• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

How is AC3? I was tempted on getting that or Revelations, as they are the only ones I'm missing aside from Unity.

AC3 is an abomination, worst one in the series by far.

Gonna just second this. Replayed the entirety of the series just recently. Minus Black Flag as I'd played it in the last year. Got through AC (still my favorite, no care), AC: II (enjoyable, really, I enjoyed the added elements that weren't there in the first), Brotherhood (I loved), Revelations (which I wasn't the biggest fan of, but it wasn't dreadful). I got through each of these consecutively in just over a week. I've still yet to get past 5% completion on III. Maybe I'm just adverse to change, but so much is different from Revelations to III. I'm not so big on the combat style, either.

pahamrick

How is AC3? I was tempted on getting that or Revelations, as they are the only ones I'm missing aside from Unity.

The first time I played through it, I was less than thrilled with how it was. After replaying it earlier this year with all the DLC that came out (Specifically the Tyranny of George Washington) I enjoyed it much more.

In terms of the AC games I've played, I'd have to rate it something like this:

AC2 > AC:B > AC4:BF (I rented the PS3 version and still loved it despite performance) > AC3 > AC:R >>>>>>> AC:L (I played original Vita version, not the HD version.)

Gonna just second this. Replayed the entirety of the series just recently. Minus Black Flag as I'd played it in the last year. Got through AC (still my favorite, no care), AC: II (enjoyable, really, I enjoyed the added elements that weren't there in the first), Brotherhood (I loved), Revelations (which I wasn't the biggest fan of, but it wasn't dreadful). I got through each of these consecutively in just over a week. I've still yet to get past 5% completion on III. Maybe I'm just adverse to change, but so much is different from Revelations to III. I'm not so big on the combat style, either.

My main issue with III is the main character. I thought the gameplay was fun therein, but man was Conner uninteresting for almost the entirety of it.

Sch1sm

My main issue with III is the main character. I thought the gameplay was fun therein, but man was Conner uninteresting for almost the entirety of it.

I didn't get far enough to even notice the character outside of the droning English accent we're forced to start with. That attitude, too.
mehhhhb

Sch1sm

Is Steam acting up? Trying to update my card info but its saying my purchase has been declined. I'm not event trying to buy anything.

Yeah. It'll be like that for the next hour and then some because I'm sure there's about a few hundred thousand people unaware of the fact sales refresh at in an hour and a half and not in the next half hour.

E: Try through the browser, though, may not give you the same issue.

FoneBone

Weird, I was thinking the GAF consensus was that the first one was better. Or at least that's what it seems to be in any Frozenbyte thread.

sixamp

this christmas sale has been pretty dreadful to be honest.

From the humble Bundle store

my girl bought
-the inner world $2.99
-Van helsing 2

Revelations is a much better game. It doesn't have an eight hour tutorial, with cutscenes a that teleport you around the open world, instead of trusting you enough to navigate it yourself. Also no boats which is a huge plus. I don't understand the negativity toward Revelations at all, especially after 3 came out. Revelations at least plays like an Assassins Creed game.

abracadaver

Every year I load up on multiplayer games for a big birthday gaming weekend my brother and I throw with a bunch of guys in January. Im looking for preferably coop, 4 player games.

This year I dont have much of a list going into the winter sale. So far I'm planning on picking up
Gang Beasts
Broforce
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Full Mojo Rampage
New Gauntlet

Previous years we have played
Foul Play
Hammerwatch
Jamestown
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Nidhogg
Risk of Rain
Samurai Gunn
Speed Runners
Magicka

I need to tap the great Gaf hivemind to blow my load on steam games and keep my friends and I entertained for 48 straight hours.

What say you Gaf?

BlazeRush!!!

I think I'm gonna bite on Killing Floor if I can sell enough cards to clear the $4.99 before the deal expires. Yesterday I got burned by waiting 'til the last second on Dark Souls because of Steam issues. I have not learned my lesson.

Grief.exe

Revelations is a much better game. It doesn't have an eight hour tutorial, with cutscenes a that teleport you around the open world, instead of trusting you enough to navigate it yourself. Also no boats which is a huge plus. I don't understand the negativity toward Revelations at all, especially after 3 came out. Revelations at least plays like an Assassins Creed game.

What are they possibly teaching the player for that long? Assassin's Creed has literally two important buttons, massive pop ups on the screen to show where you are going, and is designed to be beaten by anyone.

I know who their target demographic is, but that is ridiculous.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This sale has been as good as the others actually......problem is when all the boxes have a damn blue tab on them it feels like there is nothing on sale, U KNOW WAT IU MEAN

XPE

What do people think about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?, I never heard of it before but I do like to play an adventure game every now and then.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What do people think about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?, I never heard of it before but I do like to play an adventure game every now and then.

Adventure game with beautiful graphics and atmosphere, but very short. Probably worth the 11.99

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
any of the might and magic games worth picking up?

how's dark messiah?
Is this a serious question?
"I like action movies, is Die Hard worth watching?"
On a more helpfull note; yes, yes they are. I personally haven't played a lot of them, but I can fully recommend Might & Magic X (one of this year's finest games) and Clash of Heroes, an extremely addicting and strategic puzzler. The Heroes of games are also really fun and addicting Strategy/RPG's.

TheKurgan

I am big fan of Might and Magic VI, but I am a fanboy of the whole series so a biased opinion for sure.

Well Steam crashed... was in the process of paying for a few games. Anyone else down?

pahamrick

Guys, how much gigs is Shadow of Mordooooor?

Im afraid what I'm thinking and hoping aren't the same thing on this one :( expecting the usual 66% for Banished at most. Will bite at 75 tho.

I've seen 35-40 gigs tossed around for Mordor. It's a shame that keys off the market are locked now, I got Banished a few days ago for 2 TF2 keys.

kd-z

Keep in mind it's more of a Gone Home style game, but if you're into that then it's quite good!

Double

Holy shit@Mordor size.

Asking because I bought it for my brother for christmas and wanna activate on his account and install on my pc at the day. Guess I'll need to make some extra room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom