• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How long is FFXIII going to be on sale on SE's store? Want to see what it drops to on Steam but with the way these deals are going it will probably be 50% or something.

pahamrick

I sort of want a deal on FF13... I want to try it. It can't be that bad... can it? Currently playing FF14 and at times it feels like an online FF12 (which I loved)... I guess FF13 might be the opposite, ho ho.

$6.40 for a steam key for FF13 direct from Square Enix store at the moment.

Nice, I would have put that one on the front page

Black Flag is stand alone from the other games in the series right (story wise)? I don't need to have played 1-3 in order to play it?

It ties into the other games but the main character's story is mostly standalone to this game.

It's the only AC I've played and I enjoyed it without the backstory, just read up on the stuff about Assassins/Templars stuff that you don't understand.

Midn1ght

What's the point of getting this if you already have the previous game plus dlc?

From the Wikia :

The Director's Cut has the following new features:

- Improved Textures
- The Missing Link DLC is now fully integrated into the base game.
- Option to start New Game where previously selected Augmentations will carry over, similar to the New Game + mode of modern videogames.
- Overhauled Boss Battles, now enabling the player to be more pre-emptive and tactical when confronting bosses.
- 45 Minute "Making Of" video.
- Around 8 hours of commentary from Eidos Montreal
- By default Jensen will be able to regenerate two energy cells on all but the hardest difficulty.
Players can now use Jensen’s augmentation powers more freely.

zulux21

Why does a game like AC4 not get on the front page but says its a daily deal? same with MGR?

a lot of the times the dailies include games from the franchise beyond the one on the page.
thus when you see a game from the franchise on sale, but want a different game from that franchise you should check to see if it is also on sale but not listed.

for example borderlands 2 is also a daily deal.

Human_me

If you're going to get 1 AC game ever, get that one. Easily the best game in the series.

eh.
Its a good game Black Flag.
But its not really an Assassins Creed game.

It was more of a Pirate Simulator.
Which is no means bad at all.
Black flag is really fun.
But it just didn't feel like an assassins creed game.

Either way I do recommend getting Black flag.
Its £5 in the UK at the moment.

I sort of want a deal on FF13... I want to try it. It can't be that bad... can it? Currently playing FF14 and at times it feels like an online FF12 (which I loved)... I guess FF13 might be the opposite, ho ho.
Just buy 13-2 instead. I've never played it but I can guarantee you that ff13 is absoulte shit, the sequel however is a mystery

derExperte

it's weird that you do.
what is the point of the bundle... to get hack n slash, spacebase and an extra copy of spacebase... or is it just a giant rip off getting you to pay $3 more to get the same content you would from buying hack n slash (which I just bought because I had credit this time)

Double Fine simply forgot to remove the Spacebase gift, that's the only reason.

Pezus

Dang I bought Batman: AO a few weeks ago for $6.8 and haven't played it at all and now it's $4.99 here! Almost $2 lost.

Is it me or should Unity be at least 50% off? I mean, it was 50% off on Amazon recently I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom