• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is completely unsupported and just my personal impression from the games I'm interested in, but it seems to me like there are fewer 75% discounts around than usual. Many more 33% and 50%.

I've heard/seen people say this for every sale ever since steam was a thing.

I'm not saying it's true or not though...

Also, guys, this is Day One of the sale
Just because we don't have lots of 75% discounts today doesn't mean we won't have lots of them later

I finally got Metal Gear Rising. Holy fuck is this what I've been missing?

Runs amazingly well considering my weakass dualcore rig, though framerate during Blade Mode can be a bit dicey. But other than that it's smooth sailing.

What are the combos and moveset like? Is this game a decent enough substitute in place of Bayonetta (I don't expect better just something like it e.g. fast, fluid and with combos).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but it's the "check the front page of the store with shiny pictures!" thing I like to do :p Is there a specific page for "last flash sale batch" in Steam itself or do I need to check on GAF if I miss out on one?

It has "deals expiring soon" under the Wishlist section and the last set of flash deals is there.

Pociask

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see what time exactly the sales expired. I.E. it's right now about 11:28 EST, what time EST will Flight Simulator X no longer be on sale?

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see what time exactly the sales expired. I.E. it's right now about 11:28 EST, what time EST will Flight Simulator X no longer be on sale?

in one hour and 32 minutes it will go up in price

to what we dont know

probably not full price

but certainly not at its current one

Some impressions I wrote this summer when it was still Early Access.

Also, whe you do something like this:

http://a.pomf.se/wmpprv.webm

And it works, you are in the fucking heaven.

Thank you so much for the impressions! The .webm's look great. Are those your recordings? Beautifully executed, I gotta say. You've sold me on the game. I'd love to see you on Steam some time. I -think- I added you (jackc1990/MadClacker) I recently did some spring cleaning on my account, got back into the PC gaming scene after a year or so, and am looking to meet some new faces.

What are the combos and moveset like? Is this game a decent enough substitute in place of Bayonetta (I don't expect better just something like it e.g. fast, fluid and with combos).

The combos are fun and simple, reminds me of Viewtiful Joe; you'll be fine as long as you alternate between weak and strong hits. It scratches that Bayonetta itch, too.

McBryBry

Debating on grabbing MGR before it goes...

Except I have it on PS3 already. Plus, I should probably worry about finishing my computer first lol.

Is there any other reason to get it on PC instead other than the looks?

Picked up that flight game, seems cool. Really really debating metal gear sword, anyone have any glowing impressions? Which is it closer to in terms of being fun and awesome, korra or vanquish?

Better than Korra, as good as or better than Vanquish depending on what you're looking for.

Nete

Thank you so much for the impressions! The .webm's look great. Are those your recordings? Beautifully executed, I gotta say. You've sold me on the game. I'd love to see you on Steam some time. I -think- I added you (jackc1990/MadClacker) I recently did some spring cleaning on my account, got back into the PC gaming scene after a year or so, and am looking to meet some new faces.

Yes they are, using the hands-off mode. I still haven't tried to play in pausable real time, lol.

And feel free to add me. I haven't received anything tho, so you may want to check again :p

Have you played Breach & Clear? I'm wondering how they compare to each other. I haven't played it myself but I have it already so wondering if it's worth picking up Doorkickers or not too :p

Sadly I haven't, someday I will solve that. But every time someone who did compared both, Door Kickers got the upper hand.

Except I have it on PS3 already. Plus, I should probably worry about finishing my computer first lol.

I'm in pretty much the same position. I haven't played my PS3 copy yet.

kudoboi

sooo

whats the missing game?

bsQsxKo.png

The game literally plays better at 60 FPS. Way more responsive, which is a must for this type of game

Anustart

Ugh. Anyone else know a fix for the metal gear rising 24 hz thing that happens on a tv? Yesterday I could switch it from fullscreen to windowed then back to fullscreen and it would stick at 60hz, but now thats not working :(

pahamrick

Ugh. Anyone else know a fix for the metal gear rising 24 hz thing that happens on a tv? Yesterday I could switch it from fullscreen to windowed then back to fullscreen and it would stick at 60hz, but now thats not working :(

Well, theres two choices really.

1. Set a custom resolution and use that, it seems to fix it for most games. I use 1920x1076
2. Use a program called Fullscreenizer, and run it in windowed mode then use Fullscreenizer to make it Borderless Window Fullscreen.

Nyoro SF

Considering that you have a decent PC, the game loads faster, looks better, plays more smoothly and includes all the DLC.

Kaleinc

Banned
You could try borderless fullscreen mode if there is mod for it.

Jme

Does anyone here have any thoughts on Space Engineers?

It's been on my wishlist for a while. A coworker plays a lot of it and says its amazingly fun. I'm kind of waiting for it to get out of Early Access though...

From what I've watched of him playing it, its like a really nice looking minecraft in space. Build ships, dock them on stations, mine for stuff. etc. Lots of exploring and crafting

Miker

Strangely enough, I'm considering Dead Space 2. I didn't like the first that much because it was really repetitive and had dull encounter design, but I hear the second is more dynamic and set piece driven, which is a good thing to me for a game like Dead Space. It's also the only one I don't have of the three games.

Jme

I can confirm 100% that is might go on sale.

lol, fair enough.
But, what I mean is, it has NO sale on it at all. Usually stuff is on sale for some amount off, and during a daily it goes on sale even further discounted. Historically, does stuff go on sale later that started off with no discounts?

Have you played Breach & Clear? I'm wondering how they compare to each other. I haven't played it myself but I have it already so wondering if it's worth picking up Doorkickers or not too :p

I've put it on my wishlist for now. Probably won't be able to play it until summer anyway, and maybe it will come down from $9 to about $5.

Dolor

If anyone is curious/interested, Total War: Rome 2 has had all of its launch issues fixed and with Steam Workshop modding and the new Imperator campaign, it is easily among the best of the Total War line of games now.

Sarcasm

Does anyone here have any thoughts on Space Engineers?

I played it non-stop on the free weekend and it got really boring fast. Though that is probably cause I played the heck out of it. The only combat is PVP and soon maybe derelict AI ships.

**Also is there a way to tell which DLC a friend has? One says 40 friends have it and I click only shows two...

lol, fair enough.
But, what I mean is, it has NO sale on it at all. Usually stuff is on sale for some amount off, and during a daily it goes on sale even further discounted. Historically, does stuff go on sale later that started off with no discounts?
Normally yeah, but there have been times where things without discount get a special discount when daily'd.

I've seen .webm's of DoorKickers but never knew what it was called. It is RIGHT up my alley! I loved SWAT 4 and enjoy Rainbow Six. Anyone have any other impressions of the game to tempt me?
Seriously it has all the intensity you remember from R6 and the planning is flawless. Everything I wanted Frozen Synapse to feel like without the turn based moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom