just really trying to get myself to buy things... even though I don't really want or need them.

Fucking Gaben.

I wasn't a fan of Monaco, it's interesting in theory, but it just didn't play very well to me, and the visual style wasn't to my liking either but for $1.34 I say it's worth checking out to see if you like it with it being that cheap.

Deadbeat

Banned
I was all excited getting like 28 cards and thats not the case since I read it wrong. Now im kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom