• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else who didn't get a trading card when voting?

Your steam level has to be at least 8 to get the cards by voting. If you're at level 8 and havent gotten your card it's probably because their servers are getting hammered right now but you'll get it eventually- i've had that happen to me before during past sales.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can't get the Love, Hate, and the Other Ones coupon to stack with the discount. Did manage to purchase Walden for $0.19

About Love, Hate and the other ones is on sale with a 25% discount but I think everyone got that 80% voucher which should bring it down to a stupid 95% off

Can't use it. Coupon says it won't combine with a discounted price for the game. Oh well, wallet still safe.

I hit my budget for the year on the first day of the sale I believe. Ground Zeroes you better be worth it. I'd guess I have a few dollars left at most until the 31st.

wow, Ground Zeroes is really cheap in the Mexico store.

So what happened with the region lock? I live in Mexico but I go to the USA a lot, if I buy games over here will I be able to play them in my USA house?

it's 1 map and it can be beaten in under 20 minutes

I aint spending 80 percent of my sale budget on that
mzQ4gjH.gif

It's "okay". Even if you do everything, you'd be hard pressed to get more than 6 hours out of it. Not to mention that after you do it a couple times, you'll probably get pretty tired of it.

I'd say it's a good deal for ~$5-7. Anything more is kind of a waste when you could put it towards the "real" game.

ito007

Just picked up shadowrun returns and Thomas was alone for $5. Hopefully these get some plays instead of sit in the backlog for years

Haunted

my wishlist looks disappointing sales wise

zLWJ5BU.png

except for Super Time Force being 40% right off the bat. hoping for 75% daily
I like that this is on the main page now. One click less to check wishlist games.

Any game above 75% discount on the wishlist is an immediate buy for me (or it's removed from the wishlist. :p) - none yet!

About Love, Hate and the other ones is on sale with a 25% discount but I think everyone got that 80% voucher which should bring it down to a stupid 95% off

I think they just changed the coupon .. can't use it with other discounts now. So basically I won't be getting the game until it's in a bundle.

AkuMifune

Banned
For those having trouble accessing the site, the mobile app (android) is much more stable for me.

Even bought those 97% off games no problem.

Lagamorph

As usual Valve following the Blizzard school of thought in knowing exactly when you're going to need temporary extra capacity but not bothering to do anything about it.

For people having trouble purchasing, the website seems to be a lot more stable/reliable than the application.

I'd like to see the Dark Souls 2 DLC go on sale some time in the next two weeks, but I'm guessing it's probably not part of it at all if there's no discount from the get-go?

Annubis

There's my problem, I'm level 7.

If you get to 8, Steam will give you all the cards you missed up to now.
I suggest you try and find a badge whose cards are dirt cheap and craft it for 100xp (1 level)

Otherwise, if you are 50xp away or so and close to the next 'game collector' tier, you can just buy games on the sale as normal and level up with that.

Anustart

Ugh. Really want Ds 2 and ground zeroes, but timing was just bad this year. Dad died a couple weeks ago and there went sale budget.

I didnt know gz was 20 minutes. I assume that's after you've played it a few times but still. Sad that its probably shorter than mgs2 tanker mission.

Looks like a pretty decent sale. A couple of disappointments, Ubisoft having a base 40% discount for everything, and I wanted to get the Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon if it was cheap enough, but it's still the full $39.99.

I'd like to see the Dark Souls 2 DLC go on sale some time in the next two weeks, but I'm guessing it's probably not part of it at all if there's no discount from the get-go?

i know this isn't the thread for it but i'm so mad at myself over the DS2 DLC. so i beat the game before the DLC was available for download. after beating the final boss you can stay in the game and fuck around or whatever. OR you can start a new game+ which ramps up the difficulty and etc. it also resets the waypoints and you basically start from the beginning again.

not thinking about it i said meh might as well start NG+. not a few days later the DLC is out, i download it and to get to the DLC areas you need to go through certain areas later in the game. now i have to basically play the whole game over again, even harder!, to experience them. makes me mad at myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom