• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

I'm so happy that I bought Dark Messiah.

9Ku4q2J.gif

Story is great too.

Its a shame that The Crossing was canceled

Ventara

Just watched the gameplay of Might & Magic X on the Steam storepage, and that is some sexy awesome gameplay. So Gaf, is it as good as I think it is? Should I pick it up at $7.50? I'm leaning towards yes, but just wanted to confirm it's not a piece of turd or something.

Bought Dawnguard from Amazon for $5 and dammit, headed down that rabbit hole of Skyrim after a 2 year hiatus. (Have Dragonborn, too, never played it.)

Krakn3Dfx

True, should have mentioned that it's not over and done yet.

Also worth noting there's a 12/18 beta branch that you can opt in for on Steam on the Beta tab for the game.

Short list of changes:

improved steering wheel force feedback
no diff lock damage with manual gearbox (steering wheel)
fixed flares ("light sources") in stereo 3d mode
diff lock damage delay increased
daytime cycle made longer, night made shorter
integration with truck/level editor

Momentary

Banned
I have it on my list as well but I hear the PC netcode is shit and they have never bothered to fix it.

I'm sure if they play against people 2 or 3 thousand miles away they have issues. I've been playing friends that are only a few states over recently and it plays fine. There are a few hiccups here and there, but by no means does it make it not playable or even horrendous.

73V3N

Banned
What are some REAAAALLY cheap games I could grab my nephew who just started up his Steam library?

He only has Intel graphics so he can't run a ton of 3D stuff, but I figured there might be a game or two for cheap I could buy him. I got him Bit.Trip Runner 2.

He's only 11 and likes games of all types. He's big into Minecraft and also likes Five Nights at Freddy's (has both) as well as any games with horror stuff in them. However, I reckon he'd play just about anything that he could understand without too much hassle.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251370/
this one!

Gruso

What are some REAAAALLY cheap games I could grab my nephew who just started up his Steam library?

He only has Intel graphics so he can't run a ton of 3D stuff, but I figured there might be a game or two for cheap I could buy him. I got him Bit.Trip Runner 2.

He's only 11 and likes games of all types. He's big into Minecraft and also likes Five Nights at Freddy's (has both) as well as any games with horror stuff in them. However, I reckon he'd play just about anything that he could understand without too much hassle.
You are literally me several months ago. Here's a thread I started asking about good shooters for a crummy laptop. Tons of great replies, and I'm sure a lot of the suggestions will be cheap right now:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=866969

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks: -- MB-117ACD0528C68E61 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering -- MB-4AE5A3382A987FDE - Taken by RoyaleDuke. 2 entrants total.
Prismata: -- MB-A3E36202B27209BE
2 Not steam: Redeem here
Prismata: -- MB-63AC5EB6A2B78554
Not steam: Redeem here
PAYDAY 2 Alienware Alpha Mauler -- MB-9E143F26EDB8CAC9 - Taken by Unicorn. 3 entrants total.
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-7E3D5BF019E3C9FB - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering: -- MB-D7B60075FAA2C663
Weird Worlds -- MB-19CFFC25194E0E5C - Taken by EricTheCleric. 1 entrants total.

t1419218939z1.png

tebunker

Banned
Just watched the gameplay of Might & Magic X on the Steam storepage, and that is some sexy awesome gameplay. So Gaf, is it as good as I think it is? Should I pick it up at $7.50? I'm leaning towards yes, but just wanted to confirm it's not a piece of turd or something.
i went ahead and jumped on the deluxe version.

Only drawback is Uplay, this one is super classic gameplay, but fun so far

Coldsun

Banned
Sigh I don't know why Im tempted to pick up the season pass for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. It isn't on sale and therefore should be totally ignored... but ugh.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

raise him right. Get him some shmups.
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Shoot 'Em Up/

Is modbot broken? What's with the random 2's?
He/she/it was acting up yesterday, but it probably choked on those redeem urls.

Smash88

Banned
I have a giftable copy of ARMA 3. PM me if anyone wants to do a trade. I'm looking for Craft the World and Grim Dawn - Total: 24.48 (CDN) Probably cheaper if you are USA.

zychi

Banned
I have yet to buy a game during the sale :/

Haven't bought a game on another site either :/

Grabbed MGSVGZ before the sale started. Happy with that tho.

Saige

I must do better.
Might and Magic X first impressions: I spent about half an hour doing research before creating my party. I like this game already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess there will be or already is a crack that fixes this?

There's only one crack available for the game and in my experience it doesn't work with the current build of the Steam version. GFWL's death may force someone's hand, though.

I can understand Epic not wanting to cough up the resources for a Steamworks patch considering the game released largely to disinterest, however simply adding offline/local profile support would allow people to still enjoy the SP campaign even after the GFWL service is taken offline.

Renzoku

Banned
I finally booted up Dark Souls II today after buying it when it was a daily.

That was five hours ago, still going strong #_#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom