• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Seems that if you buy the Bit Trip Collection and add it as a gift in your inventory, then unpack it, the games you already own turns into separate gifts.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Does anybody know whether the Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader games in the 'Stronghold Collection' are the patched HD versions? I see you can buy those seperately but I was wondering if the ones in the collection were different. Cheers.

I went ahead and bought it and the answer is yes, just incase anybody else was wondering, which they probably weren't. Nostalgia trip, here I come!

Kinyou

Is Dreamfall Chapters acessible if you haven't played the previous games?

Should I perhaps wait and get " Dreamfall: The longest journey" when it's on sale?

BibiMaghoo

If you buy a game and store it as a gift in your inventory, you can't gift it until after 30 days have passed.

If you buy a game and give it directly to another user, there is no 30 day wait.

That's not correct. There is no lock on gifting for any amount of time, only trading directly. I bought some Xmas gifts in the sale to send next week, and I can do this no problem.

Ark

How is Ethan Carter? I've been wanting to buy it for a while now but £8.99 feels a little steep for a four-or-so hour game.

Marow

Two games bought so far... Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Ethan Carter.

Still hesitant about buying Batman Arkham Origins. Perhaps they'll release a Complete Edition later on... because in at least Europe there seems to be a physical version like that. Ohh, the choices you gotta do during sales.

Videospel

I think there might be some issues with unloked FPS in Deus Ex, like dialogue skipping. I recommend installing the DX10 renderer that you'll find with some quick googling.

Get the DX10 renderer. It fixes issues like that and it adds widescreen resolutions I think.

Downloaded the DX10 renderer and combined it with Kentie's launcher. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help!

pahamrick

Two games bought so far... Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Ethan Carter.

Still hesitant about buying Batman Arkham Origins. Perhaps they'll release a Complete Edition later on... because in at least Europe there seems to be a physical version like that. Ohh, the choices you gotta do during sales.

I think for Origins you need the season pass + the black mask challenge pack for all the relevant DLC. The rest is just multiplayer supply drop crap.

Think I'm gonna grab Endless Legend as my 4X this sale since I held off on Beyond Earth and Gal Civ III. (When it goes on daily of course. I know, I know, it was on sale just before the main sale started.) Any opinions on the additions the Emperor pack adds? Will probably just get it anyway to be "complete".

Probably will snag Dungeon of the Endless too.

Never got too into Endless Space, but this one seems a bit more up my alley based on a few videos, even though I tend to prefer sci-fi themes.

Sch1sm

Thoughts on, 7 Days To Die?

It's alright if you don't mind the multiplayer have literally no anti-cheat. Anyone can screw with how much damage they receive, they give, where they spawn, etc. It's a good game regardless, enjoyable to play. Better on a LAN/PvE with friends, though, least you're not dealing with absolutely dreadful communities in that case. Graphics aren't the best, but the atmosphere is great. Sound FX are good, as well, minus the one at death.
Literally just a scream, there's no animation to it or anything. Screen goes away, then, you start over. Meh.
For an early access game, however, it's very well finished. Been playing since Alpha 5, no regrets.

E: If you enjoy Minecraft at all, you'll like it.

BioShock games are 66% off except for Infinite which is 50%. Are they likely to go any deeper?

braveheart-hold-original-300x249.jpg

I know it's already 80% off, but there's absolutely no chance Super Meat Boy would get any cheaper right?

And can anyone recommend some good games to buy a 9 year old? 'Tis the season of giving and I can't think of any games to give my sister for her first gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom