• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Bought Metal Gear Rising, Freedom Cry dlc for black flag, Ass Creed Liberation and the Arkham Origin Season pass today. I have 7 ass creed games now.. (and don't even have Unity)

Teggy

Indiegala is giving away a free copy of This War of Mine if you spend $30 in their story. Picked up Wasteland 2 ($29) and Night of the Rabbit. There are some decent 99 cent games in there too if you want to just push it over $30. TWoM has never been lower than $17 and I doubt Wasteland 2 will go much lower than a few dollars during this Steam sale.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
8 hour flash deal on the Humble Store for Killer is Dead, it's $6.79 (only $0.10 more expensive than the lowest price it's ever been).

tumblr_nb2wlxeNmW1rx9kqio1_500.gif

tumblr_mo7107iSDR1qcq2vho1_500.gif

TomPUH

Bought Rocksmith hoping that I'd be able to find a real tone cable for less than £25. Only one I found comes from Canada. Well that's taught me to do my research first.

How is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?

It's cheap on the Humble store. Better to wait for a sale of the new one?

It's super awesome, but I don't know what to compare it to that might help convince you. It plays great both solo and co-op and I had fun going back through and trying to beat the clear times with a friend/getting all the secrets. It's just a well made little shooter/adventure game.

I played very little of the first one (like 3 levels), and similarly of the second one. And I've seen other people play different parts of them. The only Doom game I fully completed was Doom 64.

Crazy question: can you downsample Doom, and does it benefit from it? :O

I don't know what version is on Steam but downsampling is possible with zdoom. Although I cannot attest to the magnitude of the benefit for something like Doom.

Aaron D.

BFG is technically a downgrade over the original. The New content is just reused assets from the original release, no mods, and, I believe, no real time shadows.

Sweet. Thanks.

Boughten. (Edit: OG)

I would say 2/Brotherhood is considered the best to date, BF was just a return to that era after the disappointments of Revelations and 3. So yes for the love of good, buy Brotherhood.

Alrighty then. Thanks for making me poorer.

How is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?

sZm8bUu.jpg

Better than the new one.

jrcbandit

I played Black Flag some on the PS4, is it worth getting on pc? I can brute force playing it with 970 SLI. I may finally finish it, plus I got an itch to try Freedom Cry. Is the DLC worth it?

Is there still acommunity for guns of icarus? Been wanting to play the game, and that price is great... but don't want to waste it if the community is more or less dead at this point.

I played Black Flag some on the PS4, is it worth getting on pc? I can brute force playing it with 970 SLI. I may finally finish it, plus I got an itch to try Freedom Cry. Is the DLC worth it?

Since it's stand alone, just get Freedom Cry on PC. Black Flag isn't worth a repurchase, especially if you're into online which is mostly a ghost town.

pahamrick

How is the new Civ? Worth $30?

It's okay, but there were a lot of issues at launch. I haven't touched it since launch because I had to wait for a patch, then when it got patched a couple weeks ago I didn't bother getting back into it. Which is a shame, because it was a gift from a friend so I could play multi with him but he hasn't touched it since launch either because of the 144hz monitor bug or something.

I'd wait for some expansions or a complete edition if you can.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We're anticipating Korra to get ripped off the market soon, yes? JaseC I summon thee.

Not JaseC but I believe the prevailing theory is that Activision will most likely renew their license for Korra for another year. The fact that they dumped several of their licensed games from Steam earlier today lends this some credibility.

Of course the only way to be 100% certain that you won't miss out is to buy it this second.

What say you Steamgaf, is incomplete Spacebase still worth $6 or $7 or whatever

I dont't like it. Bought it when it first came out because the concept sounded neat and its a DoubleFine game so it should be good. When I played it it was a broken mess with little to do so I put in the backlog to play when the game was finished but then they wen't and canceled it. I find the idea that they continue to promote and sell an incomplete game like this to be pretty shitty. Don't give them your money and spend it on something else instead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ryse worth $20? Yes/no?

No. I wouldn't recommend it all to be honest.

Picked up Dark Souls 2 and Trails in the Sky

Trails in the sky is an amazing but probably was gonna go on daily deal sale anyway. Make sure you use a 360 controller to play as I've found it's the most fun option. Though you need to mess with the config settings to make everything play nice.

ricki42

Indiegala is giving away a free copy of This War of Mine if you spend $30 in their story. Picked up Wasteland 2 ($29) and Night of the Rabbit. There are some decent 99 cent games in there too if you want to just push it over $30. TWoM has never been lower than $17 and I doubt Wasteland 2 will go much lower than a few dollars during this Steam sale.

Was tempted to take advantage of this, but some of the discounts on indiegala are a bit... steep
3nHhWrd.png

xINfzUu.png

DyCyIF6.png

Is there still acommunity for guns of icarus? Been wanting to play the game, and that price is great... but don't want to waste it if the community is more or less dead at this point.

Since it's stand alone, just get Freedom Cry on PC. Black Flag isn't worth a repurchase, especially if you're into online which is mostly a ghost town.

I'm pretty over Assassin's Creed at this point (which is sad, because after ACB, it was under consideration for my favorite series), and I hate, hate, HATE going back to games I've finished and playing DLC (unless it's as substantial as an expansion pack), but I've heard enough mentions of Freedom Cry in a positive context that I'm willing to write off the $2.49 Amazon wants for it.

Edit: Seems $2.49 is for the DLC version, which is fine, because I have ACIV, but it may have been worth the extra $1.25 to not have to redownload ACIV on my slow internet.

Not JaseC but I believe the prevailing theory is that Activision will most likely renew their license for Korra for another year. The fact that they dumped several of their licensed games from Steam earlier today lends this some credibility.

Of course the only way to be 100% certain that you won't miss out is to buy it this second.

Thanks jshackles, I'll hold out and hope for a cheaper deal. I bought the superior Bayonetta 2 already so I can wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom