• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

So what is the deal with the gems?

I have 5 pages of Steam Cards. Should I convert them? Save them? What do I do?

I have backgrounds and foil cards worth 100-220+ gems.

I'm so confused, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I'm so confused, lol.

Unless you can get a sack of gems to sell, don't bother. Pointless bullshit and I can't sell the 12 gems I have.

sthelegend

Neo Member
I have a question about the Dark Souls 2 DLC.
If i already have DS2 on steam. so is it save to buy the season pass or isn't it worth it because of the new version coming out soon?

I think DS2 looks good enough so i don't care if the new version looks better. So forgetting that it's not on discount, can i safely buy the season pass?

rockx4

Completely forgot about the Steam sale this year. It feels like Steam sale prices get a bit worst every year... Sorta want DG2 but dunno if I want to wait.

Kevin

Call of Duty: Ghosts worth $10 for the campaign? Boxed copy is on sale at Amazon right now and seemingly is redeemable on Steam.

I have a question about the Dark Souls 2 DLC.
If i already have DS2 on steam. so is it save to buy the season pass or isn't it worth it because of the new version coming out soon?

I think DS2 looks good enough so i don't care if the new version looks better. So forgetting that it's not on discount, can i safely buy the season pass?

I'd say go for it. I'm holding out for the DLC to be a bit cheaper as I decided the graphics update won't be all that great.

McBryBry

I picked up Dark Souls yesterday, but my question is... How deep down do you think South Park, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will go? I think those are my big three this year.

MadGear

Why is Dead Space 2 not available in Germany? The 'daily-icon" doesn't show a game at all. What was the reasoning for that?

It isn't available on the german steam store at all, so there is no way they can offer it during this sale.
So either ask someone to get it for you or buy it on origin. I believe the origin sale ends today and its 9.99€ there as well (but tbh, since both DS1 and 3 are heavily discounted this seems rather expensive).

It isn't available on the german steam store at all, so there is no way they can offer it during this sale.
So either ask someone to get it for you or buy it on origin. I believe the origin sale ends today and its 9.99€ there as well (but tbh, since both DS1 and 3 are heavily discounted this seems rather expensive).

I was just curious as to why it isn't available, it can't be the typical cencoring?

MadGear

Btw. did anyone here play Reflex? Its currently 25% off (yes I'll wait for the dailies) so i might consider getting it if its worth it.

I was just curious as to why it isn't available, it can't be the typical cencoring?

IIRC its multiplayer actually got censored here. So it seems the censored version is missing on steam and therefore no Dead Space 2 for us :(

JustinBB7

Oh damn, forgot that usually when a big game is on sale, all other games are on sale too of that franchise. Metal Gear Rising for 4 euros!

shandy706

By the way, Final Fantasy XIII is $6.40 on the North American Square Enix store. It's a Steam key.

Well, I bought the game for PC....can't find a key in the landing page, in an e-mail, or in the .pdf they sent me telling me how to use the key in Steam.

Ummmm....

Edit* Alright, in case this happens to anyone else. I found my Steam key by going to THIS PAGE and entering the order # and my password. This time it displayed the key that it never displayed when I finished checking out.

Sarcasm

Is there a way to tell if a friend has a DLC?

EuroTruck Simulator 2 - Worth it?

Yes. And the going EAST DLC. + High Cargo.

Though if you plan to only say play it three times and stop probably not. You can save and exit mid delivery.

Well, I bought the game for PC....can't find a key in the landing page, in an e-mail, or in the .pdf they sent me telling me how to use the key in Steam.

Ummmm....

I had this same problem when I bought FF7 earlier.

I paid via paypal so I had the order number.
Went into my account, put the order # in along with my password, and got sent to a page with the order.

The key is there.

shandy706

Unless you can get a sack of gems to sell, don't bother. Pointless bullshit and I can't sell the 12 gems I have.

Save them. Convert them when/if Valve ever does other auction.

Thanks guys.

Went into my account, put the order # in along with my password, and got sent to a page with the order.

The key is there.

Figured it out and made an edit. Thanks for the information though. Hopefully others will see our posts if they have the same problem.

pahamrick

Ummmm....

Edit* Alright, in case this happens to anyone else. I found my Steam key by going to THIS PAGE and entering the order # and my password. This time it displayed the key that it never displayed when I finished checking out.

The key is there.

Weird. When I got FFXIII from the Square Enix store the CD Key was on the order confirmation email, directly under the product name on the email.

Please keep me in mind. I'm offering 20% of Steam prices. I'm at work so might be slow to respond. But send me PM of what you want and your E-Mail address. I'll respond to confirm.

Iztli

Ummmm....

I was about to post that also. I was worried for a bit.

Grief.exe

I'm so confused, lol.

You missed the boat on selling your gems, the value took a massive dive.

You can use them to generate booster packs for games you want badges for.

Uthred

Sale feels a bit underwhelming, not so much in the size of the discount but in the volume of stuff on sale, one community choice a day and flash deals every 12 hours feels a bit lacking considering the winter sale is generally regarded as "the big one"

fantomena

Sale feels a bit underwhelming, not so much in the size of the discount but in the volume of stuff on sale, one community choice a day and flash deals every 12 hours feels a bit lacking considering the winter sale is generally regarded as "the big one"

I miss more flash deals even though it killed my sleep.

Yep. The only way I can see this as an improvement is if we get no repeats that way. That would be amazing. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom