• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

yeah but i like metal gear :(

and it looks nice

guess i expected more like 10 instead of 2 gigs

Then buy it. If you like running different missions multiple times to optimize runs, looking for secrets and love metal gear solid, the game seems to be worth the $14. How many GBs it is seems irrelevant.

FoneBone

Also needs to be emphasized: as great as steam sales can be, other sites will often sell steam keys for cheaper than available through Steam itself. Check price histories on Enhanced Steam, and use Isthereanydeal.

Then buy it. If you like running different missions multiple times to optimize runs, looking for secrets and love metal gear solid, the game seems to be worth the $14. How many GBs it is seems irrelevant.

I was just expressing surprise that I wouldn't have to mess around with anything on my ssd to fit it, and I got to use the remote install for the first time.

Not the value statement so many seemed to take it as lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering Valve can only suggest deals that publishers need to agree to, not like ti's their fault entirely. Valve just can't say "Ok these games are going to be x% off and that's how it's gonna be!"

He's saying Valve could have made more space for featured deals (e.g. there being 8 half-day deals instead of 6).

FloatOn

I fucking love this time of year for the hype and the salty tears.

I don't even know what I'm in the mood to buy this year.

Waiting for the definitive edition of Dark Souls 2.

Doubt they'll get dailies but I'm waiting on DreadOut, Shantae, and Momodora III.
Nothing else on my mind for this sale it looks like.

Volotaire

Do you guys think DS2 will drop below the $15 it's at right now at any point, or should I just grab it now?

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

It's not going to go cheaper on Steam for this whole sale. It may vary on other stores like gamersgate, Amazon, etc.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I was surprised that Dark Souls II didn't get any discount at all in the Fall sale. And now, in one of the two biggest Steam sales of the year, none of the DLC gets even the slightest price cut ...

*grumbles*

Lomax

Considering Valve can only suggest deals that publishers need to agree to, not like ti's their fault entirely. Valve just can't say "Ok these games are going to be x% off and that's how it's gonna be!"

Valve doesn't suggest deals much at all any more. Before the winter sale, publishers submit two discounts. One for the entire sale, and another if they get chosen as a daily. Those rates are set by the publishers. But which games get put on dailies and how many dailies is totally up to Valve. In the year where Valve has more than doubled the number of games on their store, they are having fewer dailies than ever. Which means most games won't get as high of a discount as their publishers allowed for them.

Sure, if a daily is only 66% off instead of 75% we can complain some about the publisher's choices. But when that game sits the whole sale at 40% off and never gets a chance to be a daily at all, that's Valve's fault entirely.

Salsa

no regular discount on Valkyria Chronicles does not bode well for a daily :/

dleZ2Bf.png

probably what I was hoping for the most

and it was $7.5 in russia. blargh

fade_

I am not able to vote for anything. There's a counter for 24 hours but it didn't let me vote. Is this normal?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What're the odds that Lords of the Fallen will drop below the 50% that it's at right now? (deal ends 2nd Jan)

Branson

Oh shit I just remembered after buying it. MGR only runs at like 24fps on tvs hooked up through hdmi doesn't it? Fuck.

ground zeroes dl'ing

A07kXwK.gif

whats the word on flight sim x?

Mega on the first page was saying he got some word from friends second hand saying it's kind of disappointing as there was no modding or add on stuff right now.

But don't quote me on that... or him probably.

GAF, need your help. My best friend used to be obsessed with Civ 5.

Do I get him Crusader Kings 2 or Endless Legend?

Crusader kings is much deeper and harder to get into. Most would say more rewarding though. If you think he could be into that sure.

Endless Legend is much more like Civ though.

Spyware

Got Styx and Rising. Was sure I had bought Rising before but apparently not.
Is Ground Zeroes worth the current price? I'm a fan of the series but others have told me not to buy it. A bit conflicted. I'm not gonna buy games next year at all so it's either now or MUCH later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom