• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

big youth

I already fail at Prison Architect. I couldn't build the execution building. :(

same!! it's not very inviting at all. there's no menu or anything that indicates what's going on. it thrusts you into an already huge prison...I guess it's the tutorial? anyway I got stuck at the same point. thing got 27% built then stopped. I got frustrated and quit

same!! it's not very inviting at all. there's no menu or anything that indicates what's going on. it thrusts you into an already huge prison...I guess it's the tutorial? anyway I got stuck at the same point. thing got 27% built then stopped. I got frustrated and quit

You have to build the foundation (brick or concrete)...THEN the brick walls and door. I made the same mistake and learned the solution thanks to Google.

Carm

So, I picked up AC Black Flag yesterday, after installing it seems to run good enough (30+). How does AC 3 run compared to Black Flag? I'm considering grabbing it and Liberation, I just remember AC 3 having issues at release.

DarkFlow

Banned
Probably won't happen

The game already has a cheater problem which is why it doesn't go that low anymore. Cheap copies = cheaters stock up just use a new one when they're banned. With how slow Valve bans cheaters, it's pretty awful for the community when the game goes on sale.

Haven't seen it drop further than that since the spring, really doubtful.
Well 33% is not really going to tickle my fancy. Bummer.

pahamrick

So, I picked up AC Black Flag yesterday, after installing it seems to run good enough (30+). How does AC 3 run compared to Black Flag? I'm considering grabbing it and Liberation, I just remember AC 3 having issues at release.

I replayed 3 a few months ago, and performance was pretty good. I don't have Black Flag yet so I can't make comparisons but on my rig (i7 920@3.8ghz, HD5870 Crossfire) I was able to max most things out (minus environment detail, keep that off the highest setting) and had a pretty stable 30fps.

I couldn't manage 60 no matter what I tried, though.

I'm this close to getting AC: Black Flag but am hesitant because of uplay. Can you tell me if I need to be online the entire time I'm playing or does it just check once when I run the game?

pahamrick

I'm this close to getting AC: Black Flag but am hesitant because of uplay. Can you tell me if I need to be online the entire time I'm playing or does it just check once when I run the game?

Unless they changed things with Black Flag, you should be able to run the entire thing in offline mode once you've redeemed the CD Key on Uplay. I was able to with AC3.

Lomax

Trying to redeem Kane & Lynch (it uses GFWL) but the Steam pop-up cuts off the last two digits and there isn't a "copy to clipboard" option.

What happens if you click the CD Key option on the library page of the client? That should have a copy key to clipboard option.

pahamrick

Trying to redeem Kane & Lynch (it uses GFWL) but the Steam pop-up cuts off the last two digits and there isn't a "copy to clipboard" option.

Exit out of the game, right click on the game in your library and click View CD Key. You can copy to clipboard from there.

-Edit-

And beaten.

DarkFlow

Banned
If it's any consolation you end up getting "drops" in game that you can sell on the steam marketplace to recoup the costs.
It's not the price, it's the limited interest. It's almost at the price I'll buy it, but not quite there yet. I have source, but I've never been super into it and I don't want to drop $10 bucks on something I won't play a ton.

Unless they changed things with Black Flag, you should be able to run the entire thing in offline mode once you've redeemed the CD Key on Uplay. I was able to with AC3.

Cool beans. My internet's been spotty so I'd hate to buy a game and not be able to play it. Thanks!

Just tried and it seems to work, just putting the uplay client into offline mode.

@Carm thanks for going to the trouble and checking for me :D

Carm

Just tried and it seems to work, just putting the uplay client into offline mode.

rickyson1

PSA: along with the Might & Magic: Heroes VI flash sale other games in the Might & Magic franchise have a hidden flash sale as well,Might & Magic X - Legacy is 75% off right now if anyones been wanting that

pahamrick

PSA: along with the Might & Magic: Heroes VI flash sale other games in the Might & Magic franchise have a hidden flash sale as well,Might & Magic X - Legacy is 75% off right now if anyones been wanting that

Not to mention, spring the extra buck and change for the deluxe edition. You'll get the DLC, another quest, Might and Magic VI on Steam, as well as a few other goodies.

interested in dead state by the negative reviews say that the game is still a buggy mess and that with the constant updates that it's still effectively an early access title

Rudakus

how is RUSE?

I played it a while back on PS3 and I actually had a good time playing it. Now mind you I had gamefly at the time so it cost me nothing, but I remember thinking it was an interesting concept and I played through and beat the entire campaign mode.

grimmiq

EDIT: Emma Honeywell is a total badass. One of the best female characters of last-gen.

I still have no freaking clue how Rush could have mistaken Emma for his Sister in the opening cutscene..Irina's like 13, long dark hair and short while Emma's tall, late 40's and short blonde hair..

I still have no freaking clue how Rush could have mistaken Emma for his Sister in the opening cutscene..Irina's like 13, long dark hair and short while Emma's tall, late 40's and short blonde hair..
Rush is an idiot.
Only reason he gets to stick around is because he has a summon(extra meatshield).

EDIT: Going through FF7's achievements...these don't look so bad.

Wait..wait...master ALL materia? Yeah that's going to suck.

RedFyn

It's not the price, it's the limited interest. It's almost at the price I'll buy it, but not quite there yet. I have source, but I've never been super into it and I don't want to drop $10 bucks on something I won't play a ton.
Have you checked out insurgency?

Lomax

Any thoughts on War Machine Tactics or How to Survive?

I played How to Survive. It feels like a fun survival/craft/zombie/Diablo game. I would've spent more time on it if I wasn't so absorbed into other games.

I loved How to Survive and just picked up some of the DLC. The base game took me about 15 hours to beat. Like he said, it's much more a Diablo clone than it is a survival type game. It also plays really well with a controller.

Forkball

I installed my GTX 970 today. Steam is giving me nothing to work with. I almost want to get Ground Zeroes on Amazon just to try it.

XBP

Hotline Miami is on sale for 0.89 cents on nuuvem right now. Best price yet for the game since release.

I installed my GTX 970 today. Steam is giving me nothing to work with. I almost want to get Ground Zeroes on Amazon just to try it.

If you really want to, get it from GMG. Its 15% off right now plus you can use their 20% off coupon code on top of the discounted price.

just bought the Steam version of Rise of Nations without doing much research on the port quality

I used to play it a lot when it came out, and I assume absent some game-breaking bug I'll enjoy it again... it might also be the only thing I end up getting this sale :(

Decado

If you had to choose one, 7 Days to Die or Xenonauts?

Those are pretty two different games. Haven't played either, but I'm actually thinking of Xeononauts myself. Heard it was excellent and has received quite a bit of dev support after release.

And 7 days is an early access game. Not even finished.

Crayons

Banned
Those are pretty two different games. Haven't played either, but I'm actually thinking of Xeononauts myself. Heard it was excellent and has received quite a bit of dev support after release.

And 7 days is an early access game. Not even finished.
True! Went and bought Xenonauts. It looks fun. Will probably go to Dead State for my post apocalyptic fix

what are the chances that Borderlands 2 GOTY will go for less that the 75% off that it is right now...?

I'd say 0%. Since the new Borderlands was yesterdays daily and since they usually discount games from the same series at the same time, it will go back up in a little under 10 hours.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Not to mention, spring the extra buck and change for the deluxe edition. You'll get the DLC, another quest, Might and Magic VI on Steam, as well as a few other goodies.

Thanks for the heads-up:)

I think Steam only sells the deluxe version. At least that's the case for my region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom