• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Arkham City or Arkham Origin? Or both? Just played and loved Asylum so would love to catch up on the series before Knight.
I liked Origins better than City myself. The city is slightly more interesting, some of the detective stuff is cool even though it doesn't actually require you to do much but click the things it's pointing out for you. And I'd say the story is more interesting than City as well.

That said... City is a direct continuation of Asylum's story and I'm guessing Arkham Knight will continue some threads from it.

tauke

Tempted to get Arkham Origins but why do they not have a bundle like Arkham City?

Will see how after I complete Ground Zeroes...

Midn1ght

What's the difference between Black Flag Freedom Cry DLC and Freedom Cry Standalone ? 2 Different game ?

Edit : Used my brain for 2 seconds and guessed that one require the main game and not the other one...

Proxy

Nothing today even looks like much of deal barring Arkham Origins but I don't really care about that game. So another day of disappointing sales.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Castle Crashers getting a main page slot is a joke. Some of the other games are interesting but the discounts aren't great. Nothing for me again today.

teiresias

Thanks guys, went ahead and got both City and Origins since they were both on Daily (again, the whole "game series" daily thing they do) - both are $4.99 right now.

$10 down of my $50 sale budget. Now, back to Dark Souls :)

FoneBone

Arkham City or Arkham Origin? Or both? Just played and loved Asylum so would love to catch up on the series before Knight.

Both. Origins is kind of a rehash of City, and arguably inferior, but it's still worth the price.

EDIT: Unless you hate Arkham City, of course. Then don't bother.

Backlogger

Castle Crashers getting a main page slot is a joke. Some of the other games are interesting but the discounts aren't great. Nothing for me again today.

Yeah, Black Flag should have been on the front page. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to pull the trigger on that one today.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, the prices are really high for me with the damn Canadian dollar. Ubisoft with their goddamn $70 games. Wish other sites would sell Steam codes alongside uPlay.

Well, there's still many more days left and other sites to look through.

Freezard

City is amazing though?? I thought that was the universal opinion. I liked it a lot more than AA at least. It's like Batman Begins vs. TDK

Universal? I keep seeing different opinions on which is the best Arkham game, meaning they're all probably really good and you should play them all anyway. I've only played Asylum myself but it was pretty amazing.

Spyware

Ah, was waiting for Arkham Origins! Got Blackgate as a gift some time ago and didn't want to play it without playing Origins first.

Got Valkyria Chronicles too, finally, through family sharing. Yes, I bought a bunch of them to give away at release but didn't buy any for myself :p

Dang I bought Batman: AO a few weeks ago for $6.8 and haven't played it at all and now it's $4.99 here! Almost $2 lost.

Is it me or should Unity be at least 50% off? I mean, it was 50% off on Amazon recently I believe.

You're...not actually upset about that $2 are you.....?

From the Wikia :

The Director's Cut has the following new features:

- Improved Textures
- The Missing Link DLC is now fully integrated into the base game.
- Option to start New Game where previously selected Augmentations will carry over, similar to the New Game + mode of modern videogames.
- Overhauled Boss Battles, now enabling the player to be more pre-emptive and tactical when confronting bosses.
- 45 Minute "Making Of" video.
- Around 8 hours of commentary from Eidos Montreal
- By default Jensen will be able to regenerate two energy cells on all but the hardest difficulty.
Players can now use Jensen’s augmentation powers more freely.

My understanding is it's a buggy Wii U port that should have never replaced vanilla.

Jirotrom

Another day and the highest discount on my wishlist is 50% meaning $24.99 on Lords of the Fallen or $29.99 on Wolfestein.

Nop, not buying anything yet, I want those 75% discounts, but 66% would make me jump.

check green man gaming folks, cheaper there, buying wolfenstein now

KarmaCow

My understanding is it's a buggy Wii U port that should have never replaced vanilla.

It's based on older build and there are performance issues like stuttering (dunno how it's been patched) but it's still a good game. The commentary tracks are worth the $4 alone if you've played the game before.

pahamrick

The biggest issue with the DC is that they used the original 1.0 version of the game to add everything to, instead of the patched vanilla version. There are still things in DC that haven't been fixed that are fixed in the vanilla version, afaik.

If its the only version you can get, by all means play it.

However, for anyone who wants the vanilla version (or a +1) you can buy that still from the Square Enix store HERE for $8, and since its steamworks it'll activate on steam.

Speevy

Banned
What the hell? It keeps telling me Steam is having trouble updating or initializing my transaction. I tried different payment methods, restarting steam, what is this?

Salsa

What the hell? It keeps telling me Steam is having trouble updating or initializing my transaction. I tried different payment methods, restarting steam, what is this?

this has been happening to me and im not able to buy from the web since the sales started

it either says that or that the currency doesnt correspond to my region so it cant go through

the latter worries me, but the steam client's been fine

Just a heads up.

Green Man Gaming has similar "deals", but you can add a voucher code for 20% off on top of the deal. First come first served, as copies are depleted rather quick, but they do seem to replenish.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Here are two of the voucher codes.
DECEMB-202014-GREENM
WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

Got me Ground Zeroes for about 10 Bucks and Counter Strike for about 6 Bucks using these. Considering how these are the two best sellers of the current steam sale, go for it !

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Snagged black flag. For 10 bucks it's too good to pass up.

Pezus

Universal? I keep seeing different opinions on which is the best Arkham game, meaning they're all probably really good and you should play them all anyway. I've only played Asylum myself but it was pretty amazing.

Well I meant for the most part, both from media and forum goers (also real life friends).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom