• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixdiggit

Ryse worth $20? Yes/no?

I liked it enough to play it all the way through and even a bunch of the multiplayer. It's kind of one of those games you play when you just want to turn your brain off and unwind with some pretty graphics and brutal ass kickings.

Still, $20 buys you a lot these days...

maaaaaaaaaaaaan only 25% off valk chronicles? meh, i'll just wait. i've had the game on ps3 for years. i'm sure it runs/looks better on pc but it runs and looks good enough (still) on ps3. sub $10 or no sale!

also i wish lords of the fallen went on daily already so i could buy it. getting an ichy trigger finger!

maaaaaaaaaaaaan only 25% off valk chronicles? meh, i'll just wait. i've had the game on ps3 for years. i'm sure it runs/looks better on pc but it runs and looks good enough (still) on ps3. sub $10 or no sale!

also i wish lords of the fallen went on daily already so i could buy it. getting an ichy trigger finger!

It's not sub-$10, but it's $12.00 on GMG and (as you well know, since you have it on PS3) worth every penny.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cosmic Schwung, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cosmic Schwung, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Thief: The Master Thief Edition -- MB-924DDA3F860E78AD - Taken by Panda Rin. 64 entrants total.

t1419040485z1.png

Unsure if posted or appropriate, but Dragon Age Origin Ultimate Edition PC Download $5 @ gamestop, unfortunately an origin only key, but if that's not a huge deal I highly recommend it for everybody.

Broke down and picked up Ground Zeroes and Revengeance, even though I'm leaving my gaming PC for two weeks tomorrow morning and I'm not playing anything but Dragon Age for the foreseeable future anyway. Such are the dangers of a weak will and getting a larger than expected paycheck this morning.

Havent bought anything except 2 games with gems in the auction! I will buy a lot of the indie games on my wishlist at the end of the sale though.

C4rter

Due to heavy load in a German Key Shop and therefore placing 17 instead of the desired single order, I came across more than one Steam Key for The Journey Down Chapter One. It was given away for free yesterday.

I received a total of 6 keys, maybe the rest is still on the way or they deleted the rest, I don't know but have at it. I hope they all work.

As far as I know, there is no region lock on these keys, but I'm no expert in understanding SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/220090/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-7F11A1A14CB210CF - Taken by Rand6
The Journey Down Chapter One #2 -- MB-FC154C0D7B652FDC - Taken by fuzzy123
The Journey Down Chapter One #5 -- MB-E44B0052C996AC5B - Taken by itschris
The Journey Down Chapter One #4 -- MB-DECC0378E0D22968 - Taken by malcher
The Journey Down Chapter One #3 -- MB-C6AD388D47AC0AAA - Taken by Yrael

Marow

Can you play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes without having played the series before? I really want to get into MGS, but who knows if (when?) the rest of the games will pop up :(

Stupid greenmangaming. Haven't been able to make a payment in months. CS haven't returned any of my messages either.

Anyone think other sites will match their Alien for $20 with voucher?

-Deimos

Can you play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes without having played the series before? I really want to get into MGS, but who knows if (when?) the rest of the games will pop up :(

GZ doesn't offer much in terms of story, so you're probably good on that end.

ricki42

Modbot giveaways say we need 5 posts in the steam thread. Is it talking about the community one or this one?

From what I understand modbot defaults to the current Steam community thread unless otherwise specified (and if specified the link to the thread will be given).

Is Borderlands Presequels worth it for the current price? Or should I wait for a better deal.

I would like to know this as well. It's pretty new though, so 50% off isn't bad.

user237

Modbot giveaways say we need 5 posts in the steam thread. Is it talking about the community one or this one?

I believe it would be this thread, or the previous community thread (not the current community thread) because modbot is pointed here.

Coldsun

Banned
Kind of glad Borderlands the Pre-Sequel went on sale today. X Boss and his kids are coming over tomorrow for the wife's party and his kids love Borderlands but havent picked up the pre-sequel yet.

So hey, for a few bucks they get to play the game on 2 triple monitor computers together.

Is Borderlands Presequels worth it for the current price? Or should I wait for a better deal.

Game has kinda meh reviews, not a bad game apparently but just more of the same, I'd wait, plus if there's any more DLC coming you can grab all of it at once in one of the future sales. Matter of taste though, I'm not hurting for stuff to play so I don't mind waiting.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Is Assassin's Creed 4 a decent port? I'm really feeling an AC game, but my computer is pretty weak. I'd rather get Brotherhood then spend $10 on a game that won't work.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

There is a backstory option for you to catch up with the basics of the story. Note that this doesn't cover up all games, just the ones most related to Ground Zeroes

Josman

I hate
love
steam sales, I said I wasn't going to buy any Ubisoft game as long as they kept their shitty Uplay client, but AC Black Flag is so damn cheap...

Must.resist.Gaben.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is Assassin's Creed 4 a decent port? I'm really feeling an AC game, but my computer is pretty weak. I'd rather get Brotherhood then spend $10 on a game that won't work.

I'm running an i5 3750 @4.2GHZ with a GTX970 and the game and the game is running at a solid 60fps with everything as high as it goes. With the exception of PhysX because I was getting weird frame drops.

The port feels pretty good but it depends on your specs I suppose.

Stupid greenmangaming. Haven't been able to make a payment in months. CS haven't returned any of my messages either.

Anyone think other sites will match their Alien for $20 with voucher?

call your bank, some banks block greenmangaming cause they think they're a gambling site or something. I called mines(capital one) and ive been able to buy from there ever since.

Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Civ: Beyond Earth or Gal Civ III?

Can only justify one of them at that price (and the time required).

Endless Legend (though it hasn't been a daily yet), is also a tempting alternative, but I never really got into Endless Space. (Leaning towards Civ since I'm 70+ hours into Civ V, vs. 4 for Endless Space).

Haunted

I'm hoping that Endless Legend drops a bit more. Though I don't know when I would play it.
Dungeon of the Endless was marked as a daily deal at 50% off a couple minutes before the sale started, so it's safe to say that this will occur sometime during the sale.

It's likely that the same applies to Endless Legend.

Beelzebubs

Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Civ: Beyond Earth or Gal Civ III?

Can only justify one of them at that price (and the time required).

Endless Legend (though it hasn't been a daily yet), is also a tempting alternative, but I never really got into Endless Space. (Leaning towards Civ since I'm 70+ hours into Civ V, vs. 4 for Endless Space).

I don't know, I don't think Civ: BE seems too different from V to justify it's purchase yet. I'm personally waiting til it gets an expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom