• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Being in Germany sucks whenever games like Bulletstorm are concerned... It's cut. I doubt that would prevent me from enjoying the game, but I won't buy cut games on principle.

Does anybody know if it's possible to had the uncut version gifted (who would get back the money via PayPal of course) by someone from a less restrictive country?
It is generally. Friends of mine regularly use a austrian friend to get uncut steam games. Just watch out that you don't use russians and the likes.

Quantum

I'm also interested in hearing some opinions on Bound by Flame.

I wrote a steam review - one of only a few I ever had about this game - I finished the game -

I enjoyed my time with this game. I don't think everyone will.

The story seems incomplete, there is promise of vast adventure with combat against what you are lead to believe is a large number of ice lords - what happens is an extremely linear tale which seems to close in and limit choice for the main character both in scope and exploration.

the graphics - colors and vistas progressively decrease until the story is distilled into one fight lacking color and bypassing most of the upgrades you have spent a dozen hours building. It might be the worst final boss I have ever wasted time fighting.

The combat system is ok. I did enjoy switching styles and really liked that the riposte/parry system actually seemed to be useful. The problem is that for every well timed response and moment you felt that you've gotten a clean critical hit you realize that *every* mob in the game has a huge hp pool. Every group of respawning mobs, while initially challenging becomes a monotonous group of button presses. I would have liked to see my damage scale with the time invested leveling my character.

The voice acting and character discussions were odd at times, I really enjoyed talking with mathras - every other companion has been seen before in countless games.

The game had potential, and while I found it interesting enough to complete, I would be amazed many others do. There really is an interesting game to be found here, but I would recommend picking it up cheaply and only playing the first 6 - 8 hours.

Jirotrom

the skyrim dlc makes no sense at all.

I own Skyrim, If i want to buy the 3 dlc its 9.99 + 2.49 + 9.99 euro?

But the legendary edition, which is the game + the 3 dlc, is only 10.19 euro?
It's so dumb, I'm wondering if I get the legendary edition can I gift the extra normal edition?

Do you guys think there's any chance of seeing Tales of Borderlands, Game of Thrones or Dreamfall Chapters getting deeper discount.

Probably unlikely since they're new games but I really want to play a good story driven game.

Corpekata

Banned
Do you guys think there's any chance of seeing Tales of Borderlands, Game of Thrones or Dreamfall Chapters getting deeper discount.

Probably unlikely since they're new games but I really want to play a good story driven game.

Dreamfall was a flash yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it for Tales, it came out a bit earlier. Not betting on GoT though.

Wark

I was kinda hoping Elder Scrolls Online would get a bigger discount because Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim have the 48 hour price drop.

I'm very tempted to pick up Grim Dawn, Shadow Warrior, and Spintires.

How's Bound By Flame?

Jirotrom

Not yet for the Winter Sale. It did go on sale for the Summer Sale. I got the GOTY version then for around $10 since the DLC almost never goes on sale for a decent price. I think buying the DLC separate was more expensive than just buying the GOTY.
Just got it for sale on green man gaming for 8 bucks!

plc268

Played a bunch more OlliOlli and have a hard time recommending it. Feels like it has more in common with Bit trip runner than Tony Hawks at times. Plus it just has some weird bugs. I grinded a set of steps. Seems like the sequel remedies a bunch of my complaints so hopefully it will be a lot better. The level design in the last two regions is just trash. It also seems to lock away half the content until you complete the levels you might not enjoy.

OlliOlli plays so much better on the Vita. The game requires some tight timing on button presses, and there's a lot less latency when playing on the Vita.

I like OlliOlli... I'm just annoyed that I basically spent $30 for it (Vita and PC) when the PC version got discounted so fast. Oh well.

steveovig

OlliOlli plays so much better on the Vita. The game requires some tight timing on button presses, and there's a lot less latency when playing on the Vita.

I like OlliOlli... I'm just annoyed that I basically spent $30 for it (Vita and PC) when the PC version got discounted so fast. Oh well.

That's my problem. I wanted it back when the Vita version was released but I never really wanted to pay what they were asking. The Steam version is a lot cheaper but I guess it has its disadvantages.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So is it safe to buy Bulletstorm with all the GFWL fuckery going on? I'm getting mixed information from the Steam reviews. Some people say it's unplayable, some have it working.

Will it work if I have a GFWL account? Is it going to stop working at some point in the future?

Unicorn

wtf why is Morrowind NOT $5? It was a few months ago, but I missed it. I was expecting the same drop when Skyrim went Daily, but nah. 6.75 because fuck you.
LLShC.gif

MUnited83

For you.
So is it safe to buy Bulletstorm with all the GFWL fuckery going on? I'm getting mixed information from the Steam reviews. Some people say it's unplayable, some have it working.

Will it work if I have a GFWL account? Is it going to stop working at some point in the future?

It will eventually be unplayable anyways because of GFWL.(if you don't use cracks and the like)

Curious_George

Neo Member
Tempted to grab Project Zomboid, that's about it today (already own Grim Dawn, which imo is definitely worth the $12 if you like arpgs). Also, I noticed Dishonored GOTY is around $8 on GMG for anyone interested (probably won't be any lower on Steam).

Purkake4

Banned
Getting a "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error when trying to buy. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it by re-adding my credit card.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Those community choice options. Lol.

3D Mark is 3D Mark. Yawn.
Clickteam Fusion actually looks like it could be kind of alright.
Fuse looks like a storefront you have to pay to access.

Durante

I wrote a steam review - one of only a few I ever had about this game - I finished the game -

I enjoyed my time with this game. I don't think everyone will.

The story seems incomplete, there is promise of vast adventure with combat against what you are lead to believe is a large number of ice lords - what happens is an extremely linear tale which seems to close in and limit choice for the main character both in scope and exploration.

the graphics - colors and vistas progressively decrease until the story is distilled into one fight lacking color and bypassing most of the upgrades you have spent a dozen hours building. It might be the worst final boss I have ever wasted time fighting.

The combat system is ok. I did enjoy switching styles and really liked that the riposte/parry system actually seemed to be useful. The problem is that for every well timed response and moment you felt that you've gotten a clean critical hit you realize that *every* mob in the game has a huge hp pool. Every group of respawning mobs, while initially challenging becomes a monotonous group of button presses. I would have liked to see my damage scale with the time invested leveling my character.

The voice acting and character discussions were odd at times, I really enjoyed talking with mathras - every other companion has been seen before in countless games.

The game had potential, and while I found it interesting enough to complete, I would be amazed many others do. There really is an interesting game to be found here, but I would recommend picking it up cheaply and only playing the first 6 - 8 hours.
Thanks for the detail, I guess I'll pick it up when it's even cheaper.

Ventara

Debating on Age of Mythology never played it. Just got Total War: Rome II and liking it so far.

Same here. For some reason it doesn't seem to be as well received as AOE2 or Rise of Nations.

Might pass on it for now, since I just got Rise of Nations yesterday.

If I can throw in my opinion, definitely get AoM. My favourite RTS ever. Each race is very unique and the myth units look awesome. Lots of lore and different strategies to try out The single-player campaign are great, and they explain the mechanics of the game pretty well, and playing against the AI is pretty fun. So if you're a single-player kinda guy like me, you'll still find great value here. Seriously, I can't praise this game enough. Sunk hundreds of hours into it back in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom