• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

I'm undecided... I only have Unity, but I have played all of this games except for Liberations and Freedom Cry on consoles (PS3). Figured it would be nice to have the collection.

Do it. All of that for less than the price of a broken Unity at launch.

hmmm what exactly does this mean? That the game won't save offline from GFWL, or we wont be able to play it offline at all?

you wont be able to play it period

I thought you would be able to play if you was able to start up the game at least once before the servers shut down so GFWL could create a valid profile :/

I bought AC:Brotherhood and MGRR. I can't remember my Uplay login and it refuses to send me a new password. You have to love Ubi.

Lomax

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

I'm undecided... I only have Unity, but I have played all of this games except for Liberations and Freedom Cry on consoles (PS3). Figured it would be nice to have the collection.

If you're just buying for the collection, I'd wait on everything still at $30 base price or more, it's clear over time the base price will be reduced to $20.

Is it more approachable (user friendly) than Crusader Kings 2?

I go stuck in the tutorial (due to a bug I think) and have not touched it since.
Sorry didn't see this. Honestly, I don't think so. It's more intense and further removed than CK2. By further removed I mean that you control a country rather than a person/lineage so it's more abstract. If you like CK2 there's a good chance you'll like EU4. If you don't like CK2 then I think there's a good chance you won't like EU4.

_woLf

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

That's a crazy good price and should last you a long time. Do it.

Rizific

how is war in the north? i remember seeing a trailer a long time ago and being sort of hyped for it, then it kinda just fell off my radar. worth the $5?

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

I'm buying them as I play them. No need to buy them overpriced when they will be at the backlog for months.

dhlt25

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

Do ittt! I did it in the last sale. Only played ass creed 1 so far but I need to have all the games in a series.

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

You'll burn yourself out, especially with some of the weaker entries. I'd say that it's not worth it. Plus, some of them will be cheaper in the future.

EDIT: I missed the last caveat. In that case, just wait until they're all super cheap in the distant future. Buy something that you'd actually want to play now, instead.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Maxwood, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valiant Hearts -- MB-A8BD33B3618C2414 - Taken by Ruruja. 63 entrants total.
To whoever wins, please don't forget to PM your choice for tomorrow's giveaway, see original post at around 1957 in the Steam December II Thread for the rules.

t1419111955z1.png

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

Definitely! The games are really fun stabby collectathons.
I just need to purchase AC:IV and AC:U on Steam and I'll have all AC games on Steam myself :)

Ventara

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

Don't do it. Buying them just to own the collection is pointless, and will start you down a collection addiction.

dhlt25

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

to give you some more motivations

nice to have everything in your library even tho you don't play them yet :p

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

yea but do you OWN those games on console or just played or borrowed them? If you dont own em id say yes, if not save your money and just get the two you dont have.

BasilZero

Dear Steam Gaf,

Should I?

Keep everything $7.49 and below.

Actually if you never played any of the other AC games...get

AC1
AC2
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations

Then once you beat them all - get III, Liberation and Freedom Cry next year :eek:.

lavarock

Neo Member
Following the post about LTTP Wolfenstein: The New Order, it's currently 50% off. Wondering if it will be lower during the sale before pulling the trigger.

Maushimo

Neo Member
Is Vanishing of Ethan Carter worth it at this price? I've heard it's a pretty good atmospheric detective game but I've held off on it because of the price.

How are those overpriced?

By the time the people at Ubisoft stop polishing bugs (end of support, not because they fixed them all), games will have a better sale on Steam.

I don't trust Ubisoft enough to buy new bugged releases and then pray for them to fix the games. I do that with other devs, though.

Teggy

Is Vanishing of Ethan Carter worth it at this price? I've heard it's a pretty good atmospheric detective game but I've held off on it because of the price.

It's a very nice looking game and I enjoyed it, but I have no problem recommending waiting for about $5. It's nothing that you need to play right now.

Wolfie5

My first purchase this sale and they weren't even on my wishlist (60 games there).

Bought Ruse and LOTR War in the North.
Ruse looks like a really interesting strategy game for only 2,49€. The other one I got because it was cheap and I am a sucker for LOTR.

Anustart

Are you just looking for games he can play by himself?

Some that he can play alone and others I can play with him. Sometimes he just likes to zone out and burn stuff to the ground. But I'll play scribblenauts and plants vs zombies from time to time with him when he's in the mood. Toy Story 3 may just be thing, he loves toy story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom