• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Mordor is like almost 43 gigs

Recommends 25GB free - minimum, that is. LOL.

I've seen 35-40 gigs tossed around for Mordor. It's a shame that keys off the market are locked now, I got Banished a few days ago for 2 TF2 keys.

Ouch. I passed on it because of this, but I was kinda hoping that the actual download would be smaller (because of it sharing programs or whatnot that are needed to be downloaded with other downloaded games) so that I can buy it. With my 300GB cap, anything more than 25GB is a no-no.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was preorder only.

Many times these deals tend to go over 100% (because it's adding discount together ie. 50% + 50% = 100% instead of 75%.) and gets disabled during sale.
New discounts also tends to be temporary instead of permanent.

There's couple of stackers:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315340/ is 83% if you own regular Ares, instead of 33%.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260790/ is 66% if you own Cavestory+ / Nighsky instead of 33%

(http://store.steampowered.com/app/239430/ is 110% (unpurchaseable) if you own regular QUBE.)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect 50+50% off rather than 75% off. Also didn't realize that was preorder only. Oh well. Maybe next time it will be 66-75% off and I'll be more tempted to pick it up.

MUnited83

For you.
any of the might and magic games worth picking up?

how's dark messiah?

Dark Messiah is one of the games with best combat ever made.

vpZ8Pl.gif

y4ZeDd.gif

Watevaman

My god, that's brilliant... Are there graphic mods for the game now?

I looked a year or two back when I did a new playthrough and I couldn't find anything except some terrible ENB that increased the contrast and made it look pretty bad.

To be honest, the game still looks pretty good for how old it is. Yeah, stuff is blocky, but the texture work is good.

pahamrick

Hmmm has dishonered gone on sale

Not yet for the Winter Sale. It did go on sale for the Summer Sale. I got the GOTY version then for around $10 since the DLC almost never goes on sale for a decent price. I think buying the DLC separate was more expensive than just buying the GOTY.

Played a bunch more OlliOlli and have a hard time recommending it. Feels like it has more in common with Bit trip runner than Tony Hawks at times. Plus it just has some weird bugs. I grinded a set of steps. Seems like the sequel remedies a bunch of my complaints so hopefully it will be a lot better. The level design in the last two regions is just trash. It also seems to lock away half the content until you complete the levels you might not enjoy.

Every year I load up on multiplayer games for a big birthday gaming weekend my brother and I throw with a bunch of guys in January. Im looking for preferably coop, 4 player games.

This year I dont have much of a list going into the winter sale. So far I'm planning on picking up
Gang Beasts
Broforce
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Full Mojo Rampage
New Gauntlet

Previous years we have played
Foul Play
Hammerwatch
Jamestown
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Nidhogg
Risk of Rain
Samurai Gunn
Speed Runners
Magicka

I need to tap the great Gaf hivemind to blow my load on steam games and keep my friends and I entertained for 48 straight hours.

What say you Gaf?

Mashed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281280/

Thank me later.

I already own it, but I'm kinda surprised Alien: Isolation isn't any cheaper. Might pick up Shadow Warrior.

EDIT:

Shadow Warrior was just saying $9.99, now it's showing $3.99!

Alien was showing 25% off, now it's showing 50%.

Deadly

Has anyone been playing Grim Dawn? I've been keeping an eye on it every sale since I hear it's good but it seems to still be in very early stages.

Revelations is a much better game. It doesn't have an eight hour tutorial, with cutscenes a that teleport you around the open world, instead of trusting you enough to navigate it yourself. Also no boats which is a huge plus. I don't understand the negativity toward Revelations at all, especially after 3 came out. Revelations at least plays like an Assassins Creed game.

Many people prefer Brotherhood but for me Revelations is still the best AC game mainly because it has zero filler and all it's missions have a lot of variety in them. Plus doing missions with your assassin recruits was a lot of fun. Didn't hurt that it had the maximum amount of character centric moments for Ezio and Altair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom