• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool, I was beginning to think they were dead or something, it's been so long since they've released another translation. It's a shame neither of the other two games they did were anywhere near as good as Recettear though.

Chantelise and Fortune Summoners weren't as good? Maybe I should try the demos before buying them. Interested if you have any more thoughts on those two. I was ready to buy them blind just to support CF.

I played the heck out of the Recettear demo though, definitely going to buy that one for sure. The whole concept of running the shop for heroes was a fun role reversal.

Lomax

Chantelise and Fortune Summoners weren't as good? Maybe I should try the demos before buying them. I was ready to buy them blind just to support CF.

I played the heck out of the Recettear demo though, definitely going to buy that one for sure. The whole concept of running the shop for heroes was a fun role reversal.

Yeah, definitely try the demos. Chantelise is a fairly generic beat-em up and Fortune Summoners is an okay RPG with some clunky systems. Neither is bad, but neither is anywhere near as charming or addicting as Recettear though. But they might put a decent discount on the pack with all three which could make them worth picking up.

Well considering the new one is on sale I would have assumed the older ones would be too since that's how it usually goes for franchises

Someone mentioned upthread that this might not have happened because Chapters has a different publisher from TLJ/Dreamfall. The theory makes sense, but ultimately who knows.

tumblr_my4dd7qpje1qezj72o1_1280.jpg

Lomax

Really hoping there's further discounts on the Civ 5 complete pack.

Seems likely Beyond Earth will be part of any recap day(s), so the Civ V discount should presumably return then as well.

"Valve has never been against trading, but it looks like this aspect—the proverbial back alleys and sketchy parking garages of the practice—was irking them"

Oh yes, shame on us shady Australians trying to get a decent price for games.

Well, with this loophole closed, Valve may be in a position to push publishers there to price their games more reasonably. But all the fault for those terrible prices lies with your retailers, so one would think it won't be too long before publishers stop catering to them and just embrace digital fully.

Bit slow on region lock news here. But when I first read about it, I thought it was only going to affect the RU/CIS regions, due to the ongoing freefall of the ruble. What I've recently learned is that it basically affects every single region that even has the slightest discount, over the US base price. Seems like they've taken advantage of the situation as an excuse to implement this. Looks like my game purchases on Steam are going to be reduced significantly during this sale, and future ones too.
"Valve has never been against trading, but it looks like this aspect—the proverbial back alleys and sketchy parking garages of the practice—was irking them"

Nokterian

Never understood the appeal of banished. It just seems like a stripped down version of so many city builders out there.

It is made by one guy and he did what Simcity couldn't. I am going to buy it because well your people can die from the heat,cold,diseases and what not.

Jintor

Chantelise and Fortune Summoners weren't as good? Maybe I should try the demos before buying them. Interested if you have any more thoughts on those two. I was ready to buy them blind just to support CF.

They're okay but they don't have the 'spark' that Recettear has that really broke it out.

Spent the little (a bit under $20) I had left over from the summer sale. Got so far:

BIT.TRIP Collection
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
A few extremely cheap games that have cards that I already forgot the names of.

Not too much else I want all that badly besides Transistor.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Australia isn't affected by the region lock entirely, we can still get games cheap through CD key websites. Of course, those who only used Russian purchases as their sole game income are screwed, but other avenues are there.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Obludia -- MB-0B57CD440541579D - Taken by Dambrosi

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it's grim, jim
ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-AD11B5F4D0D31571 - Taken by pahamrick. 10 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Legend of Grimrock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419134331z1.png

Hopefully Ikaruga goes on sale as a daily, since voting is out of question. I don't trust the Steam Community with their shit taste.

Otherwise, I'll get Astebreed.

Blue-kun

Had very little leftover money stuck on my account, noticed Last Remnant was costing something silly like $5 and decided to get it because I remembered the soundtrack being amazing, Tsuyoshi Sekito's guitar everywhere.

Here's hoping the game is at least playable, but if not I guess I can get to a boss battle and leave the music playing for 30 minutes, then I'll surely find the purchase justified or something. For that price it's not like I have a right to be very mad in case the game isn't to my taste... lol.

'Cause seriously, the music's good!

Had very little leftover money stuck on my account, noticed Last Remnant was costing something silly like $5 and decided to get it because I remembered the soundtrack being amazing, Tsuyoshi Sekito's guitar everywhere.

Here's hoping the game is at least playable, but if not I guess I can get to a boss battle and leave the music playing for 30 minutes, then I'll surely find the purchase justified or something. For that price it's not like I have a right to be very mad in case the game isn't to my taste... lol.

'Cause seriously, the music's good!

It's a great port (unlike XIII and XIII-2) so don't worry.

Blue-kun

It's a great port (unlike XIII and XIII-2) so don't worry.

Oh, I meant the actual game, not just the port. I never played LR and somehow never heard people talking about it too much -- not for the better nor for the worse. But I was always curious because of the music, so I figured this would be a nice opportunity to grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom