• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've bought two games since the sale started, and neither were purchased through Steam directly. Disappointing.

Hoping for something good on Trails though.

Maddocks

All I need to know is if This War of Mine is going to drop more in price. Right now it is only at 15%, but is there a possibility it will drop to 20-30-40 maybe?

Shengar

Would Galciv 3 turned out to be good? I mean it still in early access, and I wonder if should picked it up instead of Sins of the Solar Empires.

Nabs

All I need to know is if This War of Mine is going to drop more in price. Right now it is only at 15%, but is there a possibility it will drop to 20-30-40 maybe?

There's even a chance it'll drop to 90%.

You could just go to indiegala and buy it there. If you spend 30 dollars in their store (not 29.99), you'll get it for free. "Spend at least $30 in an unique transaction on our store, and get a FREE copy of This War Of Mine."

So pick up something like Wasteland 2 and ZenoClash 2, and walk out happy.

https://www.indiegala.com/store

Panda Rin

seems pretty likely it will at be a flash/community vote

vSgwMPw.png

Maddocks

seems pretty likely it will at be a flash/community vote

vSgwMPw.png

There's even a chance it'll drop to 90%.

You could just go to indiegala and buy it there. If you spend 30 dollars in their store (not 29.99), you'll get it for free. "Spend at least $30 in an unique transaction on our store, and get a FREE copy of This War Of Mine."

So pick up something like Wasteland 2 and ZenoClash 2, and walk out happy.

https://www.indiegala.com/store

Thanks and Thanks. I'll hold off for awhile.

Would Galciv 3 turned out to be good? I mean it still in early access, and I wonder if should picked it up instead of Sins of the Solar Empires.
Unless you really like gal civ 2, I'd recommend picking up sins over gal civ 3 right now. They usually end up being amazing but that can take years of free patches and balance changes. I don't know where they are in gal civ 3 right now, and I have no doubt it will be amazing eventually, but if you're on the fence I don't think you should buy it right now.

guys Rising is great stop asking such silly questions

you dont have to like metal gear

gameplay is fun

set pieces are awesome

story is stupid and fun

shut up buy it shut up

This man speaks the truth.
Shut the fuck up and buy MGR:R.

Did they forget to post the whole "WAIT FOR THE DAILIES" gifs and such or did you just decide to ignore them?

Shengar

Unless you really like gal civ 2, I'd recommend picking up sins over gal civ 3 right now. They usually end up being amazing but that can take years of free patches and balance changes. I don't know where they are in gal civ 3 right now, and I have no doubt it will be amazing eventually, but if you're on the fence I don't think you should buy it right now.

Sins haven't been in dailies right?

The damage:

Traded in Smash bros wii U for steam cards: $40 bucks + 10 dollars on a debit card I have.

Total: $50 dollars

Subtracted from that for:

Doorkickers($9.99)
MGSV:GZ(13.89)
Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition(I forgot but I remember it being under 10 bucks)

Summary:

$11.87(sold some steam cards to make up an extra dollar).

I'd say I've been pretty thrifty, I resisted the temptations to buy some stuff that I didn't really want but kind of wanted.

Maddocks

Did they forget to post the whole "WAIT FOR THE DAILIES" gifs and such or did you just decide to ignore them?

I don't follow steam enough to know if it is considered a daily deal or a long prolonged deal. So I asked to be sure instead of being a hot head and impulse buying like most do.

Just beat Sam I'm mgr. Good fight. Wondering something though from the next area, two of those small arm robots on top of each other materialized in front of me. I saw the same thing on a ledge at the top of the building but couldn't get to it.

Are these things special?

First... let's deal with the asshole part of my post that I'm required to post for... uh... legal reasons?

Strange question for the sale thread.
Also, you know, you could just google it.
But here, let me do all the work for you.

With that out of the way, here's a helpful bit of info:

Yes, they're special in that there are 5 or 6 of them hidden around and if you kill them all in one playthrough you get an achievement.

You can farm the one in the beginning of chapter 2 for some good BP if you need it (run forward to the first battle, quickly finish it, run back to the start).

--

I didn't enjoy it and the steam sales compelled me.

No one would play with me. ;_; I got good and everything guys, probably the last time I'll buy something I don't like in the hopes of playing with people. :( It always ends in tears.

You did the right thing. I give you a gold star.

Salsa

I didn't enjoy it and the steam sales compelled me.

No one would play with me. ;_; I got good and everything guys, probably the last time I'll buy something I don't like in the hopes of playing with people. :( It always ends in tears.

get the 3DS version

we'll play

Burt

Alright. It's that time of night during that time of year.

What's my first official drunk Steam sale purchase of the holiday season gonna be?

I don't have a 3DS though.

tumblr_lotxf4Dj9m1qlfu1ho1_500.gif

Thank you.

My new friend, you are racking up CF points like you wouldn't believe.
Not having a 3DS... wanna buy mine? Let me dust it off first and make sure it still works.

So its go time: Is Doorkickers worth 10 bucks?

No.
It's worth exactly $8.62.
No more, no less.

well that's your first mistake

I don't think so...

--

And for future reference, new Steam sales people, I made this to show exactly what qualifies as a "daily":

2014-12-19_22-38-57.png

tcrunch

Going by these reviews, is Arkham Origins not even worth the $5? I haven't played the other two but they look safe review-wise.

Bebpo

Banned
Is Killer is Dead a nice upgrade from the console versions? Still have it in my PS3 backlog and the cell-shading style hides a lot of the console IQ issues.

user237

Does it make any difference to developers whether we get a game from Steam or from GMG? (In terms of supporting them financially)

kurahador

Going by these reviews, is Arkham Origins not even worth the $5? I haven't played the other two but they look safe review-wise.

It's good, just buggy. Just make sure you don't dangle on the edge of a bridge too much.

Also...AO has the best Batman and actual boss fights.

Lomax

Does it make any difference to developers whether we get a game from Steam or from GMG? (In terms of supporting them financially)

It's widely believed that all the stores take the same cut (30%) just some give part of that cut to consumers as a discount (ie GMG's vouchers). The only way to give 100% to developers is with something like a humble bundle that lets you choose the allocation. Of course, what's best for developers is for you to pay as much as you can.

Anustart

First... let's deal with the asshole part of my post that I'm required to post for... uh... legal reasons?

With that out of the way, here's a helpful bit of info:

--

You did the right thing. I give you a gold star.

Well, there's a lot worse things people can talk about in threads, like starting a new ALPACALYPSE with a thousand people saying please alpacaficate me!

I try to avoid googling stuff on my first playthrough of a game to avoid spoilers of any sort though, why I asked here. Now, I was still lazy because I didn't go to the MGR thread (if there is one), but it's just because I love you so much frost!

Teeth

Did you like the previous Batman games? Would you like to play another that is slightly better in some ways and somewhat worse in others? Then you would probably like AO.

If you are the type of person that describes games as "soulless" with a straight face and thinks it actually means something, it probably isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom