• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithos

Gold Member
First time (year) I picked something up.

Dead Space 2 (Steam) €2.49, own the first and third game already.
Skyrim: Legendary Edition (GMG) £5.44 with 20% off code.

Danielsan

Enjoy guys

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Danielsan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-E33B758F85D65ED6 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-8A5BF65A712E6EAD - Taken by Tektonic. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-BC96667112A1C4EE

t1419074026z1.png

AMUSIX

OK, so Doorkickers has not been a daily/12 hour title yet?.....at 40%, it's already a pretty nice deal...but I suppose there's a chance for 60%....though that's only an additional $4 savings....

Damnit, someone make this decision for me!

Tizoc

OK, so Doorkickers has not been a daily/12 hour title yet?.....at 40%, it's already a pretty nice deal...but I suppose there's a chance for 60%....though that's only an additional $4 savings....

It was recently a Flash deal...which ended like 2 hours ago IIRC.

It'll be 40% off til the last day of the sale, so wait and see if it is a flash/daily/community choice til then. Though $4 may not seem too significant, with so many games on sale it's enough that it can mean a whole other game or two in your library!

A large part of that would be because it launched without mouse support for menus. Lionhead claims that releasing the game with mouse support and mod support wasn't feasible without delaying it, opting for the latter, but that sounds utterly ridiculous to me.

Did I miss something? Is Fable an RTS now?

I'm keen to get Ryse to see what it looks like on my 780. I wonder if this is as cheap as it will go?

I dunno, depends on the results of the vote, I suppose.

I bought it a couple of sales ago and forgot lol. Maybe I should boot it up.

Nah, you're not really missing much. It's a mindless GoW clone with some camp value that gets old quickly. It suffers from terrible pacing issues (there are 3 bosses, only one of which is any sort of conventional boss as you'd expect in a GoW clone). For the price, it's okay... but there are a lot of other games I'd have rather booted up and finished in my backlog.

The best thing about it? There's an achievement for skipping ALL cutscenes. LOL

Simple:
Code:
HAS IT BEEN A DAILY? 
          ||
----------  -----------
|                    |
YES                  NO
|                    |
BUY                  WAIT

It's possible for it to go lower in a daily than it was on a flash, I think.
So hold steady and wait for the daily (or at least the flash) before you buy.

koma

Sometimes it's hard to wait for dailies, too many days untill the 2th of january.. but i will! I january i should have some vacations, i'm ready to play 24/7 :O

alstein

Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Civ: Beyond Earth or Gal Civ III?

Can only justify one of them at that price (and the time required).

Endless Legend (though it hasn't been a daily yet), is also a tempting alternative, but I never really got into Endless Space. (Leaning towards Civ since I'm 70+ hours into Civ V, vs. 4 for Endless Space).

GalCiv III easily. Beyond Earth is terrible. Seeing a lot of folks I know call Beyond Earth their most disappointing game of 2014.

Look into Age of Wonders III instead if you're thinking of Endless Legend.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a pretty game to consider:
ss_baa639bf7f626c9f7e3eae7a6ff5a873474bd421.jpg

ss_cd7ca78f3885f3aeddebaf35f04d23fc40e6bc67.jpg

ss_5d15751e5a4998ae098f76e8695180649a6e1f29.jpg

It's called Amphora and it's -15% off, it just released in November.

For more pretty games to consider:

Sentris at 20% off. It's basically a puzzle game where you compose music, which is fitted into circles, so that tunes play as the circles rotate. Still in Early Access, so it's a work in progress.

The Sun and Moon at 20% off. Platformer where you can dive into the ground and keep your momentum from jumping. It looks fucking ridiculous. Aesthetic looks neat too:

The Floor is Jelly. Platformer where the platforms are jelly. Has a really relaxing soundtrack by the Fez/Hyperlight Drifter guy.

C4rter

Nobody wanted them with the NOLURKERS option so now as a free for all:

Due to heavy load in a German Key Shop and therefore placing 17 instead of the desired single order, I came across more than one Steam Key for The Journey Down Chapter One. It was given away for free yesterday.

I received a total of 6 keys, maybe the rest is still on the way or they deleted the rest, I don't know but have at it. I hope they all work.

As far as I know, there is no region lock on these keys, but I'm no expert in understanding SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/220090/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-7F11A1A14CB210CF - Taken by Rand6
The Journey Down Chapter One #2 -- MB-FC154C0D7B652FDC - Taken by fuzzy123
The Journey Down Chapter One #5 -- MB-E44B0052C996AC5B - Taken by itschris
The Journey Down Chapter One #4 -- MB-DECC0378E0D22968 - Taken by malcher
The Journey Down Chapter One #3 -- MB-C6AD388D47AC0AAA - Taken by Yrael

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One #5 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One #4 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Journey Down Chapter One #3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

I bought it at 9.99 with much hesitation and now it is my favorite game, I'm gonna make a thread on it tomorrow or the next day but if you miss oldschool Rainbow Six(not vegas but the actual Big Boy Rainbow Six games with tactical planning, loadouts, skillsets, etc.) then you will be absolutely enthralled with Door Kickers.

It's RB6 3: Raven Shield with an Xcom esque perk/soldier progression system with permadeth,Equipment, a level editor, mods, workshop support, possible Multiplayer mode soon, and a whole slew of campaigns that are still being released(there's about 4 or 5 now? they are pretty good sized) on top of training modes, single levels, and a rating system.

Great AI too.

Talyn

If anyone wants a better deal on Arkham Origins it's currently on sale at Nuuvem for R$7.99 BRL which was like $3.08 USD when I bought it just a few minutes ago. Sadly, the season pass doesn't appear to be on sale.

XBP

If anyone wants a better deal on Arkham Origins it's currently on sale at Nuuvem for R$7.99 BRL which was like $3.08 USD when I bought it just a few minutes ago. Sadly, the season pass doesn't appear to be on sale.

Bought (even though I have it on my PS3 :( ) . The season pass seems to be on sale for 5.79$ on steam

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Those Batman prices seem pretty damn good!

Can I follow the story in city without playing Asylum first? Think I'd prefer the open-world setting more than the first myself.

Guffers

Those Batman prices seem pretty damn good!

Can I follow the story in city without playing Asylum first? Think I'd prefer the open-world setting more than the first myself.

Yep it's a prequel so you can go in completely cold if you like. You're missing out if you never play asylum though, that game is a stone cold classic.

grimmiq

It looks like her neck is sticking out forward farther than it should, you have to admit it looks kinda weird.

She's also in the middle of a war, makes sense if she keeps her head down while she runs considering she's a lightly armoured scout.

Yep it's a prequel so you can go in completely cold if you like. You're missing out if you never play asylum though, that game is a stone cold classic.

Pretty sure City is a sequal while Origins is the prequal..I recall Bane referencing things that happened in Asylum. EDIT: Apparently City is 1 year after Asylum and Knight is 1 year after City.

Manik

I bought it at 9.99 with much hesitation and now it is my favorite game, I'm gonna make a thread on it tomorrow or the next day but if you miss oldschool Rainbow Six(not vegas but the actual Big Boy Rainbow Six games with tactical planning, loadouts, skillsets, etc.) then you will be absolutely enthralled with Door Kickers.

It's RB6 3: Raven Shield with an Xcom esque perk/soldier progression system with jpermadeth,Equipment, a level editor, mods, workshop support, possible Multiplayer mode soon, and a whole slew of campaigns that are still being released(there's about 4 or 5 now? they are pretty good sized) on top of training modes, single levels, and a rating system.

Great AI too.

Argh, so tempting. Really wish it was more than a 50% discount.

AMUSIX

It's RB6 3: Raven Shield with an Xcom esque perk/soldier progression system with permadeth,Equipment, a level editor, mods, workshop support, possible Multiplayer mode soon, and a whole slew of campaigns that are still being released(there's about 4 or 5 now? they are pretty good sized) on top of training modes, single levels, and a rating system.

Great AI too.

And this sold me....buying it at the current price.

One of my best experiences with tactical games was spending well over an hour setting up a lengthy and systematic tactical sweep of a facility in R6. I took the role of a sniper on a nearby vantage point, and laid out tons of waypoints for three separate teams, all choreographed carefully, having teams move stealthily to get into various positions, entering rooms from opposite doors, clearing one area then setting up to cover another team who would be sweeping nearby...just tons of stuff that was rather tricky to arrange in the game's system.

Then we went into the mission....

turns out all the interior walls were glass.

One of the greatest total failures I've ever enjoyed.

Jintor

Great AI too.

fukkin sold

i'll see if it goes lower tho

Nete

Argh, so tempting. Really wish it was more than a 50% discount.

Has been just 2 months since it's official launch after Early Access, you won't see it under that 50% for a bit.

And even at the current -40%, is worth all the pennies. I mean:

http://a.pomf.se/wmpprv.webm

You know you want it.

You may wait if it goes again on a flash/daily for that extra 10%, but it's an excellent game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of XBP, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (XBP, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-9D3E93E9EA32D48B - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 -- MB-998CF17881B0AADD - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Neighbours From Hell Compilation -- MB-FD269580186D0893 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-23709E1A1B112051
Populous -- MB-F07526A816F6DE4E
Mirrors Edge -- MB-2DF65BD0D3127658 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-9BBAC70912D28956 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.

t1419073726z1.png

During Steam sale: Can you see Alien Isolation dropping lower than the £12.80 that the game is selling for on GMG (includes 20% off code)?

Videospel

Deus Ex GOTY is pretty cheap now at 1.74€. I know a lot of people love it, but is it really as playable today? I remember trying it out some years ago, and I remember how sluggish I found it. The character seemed to move so slowly. Maybe you can upgrade your speed or something later in the game? I really want to like it.

NEO0MJ

So, is there any way to buy DLC without the game? I want to buy some tracks from the original Rocksmith to play in V2014 but Steam won't let me buy them without the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom