• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks: -- MB-117ACD0528C68E61 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering -- MB-4AE5A3382A987FDE - Taken by RoyaleDuke. 2 entrants total.
Prismata: -- MB-A3E36202B27209BE
2 Not steam: Redeem here
Prismata: -- MB-63AC5EB6A2B78554
Not steam: Redeem here
PAYDAY 2 Alienware Alpha Mauler -- MB-9E143F26EDB8CAC9 - Taken by Unicorn. 3 entrants total.
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-7E3D5BF019E3C9FB - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering: -- MB-D7B60075FAA2C663
Weird Worlds -- MB-19CFFC25194E0E5C - Taken by EricTheCleric. 1 entrants total.

t1419218939z1.png

CaLe

Pretty different games really. Turn based game like MMX would probably be more suited to streaming to a tablet though (and the small screen can mask how ugly it can be).

Oh I thought at first glance they looked similar, but I'm no expert to CRPGs. I'll have to read more on them both then :)

I never considered MM:X, but it's been getting rave reviews in this thread... And as you said, the small screen will probably hide the dated graphics.

D3RANG3D

"I own OVER THREE HUNDRED games on Steam, and I can say this sale is terrible."

It's just hard to compete with groupees/humble bundle etc bundles. But I think what people want from these sales are the insane deals they used to have like the five indie games for five bucks.

This sale is super underwhelming. I haven't bought a thing.
Is it not as impressive as previous years or am I imagining things?

I've only bought Trine
and GEARCRACK:Arena
, most of the games on my wishlist are old and/or small indie titles so are unlikely to be on Flash or Daily, most of them are at a really good discount now so i'm happy to wait and buy them all on the final day.

Lomax

I don't think it's only that. There's really less stuff on sale overall and the discounts are actually worse than previous sales.

The discounts aren't worse for the dailies. If you look at steamdb every daily is at least the same as an all time low and we've seen multiple games hit record low discounts. It's just that there's fewer overall, and most of the games with 75% or more discounts that won't be dailies also fall into the bundle realm now and get largely ignored. Plus people got used to the additional russian trading discount and now that's gone, so full retail base price can be a bit of a rude shock.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh I thought at first glance they looked similar, but I'm no expert to CRPGs. I'll have to read more on them both then :)

I never considered MM:X, but it's been getting rave reviews in this thread... And as you said, the small screen will probably hide the dated graphics.

They do look a bit similar but MM is turn based combat while Grimrock is real time. MM is more of a traditional RPG in that you're going to towns and getting quests and whatnot while Grimrock is largely exploration / puzzled based. Perspective is similar, but execution is pretty different.

Meesh

Just picked up Alien Isolation, so excite for best best Aliens game ever, God bless steam and it's steamy sale goodness...so glad I joined PC gaming not long ago :)

Lomax

Skyrim's selling power is incredible. It's always the nr. 1 top-seller when it is a daily.

Just saw someone on my Facebook feed get super excited because she bought the Skyrim Legendary on sale. She's been on Steam for a while but literally only owned and played Age of Empires II. As ubiquitous as we think steam sales are, it's always new to someone.

starting to wish that I bought Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when it was still on sale, I know the GameStop site is selling it for $30, but I'm in Canada, so i'm pretty much locked out of using it.

GMG is probably the best hope for a Borderlands deal, in the past they were the first to have heavy discounts on Borderlands 2 and even if they just go to 50% off, with the 20% voucher that would bring it down to $24.

starting to wish that I bought Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when it was still on sale, I know the GameStop site is selling it for $30, but I'm in Canada, so i'm pretty much locked out of using it.

gabbo

So, while I usually follow the 'wait for daily deals' mantra, I don't see games like Collapse or Space Rangers 2: HD that are already 75% off and small, older titles getting bigger discounts. May have to break the rules and do it (and maybe for Quake1-3 as well).

Anyone provide a valid argument against?

-MD-

By the time the next sale rolls around it'll have all the dlc ready to go for probably even cheaper.

cicero

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition 4-Pack ($3.74 per person)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

2. cicero
3. FrozenXcalibur

This still needs someone to host it.

---

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition 4-Pack ($5.62 per person)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266840/

2. cicero

I ended up buying a 4-Pack of Age of Mythology: Extended Edition for $5.62 PayPal each, if anyone wants send me a PM
I already got mine from diablogod, it was a pleasure dealing with him, I recommend sending him a PM if you are interested.

Smash88

Banned
Anyone willing to do game trades here, before I go to the BST thread?

EDIT: It's a copy of ARMA 3 for two games, bound by flame, and grim dawn which is $22.48 USD, and ARMA 3 is $30 on the sale when the 50% discount hits.

cicero

It's just hard to compete with groupees/humble bundle etc bundles. But I think what people want from these sales are the insane deals they used to have like the five indie games for five bucks.

Those were some really great packs at that time. I think I bought like six of them.

omg_mjd

Voted for Clickteam Fusion. I had a chance to play with Multimedia Fusion when it came in a Humble Bundle some time ago and it was pretty easy to make simple 2D games with it. According to Clickteam, they'll increase the discounts for the DLC as well (currently at 33% and 50% off) if they win the community vote.

MUnited83

For you.
The discounts aren't worse for the dailies. If you look at steamdb every daily is at least the same as an all time low and we've seen multiple games hit record low discounts. It's just that there's fewer overall, and most of the games with 75% or more discounts that won't be dailies also fall into the bundle realm now and get largely ignored. Plus people got used to the additional russian trading discount and now that's gone, so full retail base price can be a bit of a rude shock.

Yeah, I'm talking about the discounts in general. I have so many things on my wishlist that are not even on sale at all or has lousy discounts. And those things had much better discounts on the summer sale.

Unicorn

Fuuuu Jet Set Radio is 1.24 at the Humble Store. What songs are missing from the Steam Release? A way to patch them back in?
KuGsj.gif

Picked up Dawnguard and Dragonborn. When I finally upgrade my 680 to a 970 I plan to mod out Skyrim and go back into it again. Unfortunately, I didn't preserve my old saves so I'll have to start from scratch. Ugh.

With all the modding I've done to my Skyrim games, I've destroyed a huge number of saves.

My advice is to look up some trainer mods. Basically anything that you can use to get your character-skills back to where they were before. A house loaded with crafting materials is also handy if/when you lose all your favorite equipment.

It doesn't really do anything about losing quest progress, but it still saves me a ton of time.

All that said, it's probably for the best that your saves are gone. Installing a bunch of mods, then loading a save, can cause a lot of instability. It's preferable to get all of the mods you want, make sure the game doesn't explode when you start it up, then start a fresh character.

Also if you're expecting to do a LOT of character customizing. Make sure whatever custom mod you're using (racemenu, etc) supports char-gen. That way you can load up your favorite face.
Maybe that's just me though, I spend a ton of time in the character creator.

jholmes

Fuuuu Jet Set Radio is 1.24 at the Humble Store. What songs are missing from the Steam Release? A way to patch them back in?
KuGsj.gif

I'm still annoyed that wasn't in the Sega Humble Bundle. I beat the PS3 port not that long ago but would definitely return to it eventually on Steam.

I'm shocked that Skyrim is CONSISTENTLY one of the top sellers during sales. How does everyone not own this game?

Maybe it doesn't appeal to everyone?

I used to be attracted to the Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall (I remember the incredibly glowing review in Games Master UK, I read it many times), but I never actually played any of them. And it might be too late for me now, I can't seem to have the attention span for deep menu-driven systems, and a lot of reading.

But dem nude mods though?

Edit: I just realized that I misread your post! I thought you were asking why doesn't everyone own this game.

Maybe it means that the gaming market (at least PC's share) is growing, and Skyrim being such a juggernaut of a title it always manages to capture a big portion of the new customers, hence top seller.

what is up with the nuuvem site? every time I try to make an account, it just hangs at the "make account" button.

Is there anyone in here kind enough to buy something there for me (the GTA complete bundle) if I just gift them the funds?

PM Me.

-MD-

what is up with the nuuvem site? every time I try to make an account, it just hangs at the "make account" button.

Is there anyone in here kind enough to buy something there for me (the GTA complete bundle) if I just gift them the funds?

PM Me.

I just signed into my twitter when I did it, didn't make an account.

PM Me.

Try making an account when you aren't checking out, just normally. Then sign into that when you are ready to check out.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Do the old Final Fantasy games on Steam have that weird thing where you have to make a Square-Enix account and register with them first still? I remember FFVII having something like that, but not sure about the others.

PM Me.

It hung for me when my login name and screen name were different.

I won the chess the gathering drawing but it said the key was already redeemed. :/

Oh well.

Still nothing else on sale yet, I keep holding for something better but there's nothing. :/ All the stuff I really want(south park) seems to refuse to drop to 10 bucks or under. :(

Come on Valve, put some good deals up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom