• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

Oh, I meant the actual game, not just the port. I never played LR and somehow never heard people talking about it too much -- not for the better nor for the worse. But I was always curious because of the music, so I figured this would be a nice opportunity to grab it.

the game is nice. very underrated. story is so so and actual game play can be confusing. but after you handle it. it feel really nice control each squad

Oh, I meant the actual game, not just the port. I never played LR and somehow never heard people talking about it too much -- not for the better nor for the worse. But I was always curious because of the music, so I figured this would be a nice opportunity to grab it.

Is a very good game with some obscure mechanics. Quite hard too.

It might take some time to actually click, in the sense the more you play, the more you'll get a hand of the actual mechanics and the more it makes sense.

pahamrick

Any chance someone who bought that Square Enix Holiday Box still has a Final Fantasy XIII-2 50% coupon and don't need / want it?

I would greatly appreciate it if so.

Blue-kun

Is a very good game with some obscure mechanics. Quite hard too.

It might take some time to actually click, in the sense the more you play, the more you'll get a hand of the actual mechanics and the more it makes sense.

the game is nice. very underrated. story is so so and actual game play can be confusing. but after you handle it. it feel really nice control each squad

Lol, thanks for the heads-up! I saw SaGa's Kawazu was involved with it in some way or form, and with him aboard there's very little chance of a game being "normal", so I'm going in with an open mind about some systems being a bit complex/obscure and that things will, indeed, take a while to click.

Speaking of The Last Remnant...

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PhillipCostigan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Last Remnant -- MB-A63812E6183F5118 - Taken by Sch1sm

Enjoy!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DocSeuss, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DocSeuss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-F99BC7B7138EBA40 - Taken by AHA-Lambda
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-1ECF52796638C10F - Taken by D3RANG3D
Broken Sword I -- MB-64A23D7C7B9F3DA6 - Taken by Naked Snake
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [MAY BE USED] -- MB-C628A0FC9AB4F8EC - Taken by $h@d0w
The Whispered World -- MB-2CD09A56CBAA4A4C - Taken by C4rter
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-23D8B3AA6751A335 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
YEAR WALK -- MB-9A91ACB83DF0B101 - Taken by didamangi

t1419121009z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-AD11B5F4D0D31571 - Taken by pahamrick. 10 entrants total.

t1419124035z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Naked Snake, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Anodyne -- MB-34148F03444F1F93 - Taken by RoadDogg
Muffin Knight -- MB-DACAA8AD69C0F239 - Taken by Madn. 6 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-B138295351C1B07C - Taken by Tesseract
Amnesia: a Machine for Pigs -- MB-2BA6937C318F0002 - Taken by gaiadyne
Frozen Synapse -- MB-DA6D37F126B43BEB - Taken by WinterDemons

t1419126650z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-AD11B5F4D0D31571 - Taken by pahamrick. 10 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Legend of Grimrock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419134331z1.png

steveovig

My first pickup is OlliOlli and I'm not digging it at all. HumbleBundle has this for $3 and I've been wanting to try it out for months but I just can't get into it. It's probably the only thing I'll buy until X-Mas when hopefully I get some cards and cash to buy some stuff.

snaffles

Has anyone played much of SNOW? It looks like fun, I just wasn't really clear on what the different packs were getting me? Also does anyone have a motocross game they would recommend on Steam? Are the MX vs ATV games any good?

Has anyone played much of SNOW? It looks like fun, I just wasn't really clear on what the different packs were getting me? Also does anyone have a motocross game they would recommend on Steam? Are the MX vs ATV games any good?

I wouldn't waste my time with it. wait till its out of early access.

My first pickup is OlliOlli and I'm not digging it at all. HumbleBundle has this for $3 and I've been wanting to try it out for months but I just can't get into it. It's probably the only thing I'll buy until X-Mas when hopefully I get some cards and cash to buy some stuff.
OlliOlli underwhelmed me, too. I plan to give it another try but it just feels off to me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of efyu_lemonardo, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (efyu_lemonardo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-44BCCDD4B1FE0F30 - Taken by Tormilet. 11 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-C0D04DC4AB577030 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 17 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-C6D3C991C2E8592D - Taken by earvcunanan. 1 entrants total.
Must own base game to play
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-D74BA67694D55102 - Taken by Avinexus. 5 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-AC99E5A1F573220A - Taken by <parameter: string>. 2 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-6779B4283FCD8A22 - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 11 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-42AB2E05729E841C - Taken by JMFangio. 11 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419178249z1.png

You definitely have to retrain your brain if you use a controller. Nothing controls quite like it. Feels like it would be more fun on a vita than at my desk.

tauke

Got BoI: Rebirth for my friend. She already spent hundreds of hours in regular BoI so she will going to waste more time on Rebirth hehe.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Papers, Please -- MB-4BF01A6A171EC981 - Taken by creamfarts. 17 entrants total.

t1419147178z1.png

BigBoss

I'm thinking about picking up Evil Within and the new Wolfenstein but I have an AMD card (a 280 to be exact) and I've heard both games run poorly on AMD cards, what kind of performance/graphical level am I looking at?

-MD-

I'm thinking about picking up Evil Within and the new Wolfenstein but I have an AMD card (a 280 to be exact) and I've heard both games run poorly on AMD cards, what kind of performance/graphical level am I looking at?

Check if anyone on youtube uploaded gameplay with your hardware, there was a recent patch for TEW that helped performance quite a bit even on weaker cards plus whatever AMD drivers just came out. My friend uses a 7770 and ran it 1080/30.

So I haven't been keeping up with uplay--do I need to be online to play games or does it just check once when I run the game?

If it makes any difference the game in question is AC:Black Flag.

I don't suppose there's anything I can get for like... 75 cents, is there? (it's all I have after selling some trading cards)

Dead Bits is still 14 cents. It's terrible. But it has cards! So you can at least make most of your money back while you are realizing how bad it is.

The Last Remnant is very satisfying to play.

It takes some effort to understand the unions and not getting obliterated, but hearing that "OH HO!" when Rush wrecks somebody feels really good.

Still need to go back and finish the PC version, I'm like two dungeons away from the end (completed the PoS 360 version back in the day).

EDIT: Emma Honeywell is a total badass. One of the best female characters of last-gen.

impact

Banned
I hope CS:GO goes on flash deal soon, I don't want to spend $10 on it.

Probably won't happen

The game already has a cheater problem which is why it doesn't go that low anymore. Cheap copies = cheaters stock up just use a new one when they're banned. With how slow Valve bans cheaters, it's pretty awful for the community when the game goes on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom