• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should really try Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae. It's only $2.50.
36B30DF60FCE4BDD656A41A1FD26D1B65A356DDC

Also, some more deals I found:
A Story About My Uncle for $3.24 (-75%) [lowest it's been]
Danmaku Unlimited 2 for $1.99 (-60%) [lowest it's been]
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII for $0.98 (-67%) [basically buy 1 get 1 free]
Almost every Legacy of Kain game for $5 (-75%)

And the ones I found before, for those who missed it:

CassSept

Can anyone recommend any interesting indie games released earlier this year that may go on sale later on? I don't think there will be anything mainstream I'm interested in with my current backlog, but I'd love to nab some indie stuff.

Unicorn

Buy Defense Grid 2 and Broforce or you are part of the problem. That is all. Continue on.

I have an arbitrary limit for this sale of $20. I want Broforce, but the price of admission is still too high.
Can anyone recommend any interesting indie games released earlier this year that may go on sale later on? I don't think there will be anything mainstream I'm interested in with my current backlog, but I'd love to nab some indie stuff.

I'm not sure about release of this year (why isn't that information easy to find in library view on steam?), but going through what I own, these are the indie games I feel are worth checking out:

Gunpoint - Mark of the Ninja meets Blade Runner
Cloudbuilt - Mirror's Edge meets Jet Grind Radio
Hotline Miami
Luftrausers - dogfighting shmup
Nidhogg - 8-bit-ish fencing
Super Hexagon - Super hard action/puzzle
Depth - Alien vs. Predator turned to Shark vs Diver
Lethal League - Divekick with projectiles
Mount Your Friends - QWOP with multiplayer dongs
The Marvellous Miss Take - A non-violent Stealth puzzler

LGom09

Damn MGR is buggy. During the chase at the start, Sundowner got stuck with half of his body underground and I ran right by him. Then after the second Ray fight, right before the part where you run down the building, it froze on this screen:
I tried to reload the checkpoint and then it froze at the loading screen. :(

PaulLFC

With all these new "buying from other regions" restrictions implemented lately, can I still buy from US sites like Amazon.com and MacGameStore and activate the keys on a UK Steam account?

Amazon has Styx for $15 which works out better than the £12.50 it is on Steam here.

Vuze

With all these new "buying from other regions" restrictions implemented lately, can I still buy from US sites like Amazon.com and MacGameStore and activate the keys on a UK Steam account?

Amazon has Styx for $15 which works out better than the £12.50 it is on Steam here.
Yeah, just make sure the apps you want to buy aren't locked on runtime-level by checking that their SteamDB entries don't include "onlyallowrunincountries". You will eventually need a VPN to activate keys from Brazil or sth, but Keys from US/EU sites should be fine.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Trying to decide between Unity of Command and Panzer Corp for a turn-based strategy game. I do like Panzer General, so the latter is pretty tempting, but I've also heard very good things about UoC. Hmmm....

Unicorn

Speedrunners seems really fun. Would want to play with friends, though.

Thanks for the Broforce coupon, but even at $7.53 I'm hesitating.
KuGsj.gif

Edit:

Nevermind, I forgot about the Expendabros DLC. I think I'm in now.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

nail'd (Steam) -- MB-EFCC51498E570C5B - Taken by rostocker
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron (Steam) -- MB-CE15CD11419F8C26 - Taken by JustLynx
Luna - Shattered Hearts - Ep. 1 -- MB-5C455FAFA9B7F8A9 - Taken by NingenJanai
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage (Steam) -- MB-14317F772F7D7310 - Taken by fuzzy123
Bardbarian (Steam) -- MB-7B7277E1A6C7ACAC - Taken by Darth Kupi
Space Farmers (Steam) -- MB-B3ADBE50D0BAF551 - Taken by bobnowhere
Antisquad (Steam) -- MB-9699928B860E978B - Taken by Saty
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) -- MB-7983CFF44C60B27F - Taken by Kryptonite

Came with a free copy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Space Farmers -- MB-A2F34E4AD7913408 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Tenrius

The Russian in the title appears different in the mobile and desktop views to me. I think the mobile one is broken.

Yes, I see now. The mobile version adds some extra symbols for some reason (99 and something else). Well, if anyone's interested, that's not the proper way of saying "no games for you" in Russian. I'd suggest changing the title to "игр больше не будет", just for the sake of proper grammar.

On another note, how do you get rid of 78 gems?

Buy Defense Grid 2 and Broforce or you are part of the problem. That is all. Continue on.
Just to remind people that The Expendabros is effectively a standalone free demo for Broforce (it is a marketing tool for The Expendables 3...there I was thinking as soon as Hollywood saw Broforce they would send C&Dforce). Also it is available for a limited time only:
The Expendabros was created by Broforce developer Free Lives and will be available for download until December 31, 2014.

On another note, how do you get rid of 78 gems?
Since the only thing you can currently do with gems is make them into a booster pack and the minimum that needs is 400 so you can't get rid of them like that. They are a tradable item so you can pass the problem onto a naughty friend.

Wookieomg

Oh lawd I came into this sale late but I'm making up for it by buying MGS:V GZ and Speedrunners so far. Hoping I don't end up spending much more this sale...

;_;

PaulLFC

Yeah, just make sure the apps you want to buy aren't locked on runtime-level by checking that their SteamDB entries don't include "onlyallowrunincountries". You will eventually need a VPN to activate keys from Brazil or sth, but Keys from US/EU sites should be fine.
Thanks! I checked Styx and noticed it says "Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item" - I assume this only applies to Steam gifts and not activation through CD keys?

Ark

It's the first day of the sale and I've already spent over £20. Bought MGSV:GZ, Rome 2 + blood & gore DLC, and ETS2.

This does not bode well, still have ~15 games on my wish list to buy.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Just to remind people that The Expendabros is effectively a standalone free demo for Broforce (it is a marketing tool for The Expendables 3...there I was thinking as soon as Hollywood saw Broforce they would send C&Dforce). Also it is available for a limited time only:

Since the only thing you can currently do with gems is make them into a booster pack and the minimum that needs is 400 so you can't get rid of them like that. They are a tradable item so you can pass the problem onto a naughty friend.

What!!!

That's incredibly shitty.

Any way to back up my Expendabros for posterity?

Also, heads up for those who want some cheap +1's or are interested in the games, the Groupees Meridian4 10th Anniversary Bundle is over in a day.

Pick and choose from 45 games (includes +2 bonus games per purchase).
Minimum purchase 3 games at $0.99.
Discounted more for 8 for $2.11, 12 for $2.97, 20 for $4.95, all for $9.95, etc.
For you card collectors (and people who want <3 games but need a filler) all the games that currently have cards are:
-Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
-Stellar Impact
-Snyder Arcade
-Syberia

I personally got Chains and Obulis from that bundle and went with Stellar Impact as card filler (as I already have the other card fillers).

What!!!

That's incredibly shitty.

Any way to back up my Expendabros for posterity?
On most platforms delisted games hang around in your library. Now it being a free game the way to add it to your library is to install it. If you have to reinstall it I think you have to delve into your account settings (as free games are hidden in the library).

The only meaningful things to do with Holiday cards are to sell them or craft a badge with them, right? I'm guessing the best time to sell them is immediately, since the number of them in the market will go up by a lot as the sale goes on?

S1n1st3r

Banned
On most platforms delisted games hang around in your library. Now it being a free game the way to add it to your library is to install it. If you have to reinstall it I think you have to delve into your account settings (as free games are hidden in the library).

Hmmm my account page only shows names, not clickable links. How exactly should I access a delisted game?

moojito

Anno 1404 is 40% off just now. I've wanted this game for ages and for a long time it was taken off steam for some reason, but I'm going to stick to the sacred rules of the steam sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom