• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Copped Killer is Dead. I heard the game kinda sucks, but that price tho.
wtzgU.gif

i'VE DEcided to nominate it for GotY since it was my GotY 2013 last time.
Tere's a 60 FPS fix which can easily be applied, just follow the instructions in the STEAm guides for the game.

Was about to splurge on Ethan Carter. Maybe with an encore of it because for some reason I'm looking for Goat Simulator to hit it's $5 price. Lol

Come on, Kerbel...

I am honestly confused on what to purchase. I have bought most of the games i wanted this winter sale and i am nearing my spending budget and i was hoping that someone could help me decide which game to get between Valiant Hearts and The Wolf Among Us. Which game in your guys opinion is better or are both worthy of buying on my limited budget?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-300FE75FD824096F - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.

t1419234788z1.png

Tizoc

I am honestly confused on what to purchase. I have bought most of the games i wanted this winter sale and i am nearing my spending budget and i was hoping that someone could help me decide which game to get between Valiant Hearts and The Wolf Among Us. Which game in your guys opinion is better or are both worthy of buying on my limited budget?

Both.
Valiant Hearts will give you feels.
Wolf Among us is good too.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hey can someone help me out? I bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the US Amazon store thinking that I can bypass the region lock but alas it didn't (the game is not sold in my region). It'll be nice if someone is willing to do an exchange with me by gifting me something from Steam. Expecting something of the same price or of course. Valiant Hearts will be a good choice:) Pm me if you can help:)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey can someone help me out? I bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the US Amazon store thinking that I can bypass the region lock but alas it didn't (the game is not sold in my region). It'll be nice if someone is willing to do an exchange with me by gifting me something from Steam. Expecting something of the same price or of course. Valiant Hearts will be a good choice:) Pm me if you can help:)

Just use a VPN to activate it. Spotflux is free, easy to use and US-based. Exit Steam -> Connect to VPN -> Restart Steam -> Activate key -> Uninstall VPN.

JaseC

I thought VPN is not allowed?

Strictly speaking, it's not, but in practice Valve doesn't care about key activations, presumably because it doesn't see a cent from then, and in fact use of a VPN is even necessary for game collectors since some region-specific stuff is exclusive to retail and activation-locked. It's using one to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself that has the potential to draw Valve's ire.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Strictly speaking, it's not, but in practice Valve doesn't care about key activations, presumably because it doesn't see a cent from then, and in fact use of a VPN is even necessary for game collectors since some region-specific stuff is exclusive to retail and activation-locked. It's using one to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself that has the potential to draw Valve's ire.

Hmm...Thanks for the suggestion but I'll probably stick to seeing if anyone wants to do an exchange before using the VPN method. You probably know better since you're a collector but I'm willing to wait :) The key is not going anywhere anyway:)

JaseC

Hmm...Thanks for the suggestion but I'll probably stick to seeing if anyone wants to do an exchange before using the VPN method. You probably know better since you're a collector but I'm willing to wait :) The key is not going anywhere anyway:)

Fair enough. I can understand that some aren't keen on the idea of using one considering the language in the SSA.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I thought it was pretty boring. I keep telling myself I'll finish it, but every time I pass by it in my Steam library I can't be bothered to waste anymore time on it. It's not like this is some shocking opinion, it reviewed poorly and received very little attention.

We got the wrong Suda game. Should've been Shadows of the Damned, man.

-MD-

I thought it was pretty boring. I keep telling myself I'll finish it, but every time I pass by it in my Steam library I can't be bothered to waste anymore time on it. It's not like this is some shocking opinion, it reviewed poorly and received very little attention.

We got the wrong Suda game. Should've been Shadows of the Damned, man.

I liked KiD wayyyyyyy more than SotD.

I bought Killer is Dead without even looking here. I thought it was loved by all?

Dunno Jbourne's post kinda surprised me, I know it reviewed mediocre but who gives a fuck about reviewers? I've seen a lot of praise for it on gaf and around the internet and I really enjoyed it, prob my favorite Grasshopper game (haven't played Killer 7 though).

Door Kickers is a must buy for everyone that enjoys tactical games. It's a top down Rainbow Six. Love it.

Edit: I might have already posted something similar to this, but it's such a fun game.

Went to bed wondering whether I should buy LA Noir with or without the DLC, woke up to find the deal was over. Probably a good thing, the only reason I was going to get it was to watch John Noble. I miss Fringe. Maybe time to get started on Sleepy Hollow..

Only damage of the deal so far was the irresistable 90% of Castle Crashers for me, so far. Nothing on my wishlist got a good discount..

Asskicker

I've been wanting to buy the Skyrim DLC for a long time now.

Seems like I'm better of with buying the Legendary edition! I missed the deal on GmG and it's pretty 'expensive' on Steam. Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

XBP

Went to bed wondering whether I should buy LA Noir with or without the DLC, woke up to find the deal was over. Probably a good thing, the only reason I was going to get it was to watch John Noble. I miss Fringe. Maybe time to get started on Sleepy Hollow..

Only damage of the deal so far was the irresistable 90% of Castle Crashers for me, so far. Nothing on my wishlist got a good discount..

You can get the complete edition of LA Noire from nuuvem for a lot cheaper.

Double

I've been wanting to buy the Skyrim DLC for a long time now.

Seems like I'm better of with buying the Legendary edition! I missed the deal on GmG and it's pretty 'expensive' on Steam. Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
I heard it's actually discounted over at Amazon.com

Water

damn, my sister bought this game yesterday for double of price.

These days it seems like whenever my wishlisted game drops to a sub 5e deal (or for small indie games, something like sub 3e deal) on Steam and I finally pick it up, it will be on a bundle within a month, and I will not have yet played it in the meantime. :p

Should probably repurpose one of the HOOOOLD! gifs.

Oh well. At least I now have a week or two of holidays, and a Windows laptop good enough for running some AAA games. Years of backlog await! (Not that I have any illusions of playing more games than I buy during a Steam sale.)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Do it. It's a great story and even better than the Walking Dead seasons.
What if you felt that between reading the options and reading the situation, the timing on selecting conversation options in TWD was 5x too fast and it made you hate it?

Macrotus

I thought VPN is not allowed?

I'm afraid of my account being banned, so I couldn't buy Alien Isolation. Didn't want to risk using VPN :(
The game isn't even available on Steam Japan...
It was such a nice deal :/
I guess I can get the US version for the PS4 at some point....

Sega and Square-Enix are so **** publishers for the Japan region of Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom