• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyn

It is. $2.50 doesn't seem too bad to me...
True but knowing I could have gotten the game + the season pass for less on Nuuvem a few weeks back is enough to prevent me from buying it now. It's a sickness, I know but I'll just wait for a better deal.

Lomax

They abandoned it faster than the Cardassians abandoned Deep Space Nine and in a similar condition.

To be fair, the Cardassians kept trying to get DS9 back.

So whats the best way to get all of the Black Flag content? The normal and the season pass? The deluxe? Pointlessly confusing

The Gold package seems like the best but seems only to be available in North America. You could probably get someone to gift it to you if need be.

PixlSheX

Neo Member
I personally disliked City quite a bit. Loved Origins though. City's gameplay and narrative didn't mesh well, and that bothered me. The story wanted urgency, but the gameplay was about distracting the player.

Yes. Borderlands 2 is one of very few games that has literally so much content I can't complete it all. And I have >500 hours on it.

Thank you! This and DS2 was everything I wanted so that's it for me. I'll maybe get that FFXIII deal too but not sure yet about it. Anyways, thanks for the info!

alstein

Looking at GalCiv3, anyone got any impressions or recommendations?
Actually...I'm on a space kick lately so any good games in spess are cool too.

The game isn't finished right now- but it's looking pretty damn good though significantly more complex than GC2.

Should be a steal at $25. Recommend even I think Sorcerer King is the better Stardock EA product.

aku:jiki

Only after the wormhole was discovered. Which clearly means we can get Double Fine to return to the project if a portal to an unknown program/game is opened within the Starbase universe.
Too bad no mortal man can make the amount of clicks needed to pull that off with DF9's ridiculously poor UI.

I just tried to give it a chance and now I have carpal tunnel just from assigning one task to one worker.

Scrabble

Is Arkham Origins worth it for someone who vastly preferred Asylum over City? I have heard Origins has a good story, so i'm interested in it for that reason as well.

PaulLFC

Assassin's Creed Unity on sale, now matching the retail copy's price in EU. Nice deal, Steam/Ubisoft. I'm never going to understand the EU digital download tax.

Is Hack n Slash any good? Some Steam reviews are saying it gets stupidly complicated later on.
While not as bad as most other EU countries, the "RRP" of AC Unity is £45 in the UK
KuGsj.gif

£45 would be bad enough as it is (I don't think even COD has been that expensive and Activision are known for high prices, they were the ones who started this "PC games should cost £40" idea) - except the game was in such a shit state at launch charging anywhere near £45 for it is an absolute insult.

It's £30 currently, but that's still not as cheap as the PS4 version has been at retail, and nowhere near cheap enough to make me give it a chance given everything I've heard. Try again, Ubisoft. This time with less bugs and microtransactions.

Lomax

Only after the wormhole was discovered. Which clearly means we can get Double Fine to return to the project if a portal to an unknown program/game is opened within the Starbase universe.

I think the biggest problem with Spacebase DF-9 is that genre is really meant to be developed by a lone guy in a basement over years, slowly adding features here and there. DF tried to do a larger scale, faster made version of that, and the market just doesn't support it. Plus, the genre is well developed enough that people know tons of features they would want, but forget that usually takes many years to develop. It was just not a good match for DF in any way, and that should have been obvious for both them and users from the beginning. DoubleFine is best at bite sized games with singular concepts (like Hack n Slash, which I highly recommend, and still comes with a free copy of Spacebase).

Lain

Pretty cool that the losers of the community vote still receive a better discount compared to the base one. It makes me consider grabbing Spider-man 2.

Aaron D.

I thought I got away clean today before learning that Black Flag is $10.

Now I'm on the fence.

Also, I understand that BF is widely considered the best AC game to date, but what about the next in line? Is Brotherhood considered the second best? It's only $5 on the Daily.

Teppic

Worst Steam sale ever for me. The metagame sucks. Cards aren't worth anything. I've lost so much money on this. I'm never again going to bother with the Steam market after this sale, or Steam as a whole for that matter. It's not worth it anymore.

Elija2

Freedom Planet is $7.49 at the Humble Store. What are the odds that it will be a daily deal on Steam for even cheaper than that? Also I live in Canada so it's regular price is $2 more expensive on Steam.

Is Legend of Korra worth it for 10? I know it isn't as deep and fully fleshed out as other Platinum games, but is it at least a good, fun action game?

Xeroblade

Freedom Planet is $7.49 at the Humble Store. What are the odds that it will be a daily deal on Steam for even cheaper than that? Also I live in Canada so it's regular price is $2 more expensive on Steam.

I am holding off on this one too. It may get a flash sale or community vote.

Nyoro SF

Tempted to buy Valkyria Chronicle but then my budget for the sales would be almost gone...

Valkyria is my GOTY. I highly recommend it.

Worst Steam sale ever for me. The metagame sucks. Cards aren't worth anything. I've lost so much money on this. I'm never again going to bother with the Steam market after this sale, or Steam as a whole for that matter. It's not worth it anymore.

ESCALATION

While not as bad as most other EU countries, the "RRP" of AC Unity is £45 in the UK
KuGsj.gif

£45 would be bad enough as it is (I don't think even COD has been that expensive and Activision are known for high prices, they were the ones who started this "PC games should cost £40" idea) - except the game was in such a shit state at launch charging anywhere near £45 for it is an absolute insult.

It's £30 currently, but that's still not as cheap as the PS4 version has been at retail, and nowhere near cheap enough to make me give it a chance given everything I've heard. Try again, Ubisoft. This time with less bugs and microtransactions.
Except there is more than one place to buy games digitally on PC where you aren't forced to take the ridiculous prices like on consoles.

There are plenty of places where you can get Unity for £20 from authorised UK websites, I never understand why people only look at the steam store and then complain things are expensive, just madness!

rickyson1

nothing for me today,only thing i'm even a little bit interested in that I don't already have is fable anniversary but i'm waiting for that to go at least sub $10 if not even cheaper

Tempted to buy Valkyria Chronicle but then my budget for the sales would be almost gone...

do it,amazing game would be my GOTY but I think I like divinity original sin slightly more at this point(in the process of playing that at the moment)

Aaron D.

Bought a lot of cheap cards to make badges and thought I could make a tiny profit. Instead I wasted a lot of time and made a pretty huge loss.

Boy I'm gonna get coal in my stocking for this one, but this story pleases me.

Nothing personal, I've just got a bad history with profiteers.

Is it just me, or is the sale getting much worse every year. Daily deals with only 25% or 33% off. I know valkyria chronicles was only recently released but to me that is not a very impressive discount. Iirc it was available with that kind of discount for pre-orders.
Publishers may get more desirable price average, but I would have thought mediocre discounts will dampen overall sale revenue. I am not looking for any games in particular and have a massive backlog to get through, but if I see something I am interested in at 50% or more I am likely to bite. Metal gear, beyond earth and valkyria are of Interest but the price isn't quite there yet.

Martian

My wishlist for this sale

- Walking Dead season 2
- Game of thrones telltale
- Company of heroes 2

Perhaps Ardenne Assault as well, but im not sure yet. i mostly played skirmish mode in CoH1 and I dont know if AA has it/is worth it for the skirmish mode.

Want to pick up Bastion when it gets cheaper, also Brothers (my son's called Seb and he has a brother :) thought that'd be cool for Christmas) and one other, cheap game. That'll take my Backloggery to a cool 200. Happy days.

Samyy

GAF I have a 2 week vacation and I really want to play Rise of Nations, how much cheaper do you think it'll get to? I don't know if I want to burn some days away by waiting for a daily.

Is it just me, or is the sale getting much worse every year. Daily deals with only 25% or 33% off. I know valkyria chronicles was only recently released but to me that is not a very impressive discount. Iirc it was available with that kind of discount for pre-orders.
Publishers may get more desirable price average, but I would have thought mediocre discounts will dampen overall sale revenue. I am not looking for any games in particular and have a massive backlog to get through, but if I see something I am interested in at 50% or more I am likely to bite. Metal gear, beyond earth and valkyria are of Interest but the price isn't quite there yet.

I'm not blown away. Just bought a couple of things on my wishlist that were 50% off or better. None of the featured or 12-hour deals have interested me so far.

Ladekabel

Worth it tho.

GreenManGaming and the code DO IT

Valkyria is my GOTY. I highly recommend it.

VC is really good, you could wait for a better discount but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. I'd go for it.

It is a great game!

do it,amazing game would be my GOTY but I think I like divinity original sin slightly more at this point(in the process of playing that at the moment)

I'm tempted but I think I'll wait until the next sale. Would have to wait to long to play it immediatly... :(

Teppic

Boy I'm gonna get coal in my stocking for this one, but this story pleases me.

Nothing personal, I've just got a bad history with profiteers.
I don't see what's so bad about making a profit of something. Do you not vote on the community's choice yourself to get a card that you can sell?

thats like all on you

why would you do that lol
That's true, it's my own fault. I was hoping the winter card prices would match the summer card prices, or at least that I would break even.

Ultryx

Only game I've purchased so far is Doom 3 BFG Edition for $4.25. Wanted to bite on Dark Souls II but I'd like to see it for $9.99 or less.

The price for Dark Souls 2 is excellent, as is the game. Unless you're one of the people who want to wait for that DX11 version, I would buy it. I'm a huge fan of the series though, so it's only my opinion.

I'm pissed the season pass wasn't on sale. I've been waiting for that since the game came out. WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom