• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

VodevilX

Banned
Currently grabbin' cheap older games, the likes of:
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Railroad Tycoon 3
And also on the hunt for these to go 2,5€:
SW Republic Commando
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Luckily there'll hardly be anything big for me, for I already have everything I needed nowadays.... No wonder after 4 years of sales...

All this hype over Doorkickers has me eyeing it today. Gonna wait until the new stuff hits in just over 20 minutes first though. But i may let Steam-Gaf take me on this journey, since i really loved SWAT 4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Maxwood, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Deer God -- MB-C62CD8632635F36D - Taken by PunishedSnake. 65 entrants total.
Don't forget to choose a game for tomorrow's giveaway, see rules at original post.

t1419014147z1.png

Pachimari

It's been on my wishlist for a while. A coworker plays a lot of it and says its amazingly fun. I'm kind of waiting for it to get out of Early Access though...

From what I've watched of him playing it, its like a really nice looking minecraft in space. Build ships, dock them on stations, mine for stuff. etc. Lots of exploring and crafting

This line sold me on the game. I have been interested and had it on my wishlist for a while. I'm gonna watch a Let's Play and buy it when it's on sale next time.

Pachimari

Will the flash prices (the ones every 12 hours) go up here in 15 minutes or will they stay at that price for the next 12 hours as the games pages are counting down to? Let's say Doorkickers.

Nete

Will the flash prices (the ones every 12 hours) go up here in 15 minutes or will they stay at that price for the next 12 hours as the games pages are counting down to? Let's say Doorkickers.

They stay at that price. Once the countdown runs out, they will just have a minor discount.

Anustart

What's going on this sale?? Any other sale and we'd be almost needing a new topic by now. At this rate we'll only have 1 sale topic :/

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What are the combos and moveset like? Is this game a decent enough substitute in place of Bayonetta (I don't expect better just something like it e.g. fast, fluid and with combos).

I don't know :lol. You can buy new moves as upgrades but I haven't found a move list anywhere. Combat is fluid enough, not as deep as say, DMC (which is my only point of reference), but it gets the job done, more important than combos is the parrying system and being able to counter enemy attacks.

And Blade Mode of course! But it certainly is fast and fluid and balls out crazy action as you'd expect from a Platinum title.

Oh, I thought the old set were expiring.

Why do you say. I'm more apprehensive because it might appear in a humble bundle and it's early access.

I dunno, it sounded like you sort of wanted to buy it just because the deal was almost over... I don't get into those types of impulse purchases. ymmv

ironmang

Not sure if I should bite on Ryse at 35% off. Do flash sales on games like that get significantly better typically? If there is a flash sale of course.

BasilZero

No. That game is garbage, I can't speak for the sequel but the first is one of the worst games I played last gen(like top 5)

Eh you are referring to the console version which I have already played and enjoyed xD

I am talking about the pricing for the performance of the PC port lol

KiDdYoNe

God damn. Why damn Hack'n'Slash, it was on sale like a week ago. Damn Spider-Man will never be 60% off. Shit.

Getting Valkyria and Korra i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom