• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCDR

Alright, during the summer sale the community let us down for Ikaruga and Double Dragon Neon. I hope they're a flash or daily this time!

So what are the chances the original Dead Island GOTY will be on a daily or a flash deal?

Pretty good, the last few major sales definitely did.

Nete

Those who liked classic Rainbow Six (especially if you liked the pre-mission planning) or SWATs back in the day, make yourselves a favour and buy Door Kickers.

Pachimari

I think I bought around 150 games last Summer, but I'm having a great sale right now. Even though I'm "only" at 9 titles, I got stuff I wanted, like Alien Isolation, Wolfenstein, MGS Ground Zeroes, Borderlands and SpeedRunners has totally surprised me.

Those who liked classic Rainbow Six (especially if you liked the pre-mission planning) or SWATs back in the day, make yourselves a favour and buy Door Kickers.

Rainbow Six 3 is #3 on my all-time favorites list so Door Kickers is a little tempting but I think I'm gonna wait until next Summer.

I think I bought around 150 games last Summer, but I'm having a great sale right now. Even though I'm "only" at 9 titles, I got stuff I wanted, like Alien Isolation, Wolfenstein, MGS Ground Zeroes, Borderlands and SpeedRunners has totally surprised me.

:lol it's been one day.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of TheTux, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheTux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex - The Fall -- MB-7ED57D1B2D74A781 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 22 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-002FF952CC450BBC - Taken by Reg. 10 entrants total.
Thief - The Master Thief Edition -- MB-4639BA6D9CD63F50 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 41 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9EFB0A19DCAC2BE3 - Taken by ElMexiMerican. 29 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-49E58DE48EB7A749 - Taken by SniperHunter. 10 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher -- MB-3AF9921CDD2309E6 - Taken by Anustart. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex - The Fall was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief - The Master Thief Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Last Remnant was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF SQEX Store Voucher was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419006459z1.png

Firebrand

What's a good software for using an X360 controller with older PC games? (like the Soul Reaver series)
You shouldn't need anything for most games, as there's still a DirectInput driver. The triggers can be problematic I guess as they're treated as a single anaolgue axis, cancelling eachother out if you press both of them at the same time (if the game even lets you map them to actions). Maybe X360CE can remap those to digital ones, I don't know.

No rumble support either, I know there was some Japanese-made plugin that got it to work with emulators for me, but alas, no idea what it was called. (So helpful!)

Sales feel slow.

for regulars, nothing here stands out. Dark Soul 2 lost a lot of possible wind in its sails since a) theres the remaster coming and B) the DLC isn't on sale. Otherwise, it would be a hot pickup for many. Also, having the community vote just once a day means people are patiently waiting for just two sales updates a date instead of 4. Lat, seems that going by day one, publishers haven't been as aggressive with slashing their prices as they've been in the past.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, the lack of the game type thing (which was done before the sale) and less flash sales per hour makes this much more quiet.

I don't really mind, just a very different feel than I'm used to.

user237

In retrospect, the gem auction had some pretty good deals. I passed up a few games I wanted just because "it'll probably be 75% off in a few days anyway"

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Picked up that flight game, seems cool. Really really debating metal gear sword, anyone have any glowing impressions? Which is it closer to in terms of being fun and awesome, korra or vanquish?

Nabs

In retrospect, the gem auction had some pretty good deals. I passed up a few games I wanted just because "it'll probably be 75% off in a few days anyway"
I'm so glad I participated in the auction. I ran away with some really good deals.

Yeah, the lack of the game type thing (which was done before the sale) and less flash sales per hour makes this much more quiet.

I don't really mind, just a very different feel than I'm used to.

I don't like it, I liked the fast moving thread, it was exciting. This is slow and boring.

Would it be dumb to buy the standard Dark Souls 2 instead of the season pass version? I still haven't played through the DLC area in the original Dark Souls I think as I missed the quest giver playing through without guides.

Is my DualShock 3 dying? I'm using SCP Driver. Sometimes my controller just stops accepting input and the led keeps blinking. It doesn't get disconnected though. I only use USB.

Haunted

I'm sure this is completely unsupported and just my personal impression from the games I'm interested in, but it seems to me like there are fewer 75% discounts around than usual. Many more 33% and 50%.

Spyware

Sale feels a bit underwhelming, not so much in the size of the discount but in the volume of stuff on sale, one community choice a day and flash deals every 12 hours feels a bit lacking considering the winter sale is generally regarded as "the big one"
Past sales have had oh so many repeats. Almost everything felt like it was in daily, flash AND community (and those were still voted on over stuff that never were a flash or daily, grr)

If they have fewer repeats I prefer this format since I only have to check two times per day. One time less to get disappointed that my wanted game wasn't in the current sale batch :D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Past sales have had oh so many repeats. Almost everything felt like it was in daily, flash AND community (and those were still voted on over stuff that never were a flash or daily, grr)

If they have fewer repeats I prefer this format since I only have to check two times per day. One time less to get disappointed that my wanted game wasn't in the current sale batch :D

The flash deals actually last 24 hours so you could check daily and still see everything.

Hanzou

One of my favorite games in my library. The single player was great but multiplayer was awesome as well. Though I will say I had trouble finding randoms to play with last time I tried.
Yeah I was thinking of picking up a copy for my brother for some co-op. I think it would be fun.

I've seen .webm's of DoorKickers but never knew what it was called. It is RIGHT up my alley! I loved SWAT 4 and enjoy Rainbow Six. Anyone have any other impressions of the game to tempt me?

Spyware

The flash deals actually last 24 hours so you could check daily and still see everything.

Yeah but it's the "check the front page of the store with shiny pictures!" thing I like to do :p Is there a specific page for "last flash sale batch" in Steam itself or do I need to check on GAF if I miss out on one?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I finally got Metal Gear Rising. Holy fuck is this what I've been missing?

Runs amazingly well considering my weakass dualcore rig, though framerate during Blade Mode can be a bit dicey. But other than that it's smooth sailing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broforce 25% off voucher -- MB-4ED2684180BD0AAE - Taken by ohohdave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom