• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Rush is an idiot.
Only reason he gets to stick around is because he has a summon(extra meatshield).

EDIT: Going through FF7's achievements...these don't look so bad.

Wait..wait...master ALL materia? Yeah that's going to suck.

Speaking from experience, I can say that it took me approximately 65 hours from start to finish earning 100% of the achievements. Good luck!

HYKsL46.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Has anybody played Warmachine Tactics? I'm in the mood for a turn base strategy (or a RTS with base building like War/Starcraft).

Metalmarc

I bought so far,Both less than £1 each

Flatout - 74p
Dino d day (dinosaurs vs nazis fps, lol ) - 69p

Bargain, no idea what they are like but oh well

abracadaver

Manik

Some good (IMO) and cheap games to get:

Available for the whole winter sale:
Deadly Premonination: Director's Cut 2,49€
POSTAL 0,74€
La-Mulana 2,99€
God Mode 1,99€
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons 2,99€
Hydrophobia: Prophecy 0,49€
Zombie Driver HD 1,79€
Pool Nation 1,99€
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death 0,99€
Toy Soldiers 1,79€

End soon:
Trine 2: Complete Story 1,69€
Castle Crashers 1,19€
How to Survive 1,39€

All games have achievements and are discounted more than 75%

Nice, been wanting to pick Brothers up - can't see it being a daily deal and going lower than that.

wazoo

So, I picked up AC Black Flag yesterday, after installing it seems to run good enough (30+). How does AC 3 run compared to Black Flag? I'm considering grabbing it and Liberation, I just remember AC 3 having issues at release.

7850 oc here.

AC3 runs better than Black Flag than WatchDogs.

All runs at 30fps if you are not hungry with resolution and AA.

AC3 runs completely maxed, and AC4 as well provided there is no storm (rain effects are FPS divers).

Liberation is the same engine as AC3, forget it was on Vita, they redid it.

If you cap UbiSoft games at 30fps, they are quite nice engines.

I still have to test Unity...

koma

I already have almost 2 euro by selling cards, i'll buy something for sure before the end of the sales with all that money, i love cheapy free games :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The changes to the vote, making it 24 hours rather than 8, has really lowered the tempo of the sale. Plus because there are fewer games going on featured sales it seems like less of an event this time around. I have £20 of steam credit I'd got saved ready for the sale and there's been nothing so far that's tempted me enough to spend it. I guess there's the fact that last year I picked up a fair few indies I had my eye on, and some excellent humble bundles have added to that too, so this time around there's less for me to be tempted by, but I can't help but feel disappointed so far. Especially with the community vote/flash cycle. Used to be that you'd always be counting down to the new deals, I'd wake up and vote and then have another vote in the afternoon and evening. If there wasn't anyhing you were interested in then another vote would be along soon. This time, I don't feel it. I guess the auction was the big event this year and the sale is an afterthought.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kayant, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guest Pass: Killing Floor -- MB-F11F83E46D14702B
Trine 2: Complete Story #2 -- MB-8FB28B1E68EC0C68 - Taken by Sch1sm. 11 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-D5292D6C4F6F122E - Taken by autoduelist. 15 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-F4ACB4C171D9E3EB - Taken by The Reloader. 11 entrants total.
Screencheat -- MB-B3A29032DAB7E89E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 24 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-9777B7D54C4A3917 - Taken by tioslash. 11 entrants total.

t1419202189z1.png

Tizoc

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is on sale for the next 6-7 hours
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61700/
It's a great Match 3+RPG hybrid, if you liked Puzzle Quest then you will likely enjoy this as well.
It has amazing 2D animation, and although it starts slow, once you get Chaining and Linking the game becomes a blast.
It does not require Uplay either

Durante

PSA: along with the Might & Magic: Heroes VI flash sale other games in the Might & Magic franchise have a hidden flash sale as well,Might & Magic X - Legacy is 75% off right now if anyones been wanting that
Indeed. Also note that Might & Magic X: Legacy is the best game released in 2014. In case you were on the fence.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Indeed. Also note that Might & Magic X: Legacy is the best game released in 2014. In case you were on the fence.

Yupppp. I got our site to put it in as top ten. It's my GOTY, but nobody else heard of it, so I felt getting it on the list was a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom