• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You call this a sale Gabe? What a joke

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Grim Dawn looks really good.

It has promise but it's a shell of a game right now, it's very much an alpha. I bought it a very long time ago and put 6 hours into it which was the end of the content but more has been added since. If you're a fan of the genre and want an old school experience it's worth £12, just be aware it's still very raw.

unrealist

I am probably LTTP but is Skyrim worth it? I enjoyed all the Bethsoft games but never really managed to complete them .. usually exhausted just by trying to find/install the right combination of mods.

legacyzero

Banned
I am probably LTTP but is Skyrim worth it? I enjoyed all the Bethsoft games but never really managed to complete them .. usually exhausted just by trying to find/install the right combination of mods.

It's good.

Just get yourself a few graphics/texture mods, and you're set.

Elija2

Dark Messiah is one of the games with best combat ever made.

vpZ8Pl.gif

y4ZeDd.gif

Why have I never seen this game before?

It has promise but it's a shell of a game right now, it's very much an alpha. I bought it a very long time ago and put 6 hours into it which was the end of the content but more has been added since. If you're a fan of the genre and want an old school experience it's worth £12, just be aware it's still very raw.

I don't know when was the last time you've played it, but I've been playing it recently, and the game seems fairly complete to me.

People - buy this game! It's a steal at the current price. Out of all the arpg's I've played recently, this is by far, the best arpg.

Corpekata

Banned
Dark Messiah is a great game overshadowed by a shitty launch (that you can now brute force your way through). Didn't help that the console version was pretty bad. You can really see Arkane's development path to Dishonored in there though.

Lain

Started playing Door Kickers (Thanks Speevy!) and the game feels more difficult than i thought it'd be. It's also quite nice. Only played the first 3/4 solo maps, though I managed to 3 stars the first two and get those no pause/single plan thingies, but those starting maps are easy.

Corpekata

Banned

I don't think your assessment of playing it a long time ago is a good barometer for an early access game that's had a lot of updates. Game has come a long way.

Scrabble

Many people prefer Brotherhood but for me Revelations is still the best AC game mainly because it has zero filler and all it's missions have a lot of variety in them. Plus doing missions with your assassin recruits was a lot of fun. Didn't hurt that it had the maximum amount of character centric moments for Ezio and Altair.

Its got good character moments, but like ACIV which was written by the same writer, its overarching plot is extremely basic and video gamey. Go find these five things to do this other thing, with you then doing exactly that. That's basically the plot of Revelations. ACIV was the same thing, "I got to find the observatory" is pretty much the extent of the story. I hope Corey May didn't leave the franchise after 3's reception, because AC 1, 2, and 3 have the best writing and stories in the series.

Acidyl

the skyrim dlc makes no sense at all.

I own Skyrim, If i want to buy the 3 dlc its 9.99 + 2.49 + 9.99 euro?

But the legendary edition, which is the game + the 3 dlc, is only 10.19 euro?

Nzyme32

Steam needs to give software it's own separate sale or page because I hate seeing it take up slots during a major sale.

Because no one could possibly like software, and the store is only catering to gamers right? Right? Personally, I think it is time people start getting used to the fact that Steam is attempting to cater to a lot of people. Like it of hate it.

Kinsei

Banned
I must have some really good luck. Everything I voted for has been the community pick.

If any of you like FPS games you should really pick up Shadow Warrior. It's an amazing game.

Bl@de

Why have I never seen this game before?

Because like a lot of M&M games (*cough* M&M X) it was shunned by many (namely the press) and loved only by few. Was revolutionary for this combat back in the day (1999). But one has to admit it was an overall mediocre game.

I don't think your assessment of playing it a long time ago is a good barometer for an early access game that's had a lot of updates. Game has come a long way.

Yup. They just added Act 3 yesterday also. I've put in 40+ hours into the game already and again, this beats the living shit out of all the recent arpg's that have come out. Buy this game!!!!

I'm also interested in hearing some opinions on Bound by Flame.

Probably because you're young.

Phaw, whippersnappers.

It's really bad. I was really looking forward to it and it feels like a really sloppy production overall. It also has some aggressively terrible writing, similar to their other game Mars War Logs. The combat AI is the worst part, though, it's beyond brain dead and you're stuck with a companion most of the time.

Deadly

Yup. They just added Act 3 yesterday also. I've put in nearly 40 hours into the game and again, this beats the living shit out of all the recent arpg's that have come out. Buy this game!!!!
I saw there was a 'multiplayer' update recently. Does it work well? Might get a friend to pick it up with me if so.

Durante

It's really bad. I was really looking forward to it and it feels like a really sloppy production overall. It also has some aggressively terrible writing, similar to their other game Mars War Logs. The combat AI is the worst part, though, it's beyond brain dead and you're stuck with a companion most of the time.
Thanks. Looks like 90% off it is!

Burny

Being in Germany sucks whenever games like Bulletstorm are concerned... It's cut. I doubt that would prevent me from enjoying the game, but I won't buy cut games on principle.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the uncut version gifted by someone (who would get back the money via PayPal of course) from a less restrictive country?

Spyware

Made bf buy the Microsoft RTS Collection for us. I like the later AoE games and want him to play them, he loves Rise of Nations and wanna play it again and we both adore AoEII. Lovely pack!
Also got Never Alone. Good day for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom