• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yikes! Black Flag runs at like, 22 fps in dense areas. Playable I suppose, but maybe I should go back to 2 until I can get a modern CPU :lol

How do Shadow Warrior and Killer is Dead run on a dualcore?

Anybody know why Euro Truck Sim 2 would run poorly on an i5 3570k and GTX 970? I figure it's just me since I've never seen poor performance mentioned by others.

Yikes! Black Flag runs at like, 22 fps in dense areas. Playable I suppose, but maybe I should go back to 2 until I can get a modern CPU :lol

which cpu do you have? I have the same issue

i have a 1055t atm, a complete piece of shit cpu

Zaphod

The steam forums say that a quad core is required or the game becomes unplayable.

Is Killer Is Dead a good PC port?

I would also like to hear how well it runs outside of the quad core requirement.

yuraya

Valiant Heart or Wolf Among us ?

Which one should I pick ?

Never played Wolf so I can't comment on it.

but Valiant Hearts is great game. One of the best games of the year.

The story and presentation are top notch. Its one of few games out there with ww1 theme. The gameplay is like side scrolling with puzzle elements etc. Its not hard or anything. The pacing was actually very well done. I enjoyed it.

The only bad thing about it is that you will need Uplay account. Other than that the game is easily worth the $.

Tizoc

Is Killer Is Dead a good PC port?

The steam forums say that a quad core is required or the game becomes unplayable.

I would also like to hear how well it runs outside of the quad core requirement.

Once you apply the simple 60 FPS fix it runs smooth as butter and you can have the res as high as you want it.
You can also disable life bars etc. by editing some of the ini files too.

i played wolf among us on ps3

it was top notch. captivating story and great voice acting. I finished all 5 episodes and liked em all.

Wolf Among us on PS3 crashed on me at the first ep. on the 2nd floor after talking to Toad.

WAU is a good game, but everyone who has a capable PC should play it on PC only if they're interested.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What is amazing about Prison Architect to me is that it lives up to a promise that the Sim City devs made and never delivered on: every inmate, guard, etc. has an identity and you can follow them around and keep track of their lives. I hope that if there is a sequel to Banished it explores similar territory.

I agree that it feels like a finished game too.

Man, this is some meta commentary too, right? Oh, hey, society, we're full up of prisoners, can't possible handle anymore. Besides, my budget is gone and I need more guards.

"TOO BAD HERE COMES 12 MORE"

Deep, man. Deep.

Wolf Among us on PS3 crashed on me at the first ep. on the 2nd floor after talking to Toad.

WAU is a good game, but everyone who has a capable PC should play it on PC only if they're interested.

no crashes here, it seemed polished to me. but in the future i will be buying all telltale games on PC. Game of Throne's performance even on PS4 is horrible and the game is super ugly. The telltale guys really need to hire a few decent programmers

Zaphod

Once you apply the simple 60 FPS fix it runs smooth as butter and you can have the res as high as you want it.
You can also disable life bars etc. by editing some of the ini files too.

Thanks. I'm getting pretty tempted to pick this one up.

Tizoc

Thanks. I'm getting pretty tempted to pick this one up.

Better decide quick as its discount ends in 2 hours ;)
gAMEPLAY wise it is very simple yet fun but it is not a long game that it outstays its welcome.

The best part of the combat is the Dodge Counter; it is not hard to get and once you do you land it, you get the satisfaction of having done 100 slashes on an enemy or BOSS in the blink of an eye ;P

cicero

Count me in, then. Looks like a fun game. So I just buy the four pack and handle payments and gifting through PMs?

Yes. You will send us your Steam ID and paypal email address, we will send you a friend invite through Steam and you will add us as friends, and also send you a gift through paypal. Then you just gift the extra copies to each of us through Steam.

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition 4-Pack ($3.74 per person)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

1. WhirlwindMonk
2. cicero
3. FrozenXcalibur
4. Prophet Steve

Yes. You will send us your Steam ID and paypal email address, we will send you a friend invite through Steam and you will add us as friends, and also send you a gift through paypal. Then you just gift the extra copies to each of us through Steam.

4-pack has been purchased, PMs have been sent.

I will check that out, thanks man!

It's kind of funny how many people miss that. I missed it myself for my first prison or two, and like everyone else who missed it, I just could not figure out why the game was so dang difficult.

Baha

DMC is $10 after 75% base discount & 20% off WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE voucher @ GMG
Castle of Illusion is $3 as well with the voucher applied.

tmarques

Amazon gave me 5 bucks to answer some stupid survey and I spent it on Dishonored. 10 seconds later I remembered why I never bought it in the summer - I had decided to wait for a deal on the GOTY edition. Oh well. How good are the expansions?

NotLiquid

Can GAF recommend Bulletstorm? I'm heavily on the fence, I heard it's a more old school kind of shooter but that it doesn't commit all the way.

FaintDeftone

I grabbed Shadow Warrior for $3.99. I've been meaning to play this for quite some time and was almost ready to pull the trigger on the PS4 version. Glad I waited!

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-DB4CA85138028CDE - Taken by kribz
Bundle spare.

Altima

End up, I bought Valiant Heart because I see people mentioned it a lot it GotY thread :/

I will to pick up TWAU later. I should be able to pick both of them if they do not discount it at the same time :(

Anyone own Farming Simulator 2015? How is it?

I play this with a bunch of fellow gaffers and it's loads of fun. I think your enjoyment of it will highly depend upon your tolerance for repetitive actions (plowing fields, sowing, harvesting, etc.), and your ability to get into the mindset of role playing a farmer (or group of farmers). The multiplayer is great as it allows for cooperation and teamwork, reaping greater profits and rewards. We like to divide the tasks among the group so that all jobs across the map can be done simultaneously. The simulation aspect isn't that deep, but there are loads of crops to farm and equipment to use. If farming isn't your thing, you can make quite a bit of money through logging and forestry.

If you plan to play it solo, however, I wouldn't recommend it until it drops to a lower price. It's a fun distraction for a few hours here and there, but the solo game just doesn't have the same appeal as the multiplayer.

madjoki

Damn. Kinda hoping Dead Rising 3 would be cheaper (GMG). I've yet to see this game listed for a significantly reduced price.

It has pretty good changes to get daily during steam sale. I don't think it has been cheaper expect that unintended sale by GamesPlanet.
Capcom seems to be one of least aggressive publishers with discounting.

Anybody know why Euro Truck Sim 2 would run poorly on an i5 3570k and GTX 970? I figure it's just me since I've never seen poor performance mentioned by others.

No clue here but I have an i5 3570k and a GTX 970, and the game ran fine when I still had my Radeon 6950, so I'll see if I can fire it up tonight and verify its performance.

Jirotrom

Is it worth the price I see on gig? Reason I ask is because I already have the original version on pc, and wondering if there are some true upgrades worth the 8 dollar cost.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cities in Motion -- MB-D3507E96ACF0A3CD - Taken by _woLf. 2 entrants total.

t1419266756z1.png

My God, I already bought Bulletstorm, Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition, SpeedRunners and now, I see Killer is Dead : Nightmare Edition, The Wolf Among Us and Valiant Hearts : The Great War at great prices ? Man, this Steam Holiday Sales are so good !

Sadly I have not bought a single sale game thus far. Just nothing that interests me yet outside of what I already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom