• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

famfrit

But on the bright side, she'll know to wait when the Summer Sale rolls around.

yeah, the worst part is that I said to her wait for the daylies.... bur she played the game in the house of a friend and loved the game.

now, should I buy the wolf among us for my steam account or should I use the library share of sister account?

What if you felt that between reading the options and reading the situation, the timing on selecting conversation options in TWD was 5x too fast and it made you hate it?

The games might not be for you then. But the Fables stories are great in the book and the game doesn't let them down. Bigby is such a great character too. Especially if played bad.

Better than S2, but definitely not S1. TWAU starts out with a bang and ended on a whimper.

I definitely agree that the start of TWAU is the best part. S1 TWD is fantastic though.

Never Alone looks lovely.
Is it any good?
Yep, it is a solid platformer with some puzzles and a beautiful story that'll teach you a lot about Inupiats (and it's one of those games that managed to combine narrative and gameplay elements really well). It's a little bit rough around the edges (AI is sometimes spotty, and controls could be better during some parts of the game), but it's beautiful and worth playing nonetheless, if you ask me.

famfrit

These days it seems like whenever my wishlisted game drops to a sub 5e deal (or for small indie games, something like sub 3e deal) on Steam and I finally pick it up, it will be on a bundle within a month, and I will not have yet played it in the meantime. :p

Should probably repurpose one of the HOOOOLD! gifs.

Oh well. At least I now have a week or two of holidays, and a Windows laptop good enough for running some AAA games. Years of backlog await! (Not that I have any illusions of playing more games than I buy during a Steam sale.)

Thats why I try to hold my whishlist. That Sega humblebundle Sonic Transformed pack for $1... bought mine in june for $10 but the game is so good that I dont care for paid more.

Waiting for more japan game daylies.

ecosse_011172

Yep, it is a solid platformer with some puzzles and a beautiful story that'll teach you a lot about Inupiats (and it's one of those games that managed to combine narrative and gameplay elements really well). It's a little bit rough around the edges (AI is sometimes spotty, and controls could be better during some parts of the game), but it's beautiful and worth playing nonetheless, if you ask me.

Thanks, looks very appealing.
I may wait for a better discount though...

Marow

It seems that Killer Is Dead, according to the Steam Forums, was never really properly fixed and has crash issues. How common are these?

XBP

Got Wolf Among Us, not so sure if I should get Killer is Dead. The game didn't seem to get that much positive reception from reviewers.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Goddamn, Prison Architect is officially Civilization level for me. I start playing, and suddenly 5 hours have gone by in a blink.

Great purchase for cheap. Don't worry about the Early Access tag, either. I have no idea what makes this Early Access. It's a full fledged game as it stands, near as I can tell. I suck at it though. It's definitely not for the weak willed.

i can understand Shadow Warrior but Age of Mythology seems to have a 66 metacritic average and i was wondering WHY since it was a beloved game back in the day, is it bad port or...?

To be honest I said yay for AoM because of the nostalgia alone. I will personally buy it now if I haven't made up my mind to not buy any game anymore until I finish my backlog. (which is unrealistic but I sure hope I can manage it until this sale is over)

Someone with a more hands-on experience will hopefully give you more insight.

C4rter

Wolf among us is nice... Might pick it up but more interested in the walking dead... Any change they will go lower then 50%?

TWD will definitely go lower than 50%.
It was 66% in Autumn Sale, as was Wolf Among us.
Now its 75% so I hope it will be 75% as well.

XBP

Its on UE3, so even calculator will run it decently (60 fps fix http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262696032)

To be honest I said yay for AoM because of the nostalgia alone. I will personally buy it now if I haven't made up my mind to not buy any game anymore until I finish my backlog. (which is unrealistic but I sure hope I can manage it until this sale is over)

Someone with a more hands-on experience will hopefully give you more insight.

Ran fine for me.

I didn't have any crashes.

Bought it. This sale isn't doing my wallet any favors. My first steam sale and all.

MrPanic

I see awesomenauts is super cheap so I might as well get that, but I noticed it also has a expansion. Is awesomenauts fine on its own or do you need the starstorm dlc to really enjoy it?

Tizoc

It seems that Killer Is Dead, according to the Steam Forums, was never really properly fixed and has crash issues. How common are these?

Apparently the issue occurs on systems with dual core.

I have never had an issue running the game personally.

My God, I already bought Bulletstorm, Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition, SpeedRunners and now, I see Killer is Dead : Nightmare Edition, The Wolf Among Us and Valiant Hearts : The Great War at great prices ? Man, this Steam Holiday Sales are so good !

kermit-masturbate.gif

Braag

This is probably the longest I've gone without buying a game during the Steam holiday sales.
I'm still waiting for specific games to go on a daily or flash sale.
And I'm trying to avoid buying games which I know I'll probably never even bother installing.

Kouriozan

Still nothing on my wishlist getting featured, my wallet is safe for now.
Hope it won't be as disappointing as last year for me though :(

Goddamn, Prison Architect is officially Civilization level for me. I start playing, and suddenly 5 hours have gone by in a blink.

Great purchase for cheap. Don't worry about the Early Access tag, either. I have no idea what makes this Early Access. It's a full fledged game as it stands, near as I can tell. I suck at it though. It's definitely not for the weak willed.

What is amazing about Prison Architect to me is that it lives up to a promise that the Sim City devs made and never delivered on: every inmate, guard, etc. has an identity and you can follow them around and keep track of their lives. I hope that if there is a sequel to Banished it explores similar territory.

I agree that it feels like a finished game too.

Spyware

What if you felt that between reading the options and reading the situation, the timing on selecting conversation options in TWD was 5x too fast and it made you hate it?

I hated The Wolf Among Us when I started playing it since even tho I'm a quick reader I sometimes didn't even feel I got to read all the options. I had no trouble in TWD but TWAU was so much worse. Some say that's good since "you have to make quick decisions, like in real life!", but in real life I know what I can do and in the game I had no idea what my options would be. But! After rage quitting two times I found out that there is a pause button (it's space iirc)! It leaves the conversation options readable and makes the game so much better.

Enco

Valiant Heart or Wolf Among us ?

Which one should I pick ?
Wolf.

Valiant doesn't deliver on what the trailer showed. The game is very arcadey and repetitive. There's pretty much no emotional impact and the gameplay is boring.

Wolf is intense, brutal and fun. The story is exciting to see play out and characters are cool.

Jag

Wolf.

Valiant doesn't deliver on what the trailer showed. The game is very arcadey and repetitive. There's pretty much no emotional impact and the gameplay is boring.

Wolf is intense, brutal and fun. The story is exciting to see play out and characters are cool.

Interesting. I've heard the opposite about Valiant.

Enco

Interesting. I've heard the opposite about Valiant.
The whole game boils down to this:

1. Go collect something (e.g. a wrench or bandage)
2. Carry that something to point B (e.g. a machine or person)
3. Use that something
4. Advance to the next section and go to 1

There are some other small things like driving sequences and sneaking segments but it's nothing too exciting.

The music is cool and the art style is neat. Other than that, I struggle to find a reason to finish the game.

Spyware

I found Valiant worth playing but it's not a super great game. Have not played TWAU past the first episode but I love the Fables world. Not a big fan of Telltale tho. I'd say the games are both a bit underwhelming and I have trouble recommending one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom