• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
KkksUNE.gif

Beyond Earth isn't going to go any cheaper is it? "WAIT FOR THE DAILIES" is confusing now with that stupid store/discovery update changing things around.

if it's a daily now then, no, it wont get cheaper, unless you want to wait and see what the GMGs of the world will do with their sales

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For someone who ignored the auction, what are the trading cards/gems/booster pack creator? I haven't been able to load the info page yet.

Gems are needed to make boosters for games you own. Gems were needed for the auction. To make gems, you recycle shit you don't want stuff from your inventory that could probably make you cash instead of turning into gems. But *shrug*

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Definitely picking up Flight Simulator X. Will be nice to wash off the stench of that F2P Flight game they released a few years ago.

I have been meaning to get into Metal Gear Solid franchise. Is it possible to have any idea what is going on in 5 if you haven't played the previous games? I am still dissapointed that the rumor of the a MG Collection for the new consoles/PC didn't happen. I know one exists on the PS3, my disc drive is broken and I am not buying a new one at this point.

L Thammy

Is it just those ten or so games at the beginning of the featured page that are the daily deals? Revengeance isn't on there.

Bytes

I'm glad I picked up Civilization BE for $25 from Amazon about 2-3 weeks ago, seeing as it is not going to go lower than $29.99 on Steam.

it's 1 map and it can be beaten in under 20 minutes

I aint spending 80 percent of my sale budget on that

For real. My wallet would whip me to death if I even spent $5 on Ground Zeroes. It's too short and I rarely re-play games and hate backtracking so I'm not buying this glorified demo.

it's 1 map and it can be beaten in under 20 minutes

I aint spending 80 percent of my sale budget on that

Yes, IIRC. It has all the VR missions and suits.

The entire game is a single map with different enemy placements and a few in-game cutscenes.
yeah but i like metal gear :(

and it looks nice

guess i expected more like 10 instead of 2 gigs
O8yCn34uU3xM.png

Limited sale? Is that a new feature on Steam store or just a trick on the developers part?

it showed up yesterday and looks like hot steaming shit so im assuming its a dumb trick

Haunted

Dungeon of the Endless is back up to 33% off.

Safe to assume that the daily deal will be 50% off at a later date then.

wait for the dailies!!!!!!
WAIT FOR THE DAILIES YOU BASTARDS

That said, it's a new game, so I would not be surprised if 50% off is the ceiling for this sale.

Salsa

Is it just those ten or so games at the beginning of the featured page that are the daily deals? Revengeance isn't on there.

usually when a newer game is on sale it means that game's whole franchise is discounted through the duration of that daily

Lomax

Seems like Steam is having less and less deals every major sale... Remember when it was like 12 daily deals and 3 new deals + community vote every 8 hours?
Which is contradicting the shear amount of games that have been added to the store in the past year.

The low number of deals is insane. There were more deals in the fall sale per day. This makes no sense at all. While I liked the auction, this winter sale seems like the laziest thing Valve has ever done. We can't blame Valve if the deals aren't as high as we would like, but we sure as hell can blame them for not putting enough stuff on sale.

Is there a way in which we can just get a full clear and concise list of the dailies? All I see is a load of blocks on the front page, then some more smaller ones at the bottom, then people saying if a game is linked to something on the main page because it's the same series (MGSV to Rising), and the whole thing becomes confusing.

ScribbleD

Argh. I own a boxed copy of DMC4 on PC, and every sale I have to talk myself out of double dipping just so I don't have to insert the disc to play.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
MGR is temping at $6.

Not sure what my plan is for this sale. If we get 4 packs going for Rise of Nations and Age of Mythology when those get daily/flash deals I will probably go for those, maybe two each since my brother wants them too. Maybe FFXIII if it goes to 66% off. Not sure if anything else is going to get a deep enough discount yet, or won't be something I can continue to put off.

Salsa

Is there a way in which we can just get a full clear and concise list of the dailies? All I see is a load of blocks on the front page, then some more smaller ones at the bottom, then people saying if a game is linked to something on the main page because it's the same series (MGSV to Rising), and the whole thing becomes confusing.

that's basically it

what you're seeing are all the dailies and flash deals. They are all in the OP. Usually when a game is on sale the older games in the series are too.

Thank you based OP for using IMGUR. Its the only image site thats not blocked at work. Now I dont have to guess whats on sale by reading the posts. :p

Unicorn

Just add all games to your wishlist lol.

Braag

Argh. I own a boxed copy of DMC4 on PC, and every sale I have to talk myself out of double dipping just so I don't have to insert the disc to play.

I bought it during last sale for 4.99 for that exact same reason. I owned the boxed copy and I hate inserting discs to play games.
I've double dipped on couple of other games as well for this reason when they were cheap.

Rapstah

The determiner нет (njet) controls the genitive in the noun of which there aren't any, which for игра́ (igrá) is и́гр (ígr) in the genitive plural. для вас (dlja vas) is fine, though.

нет игр для вас!

Kalor

It looks like the discounts for most games are appearing on the wishlist now. Must of been a weird load error or the discounts weren't applied.

Volcynika

The low number of deals is insane. There were more deals in the fall sale per day. This makes no sense at all. While I liked the auction, this winter sale seems like the laziest thing Valve has ever done. We can't blame Valve if the deals aren't as high as we would like, but we sure as hell can blame them for not putting enough stuff on sale.

Considering Valve can only suggest deals that publishers need to agree to, not like ti's their fault entirely. Valve just can't say "Ok these games are going to be x% off and that's how it's gonna be!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom